Preview Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon - Sunday Sept 11 @ 2.40PM - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon @MCG - Wouldn't want it any other way!!

Probably a stupid Question This far out but does anyone know when this game is likely to be?

Friday night hawks v cats

Saturday swans v saints

Saturday night blues v bombers

Sunday pies v eagles

Re: Elimination Final - Carlton v Essendon @MCG - Wouldn't want it any other way!!

Saturday swans v saints

Sunday pies v eagles

No chance. They're not going to give the winner of 5v8 an advantage over the loser of 1v4.

We will play Sunday arvo.

Saturday pies v eagles

Sunday swans v saints

More likely. .. but I could see a Sunday arvo game coming our way. .. The AFL has scheduled a few blockbusters on Sunday this year. ..

Edit: BTW with the elim. finals tickets for GA members, can you by guest seats as well, what's the limit?

AFL 360 tonight seemed pretty confident the schedule would be...

Geel/Haw - Friday Night (MCG)
Coll/WC - Saturday (MCG)
Syd/St K - Saturday Night (SCG or Etihad)
Carl/Ess - Sunday (MCG)

Edit: BTW with the elim. finals tickets for GA members, can you by guest seats as well, what's the limit?

Theres a thread on the main board about this, which states

A. Members may have access to purchase additional tickets during the first three weeks of the finals for friends who wish to attend the game with you. The quantity of additional tickets is subject to the teams and venues, please refer to your member emails or check afl.com.au/finalstickets for updates prior to tickets going on sale

So, yes. :thumbsu:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865084

Cheers. .. I went looking on the Carlton page. .. neglected to think it would AFL based. .. Limits aren't released yet though, as it depends on the teams and ground. ..

If Henderson gets Hurley then what do we do with Jamo? Any chance we put him up forward again?

Elimination Final date & time confirmed .............

Sunday Sept 11th 2.40pm - MCG

http://twitter.com/#!/CFC_Coutts/status/109210329002688512

@CFC_Coutts AFL has confirmed Elimination Final v Essendon will be Sunday Sep 11 at 2.40pm at the 'G'. A home final for the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Henderson gets Hurley then what do we do with Jamo? Any chance we put him up forward again?

I hope not. Jammo is our 'near' all Australian fullback this year (cost only by injury). He needs to take first crack at all oppositon best backmen.

Hendo would star picking up and running off the second options. He's had his baptism of fire over the past few weeks.

Is Hird the type of coach to order a couple of assassinations??
I.e: Send Hocking,Lovett-Murray,Hille out to clean up the likes of Judd,Gibbs,Garlett.
It doesnt bear thinking,because I dont think we have the players to protect these guys.
In their eyes I feel revenge and taking some of our stars out is a very close second to actually winning the game!!

Their finals campaign may be derailed before it's even started:

ESSENDON assistant coach Dean Wallis is the subject of an AFL investigation into alleged betting on a match involving his club last weekend.

The AFL launched the investigation yesterday into a football official's alleged three-figure bet on what is called a quarter-quad bet.

Former Bomber Dean Wallis in bet scandal

For a few lulz head across to the Ess board and read why they hate us. Makes for some funny reading.

Just be careful while your there. .. My favourite is the guys trying to point out that the Dons have more members, must be ignoring the audit ;)

Looking forward to this one, could be absolute epic.

Hurley is on the verge of breaking out into one of the elite players in the competition.

The game rests on you guys being able to stop him.

Don't put Henderson on him or Hurley could kick 8.

Jamison definitely has to go to him, he is the only player on your list capable of doing the job imo.

Of course having said that, if we can't get it down to him like last time we met then it won't matter.

Difference being though we will be fielding a much stronger midfield one that closer resembles our best engine room.

The countdown is on and i can't wait for special moments this final series!

Hurley is on the verge of breaking out into one of the elite players in the competition.

The game rests on you guys being able to stop him.
Don't put Henderson on him or Hurley could kick 8.

So, anything short of an AA quality back-man on Hurley and presto, 8 goals just like that.

Some serious overrating of an individual, just there.
Can't wait for the movie: Michael Hurley vs. The World. :rolleyes:

So, anything short of an AA quality back-man on Hurley and presto, 8 goals just like that.

Some serious overrating of an individual, just there.
Can't wait for the movie: Michael Hurley vs. The World. :rolleyes:

That's it then Harks.

We have no chance. Might as well concede now.

Wow didn't realise Essendon was a one man show. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back