Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans have been told to stay in tassie apparently and booked in to barnbugle for 3 weeks
Great track there, hope they took the clubs.

Yeah McLean is a beast. He won't put up with any Mummy mayhem. He will hit him back.
Mummy's reputation is far outweighing his actual performances right now. Get through the early ambush and its all smooth sailing as he cant go the distance these days.

Mummy's reputation is far outweighing his actual performances right now. Get through the early ambush and its all smooth sailing as he cant go the distance these days.
He was a big factor in them winning vs us earlier in the year. Also had a good run of a few games in the lead up to our Round 18 clash, so I was happy he didn't play. He might be able to drag himself through another big performance. And if we get to a stage where we look like guaranteed winners, I'd be telling players to keep one eye on the ball, one eye on wherever Mummy might be coming from. Hopefully no repeat of an Alistair Lynch esque farewell game.

Either way, sausage sizzles of Australia beware.

Great track there, hope they took the clubs.
Thought about it. Makes sense. No international travelers go to Tassie. No COVID concerns then. Adelaide could get an infection in the next few weeks and complicate GF plans. With the way NSW is accepting the inevitable with their COVID bushfire it could spill over into SA. It is in Broken Hill.
Better to be 100% COVID safe in Tassie. Then WA will let us in to have a crowd at the undersized but beautiful WA stadium with a good crowd.

Thought about it. Makes sense. No international travelers go to Tassie. No COVID concerns then. Adelaide could get an infection in the next few weeks and complicate GF plans. With the way NSW is accepting the inevitable with their COVID bushfire it could spill over into SA. It is in Broken Hill.
Better to be 100% COVID safe in Tassie. Then WA will let us in to have a crowd at the undersized but beautiful WA stadium with a good crowd.
And gives Tassie footy a boost before the AFL lets them down next year on the 19th licence. Or not.:think:

Heaven forbid we get new cases here (SA), but I just had a thought where if everywhere else gets a few cases, or WA slams borders shut, wouldn't it be interesting after the AFL's half-baked report into an AFL team in Tassie, which just kicked the can down the road, that Tassie might be the only place willing and able to hold the GF with some sort of crowd. Hope not, but would love to be in that meeting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look it looks ugly on paper especially with Mills, JPK and Blakey missing while they are at full strength.

You look at the midfield comparison and like you wonder how we can even break even.

Monumental effort to get over the line here.

Pretty cruel to lose your 2 best mids a week before the finals with this year NO BYE.

Look it looks ugly on paper especially with Mills, JPK and Blakey missing while they are at full strength.

You look at the midfield comparison and like you wonder how we can even break even.

Monumental effort to get over the line here.
I either see a 40 point smashing or a 4 point tight tussle to be spanked by Geelong next week

I either see a 40 point smashing or a 4 point tight tussle to be spanked by Geelong next week

If we beat Giants and Cats lose I think we'd see them off.

Winning the contested possession count.

Longmire’s men boast a 9-1 record when they win this area, but slip to 6-6 when they don’t ... There’s no greater evidence than the last clash with the Giants.
The Swans were 35 points down in the second term that night, on the back of being minus-24 in contested possessions in the first half.

They won contested ball by 22 in the final two quarters and ended up storming past GWS by 26 points. That’s not a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back