Speculation Elijah Tsatas [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

So now the media make up stories about players that have 2.5 years on their contract.

What a great job.
Make something up, then talk about it and other journos will run it as a story.

Twomey has lost his credibility over the past couple of years trying to remain more ‘relevant’ than other ‘journos’.

Should have just stuck to reporting on the draft class. He was decent at that back in the day.

So now the media make up stories about players that have 2.5 years on their contract.

What a great job.

Twomey has lost his credibility over the past couple of years trying to remain more ‘relevant’ than other ‘journos’.

Should have just stuck to reporting on the draft class. He was decent at that back in the day.

Haha what? Read the article

What a great job.

Most media publications do this and is a big reason why I hate it.

Kane Cornes makes some outlandish statement on SEN1116 and most media outlets run it and then give an opinion on Cornes' opinion. Horseshit aint it?

his statement from Twomey was a throw away line, and people have lapped it up like its some sort of gospel

I did.
It’s a nothing article.

The player is contracted, there is no indication he wants to move on, or the club is keen to. Or that other clubs have expressed interest.

It’s not even really a news article though it’s just one of those SEN grabs trying to drum up interest in their station yet you used it to have a go Twomey lol

It’s not even really a news article though it’s just one of those SEN grabs trying to drum up interest in their station yet you used it to have a go Twomey lol
I sure have.
He’s moved from a draft reporter to a guy who now has to create content with no basis of a story to begin with.

It’s a shame, now we have no idea if anything he say is just fantasy or based on any semblance of fact. Just like so many of the other ‘journos’ in the industry.

honest question can you retain a player to kick? if so this guy would be a gun (adam trelor like)

I've said it a few times on the Geelong board but GC were low key genius with their read on this draft.

Trade a top 10 pick for a salary dump? Insane

Tsatas, Humphrey, Mackenzie, Clark, Ginbey, Phillipou, Busslinger were the pre draft names associated with that pick.

They end up taking the pick of the litter in Humphrey themselves with a whole lot of meh left over.

I've said it a few times on the Geelong board but GC were low key genius with their read on this draft.

Tsatas, Humphrey, Mackenzie, Clark, Ginbey, Phillipou, Busslinger were the pre draft names associated with that pick.

They end up taking the pick of the litter in Humphrey themselves with a whole lot of meh left over.
For a third rounder and Bowes contract I'll take it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong I thought Humphrey was the pick to take as well, but Ginbey, Mackenzie and Phillipou will all be very good players.

honest question can you retain a player to kick? if so this guy would be a gun (adam trelor like)

Nothing is impossible but I'd say it's pretty unlikely that you could turn him into a good kick. You'd have an easier time training an American who's never touched a Sherrin before than Tsatsas who has probably kicked a footy 100,000 times in his life. Was either Arsene Wenger of Sir Alex Ferguson who said if you aren't a technical player by 12 you never will be.

The guy playing as the sub every week?

He was a strong selection for the Suns due to the type of player he is, but I wouldn't say he is the 'pick of the litter'.

I LOVE what the Poo did last weekend.
And Cam Mackenzie has played every game this year and gets better by the week.

I've liked the look of Ginbey, Mackenzie and Phillipou - all have showed a point of difference at AFL level. Busslinger looks a level above the VFL. Not sure why he isn't getting games in the seniors.

Not all that impressed with Clark or Tsatas so far. One looks a run of a mill low production smallish inside mid and the other can't hit a target if his life depended on it.

Still very early days.

Other teams can ask all they want. A contracted 19 year old who was taken at pick 5? Will be asking for a top 5 pick minimum,nor two firsts.

I think he will be alright in time. He's a shocking kick now but so was Jobe Watson. Jobe never became a surgeon with his footskills but he at least went from a liability ball in hand to reliable.

Other teams can ask all they want. A contracted 19 year old who was taken at pick 5? Will be asking for a top 5 pick minimum,nor two firsts.

The % of players which actually increase in value after they are drafted is on the lower end of the scale.

Tsatas at the moment is certainly not one of them.

As you said, Essendon are entitled to set the market, but that price isn't really rooted in reality.

I doubt it's a case of clubs clamoring for his services. More a case of Essendon potentially cutting loses before his value potentially erodes even further if he is still in the VFL at the end of 2025.

Then it becomes a Paddy Dow situation.

how is he going in the 2's?
Averaged 30 disposals and 9 clearances the past month
The % of players which actually increase in value after they are drafted is on the lower end of the scale.

Tsatas at the moment is certainly not one of them.

As you said, Essendon are entitled to set the market, but that price isn't really rooted in reality.

I doubt it's a case of clubs clamoring for his services. More a case of Essendon potentially cutting loses before his value potentially erodes even further if he is still in the VFL at the end of 2025.

Then it becomes a Paddy Dow situation.
It's clubs being interested.

If we were shopping him around we wouldn't have re-signed him at the start of the year. Therefore, if a club enquires, we set the price at a top 5 pick or two firsts.

Him playing VFL is the biggest non-story. It's better for him to get time and continuity in the role he was drafted for there rather than be sub or play on a wing at AFL level because he isn't ready for midfield at the top level.

Speculation Elijah Tsatas [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back