Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is set up for a heeney special imo,

Has the skills and is in the right phase of his career to take a big finals leap and really elevate his career

I trust the coaches, but I think some on here go over the top sometimes. Bell is getting a game purely because we have two great players out and the only other option was a very raw kid, but reading some on here you'd think he's irreplaceable.
Like Mills in a grand final. Sometimes you never know. Only hindsight can provide a clue. Maybe.

Swans man-buns: 0
GWS man-buns: at least 3 (more if Phil Davis was playing)

May the best hairstyles win.
There are a few I look at that Swans may draft this year. This is one criteria I use (the first) to rule them out. Man bun = OUT. Its like an X-ray or Cardiogram. Simple way of weeding out the chaff!!

You're being very wise and whimsical today rusty, have you been eating those special brownies again?
Got some good news. My mum has been fighting cancer. Nearly died. Cancer of the Esophagus. Could not eat or drink anything. Chemo and all that. In hospital for 4 months. Lots of complications. She is now cancer free and I am happy today. I am taking it out on everyone.:)

Always nice to reminisce on how "Great" GWS can be. And watching Rampe slam home goals is kinda zen too.

Is that 2013? Weird seeing O'Keefe still playing in that 'era' as I still associate him far more strongly with the 05-07 era than the 12-15 group.

Got some good news. My mum has been fighting cancer. Nearly died. Cancer of the Esophagus. Could not eat or drink anything. Chemo and all that. In hospital for 4 months. Lots of complications. She is now cancer free and I am happy today. I am taking it out on everyone.:)
Fantastic news , one of my best mates is going through the same and it's come back , he's in Hospital and his Dad died last Friday , life is shit at times

Great news rusty!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep 2013. Won the Norm Smith in '12, played right through 2013, and then 4 games and permanently dropped in 2014.

I know he won the Norm in 2012, was there! :) Just in retrospect still looks out of place when those players I associate with such a different era of the club (Rampe, Tippett, McGlynn, etc.)

Oh mate, that is BRILLIANT! I am so happy for you. Even the Swans come 2nd to that :hearteyes:

I know he won the Norm in 2012, was there! :) Just in retrospect still looks out of place when those players I associate with such a different era of the club (Rampe, Tippett, McGlynn, etc.)
Jealous! Yeah, Bolton and to a lesser extent LRT as well, though didn't play in that Giants game (LRT only breaking through just in time for 2005).

Jealous! Yeah, Bolton and to a lesser extent LRT as well (LRT only breaking through just in time for 2005).

Haha geeze yeah just looked up LRT forgot he played until 2014. I just assume that whole group just vanish after about 08/09.

Good news mate. Give her a hug.
My Mum died 3 weeks ago and I couldn't before because of Covid.
And then when I did see her...after...she was lying on the floor where the Ambos left her.
My wife brushed her hair and I wanted to kiss her but she was cold, so cold.
My brothers and I had a beer while we waited for the funeral people to take her away.
Didn't have a funeral. Only 10 people so what was the point?

Cherish her while you can.
Footy is just a game.

And then when I did see her...after...she was lying on the floor where the Ambos left her.
My brothers and I had a beer while we waited for the funeral people to take her away.

Footy is just a game.

💔
virtual hugs

Footy is just a game.
Thanks. I really appreciate that Crust.
I resigned my job 2 months ago just to spend time with her because of COVID. I thought I would not see her before she died.
Lucky she didn't.
I know how you feel.
I am really sorry mate. I mean that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back