Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Mills or JPK

IN: Warner, Bell

OUT: Kennedy Campbell, Mills, Fox (medi-sub)

Sydney Swans vs GWS GIANTS - Elimination Final

BacksHarry CunninghamLewis MelicanDane Rampe
Half BacksJake LloydTom McCartinJustin McInerney
CentrelineJordan DawsonGeorge HewettIsaac Heeney
Half ForwardsWill HaywardHayden McLeanErrol Gulden
ForwardsTom PapleyLance FranklinSam Wicks
FollowersTom HickeyLuke ParkerJames Rowbottom
InterchangeColin O'RiordanChad WarnerJames Bell
Oliver Florent
EmergenciesCallum SinclairRobbie FoxSam Reid
Braeden Campbell

No Mills or JPK

IN: Warner, Bell

OUT: Kennedy, Mills, Fox (medi-sub)

Sydney Swans vs GWS GIANTS - Elimination Final

BacksHarry CunninghamLewis MelicanDane Rampe
Half BacksJake LloydTom McCartinJustin McInerney
CentrelineJordan DawsonGeorge HewettIsaac Heeney
Half ForwardsWill HaywardHayden McLeanErrol Gulden
ForwardsTom PapleyLance FranklinSam Wicks
FollowersTom HickeyLuke ParkerJames Rowbottom
InterchangeColin O'RiordanChad WarnerJames Bell
Oliver Florent
EmergenciesCallum SinclairRobbie FoxSam Reid
Braeden Campbell

Not a great start it's Campbell out not JPK.

And Campbell effectively out for Bell. 😒

Oh boy

Getting nervy

...for Leon Cameron's job!

Well done Chad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna defend Bell's selection on this one. If we got the Campbell who played against North, who was dynamic and involved quite a bit, clearly I'd prefer him to Bell. But if we got the Campbell who played last week and was a bit quieter, and looked more timid, then I'd prefer Bell, who is a bigger, stronger and harder player.

Perhaps they just didn't know which Campbell they'd get, and fair enough.

Look maybe we plan to roll Paps, Gulden through the mids a fair bit because of Mills, JPK out. Then play Bell as a pressure forward. That's about all I can use to justify it.

Personally, I'd have just played Campbell in that role. Or Fox even. Fox surely the sub to cover any possible injuries.

parks-and-rec-chris-pratt.gif

How I felt seeing Warner then Bell.

I'm gonna defend Bell's selection on this one. If we got the Campbell who played against North, who was dynamic and involved quite a bit, clearly I'd prefer him to Bell. But if we got the Campbell who played last week and was a bit quieter, and looked more timid, then I'd prefer Bell, who is a bigger, stronger and harder player.

I am happy with Bell as well, and as the medi sub he potentially is a little more versatile, assuming he is the sub?. Campbell in a cutthroat final for me is a not yet. Would have preferred Fox remain however the die is now cast. Hope the Chad can go bang first run back after a spell. For me, the one we really need to step up and play to his best is Rampe. He can drive the momentum of the team on his day and has been less than his best recently.

Yeah, could see him being targeted by GWS and not responding. Errol and Warner probably will be too but I reckon they can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back