Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Mumford is going to end our season again :(

We have a great record against the cats.

Power are definitely beatable.

Melbourne are unproven in finals.

Brisbane have had the shakes over the last month or so.

Dogs are done.

Bombers don’t win finals.

GWS is the toughest assignment in the comp right now.

If we can get this done we’d have confidence going into any other game.

I think you all are suffering from the colliwobbles! If we have a bad day, then it won't matter who we play, but if we're on, then we're a better team than the Giants.

We have a significant amount of youngsters who have never played finals and I think a lot will depend on their reaction to the pressure.

I too am backing Parker to drag this team along with him, also for Rampe to step up.
Buddy absolutely loves playing finals and he'll sweep the forwards along with him.

The coaching staff have shown all year how absolutely sensational they are, and I'm backing them in again!

Swans by 4 goals plus...

GO BLOODS!!!

We've shown ourselves to be the better team across the 22 weeks of the competition this year but the key is the form of the two sides right now and their injury lists. We're both riding great form and GWS have battle hardened bodies coming good at the right time of the year.

This is gonna be as intense a game as we've played this year. GWS vs Sydney is always that way. An incredible test for a lot of our young guys playing their first finals. If Kennedy is fit to play, he has to imo. We need as much experience as we can get from our good players. Bud, Parker, Kennedy, Rampe, Lloyd, Cunningham, Hickey, Papley, Heeney, Hewett, and Mills are gonna have to do some heavy lifting this week to guide our young guys and keep them steady and mentally ready to go.

I think we've opted for Rampe as the third tall with Melican/McCartin as the keys at a beneficial time. Rampe can now take the Greene match-up with McCartin/Melican taking Himmelberg and Hogan.

Hayward must take the Haynes match-up again, Bud is gonna have his hands full with a red-hot Sam Taylor to play on him, Papley could be primed for a big game because GWS don't have an excellent small defender as far as I see it.

I do think our bottom 6 is slightly more reliable than their bottom 6 which is a marker of our preparedness I think. You need an even spread in finals, it can't just be left to your best 8 players to do the heavy lifting. From each of our previous games, I'd say the bottom 6's from each starting 22 for each were:

GWS: Bruhn, Briggs, Lloyd, Kennedy, Stein, Sproule

Sydney: O'Riordan, Campbell, Wicks, Melican, McLean, Rowbottom (tough to pick the last one, came down to Rowbottom, Hayward, Florent)

Close run, but I'd take our bottom 6 over theirs by a slight martin. If we can get Mills and/or Kennedy into the side and they can contribute, I think we'll have enough to win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likely outs: JPK, Mills and maybe Hickey (with birth of the twins)
Ins: Warner replaces Mills, Reid replaces Hickey.
If we need a bigger body in the mids - is this a role for Fox?

Likely outs: JPK, Mills and maybe Hickey (with birth of the twins)
Ins: Warner replaces Mills, Reid replaces Hickey.
If we need a bigger body in the mids - is this a role for Fox?

If Hickey didn't play, we'd be done for. He's so important. I'm choosing to believe he will absolutely play for my own sanity.

I think you all are suffering from the colliwobbles! If we have a bad day, then it won't matter who we play, but if we're on, then we're a better team than the Giants.

We have a significant amount of youngsters who have never played finals and I think a lot will depend on their reaction to the pressure.

I too am backing Parker to drag this team along with him, also for Rampe to step up.
Buddy absolutely loves playing finals and he'll sweep the forwards along with him.

The coaching staff have shown all year how absolutely sensational they are, and I'm backing them in again!

Swans by 4 goals plus...

GO BLOODS!!!

indeed! ... every game now is a 'danger' game and no one expected us to be here, but it's surely as much a case now of no team wants to play us, let alone who we might be worried about ...
as the swans have shown all season, our best is good enough to beat anyone ... we stunned the near premiership favourite lions in round one, we were the first to really open up the defending premiers and expose them in round three (the start of the end for richmond), we gobsmacked geelong, we gave melbourne their hardest fight of the season (to that point) and later on we overran the dogs and sent their season into a spin ... and we're a better team now than then
the squad has been hardened by playing on the road for two months ... there is no team, no venue we need be intimidated by
we're entitled to enjoy this week, there were no expectations on us at the start of the season so everything now is a huge bonus, and whatever unfolds in the next four weeks, the future is very exciting
consistently across the season we have played the most entertaining, the highest-quality football, at our best we will match any team
let them fear us

As a Sydneysider I couldn’t have asked for a better finals matchup, such a shame this game can’t be at the SCG, wish you all the best on behalf of my 8 year old who loves the swannies.

:shavedice: for your 8 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back