Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a elimination final no next week if we lose they both play if not then they both have serious injuries.

Especially with Mills I'd rather not risk it even if we do lose. Achilles injuries shouldn't be messed around with.

I dont think we can risk taking Mills and Kennedy into this game with injury clouds hanging over their heads. Personally, I would take fit young talent over half fit veterans - even if we are talking about 2 of our best 3 mids. Warner for Mills and give Kennedy another week. I'd love to get Bell into the team somehow but there isn't room. Big games needed from everyone, but especially on the ball - Hewitt, Rowbottom, Florent. Cameos from Papley and Heeney in the middle.
Whatever happens, its been a great season from our boys and should be a cracking game.
Reminds me of the 2016 GF when we played Mills and McVeigh when they were severely underdone. With the medical sub this time around I'm happy to risk playing one of them but would probably lean towards Mills rather than Kennedy. Mills was still able to play a good half of footy while his ankle was warm last week so I'm inclined to keep playing him. Considering Kennedy's age it seems like a no brainer to rest him another week in case we play Port/Geelong.

If we play Mills and have to sub him out again, the AFL should be allowed to block us from naming him next week. I don't know if that mechanism is there/tested, but it's not what the sub is there for. It's for unexpected injuries so you're not left short on the bench.

If we think there's a decent chance that Mills won't last a full game, don't play him. If he goes down and we get some other injury, it'll be complete mismanagement.

If we play Mills and have to sub him out again, the AFL should be allowed to block us from naming him next week. I don't know if that mechanism is there/tested, but it's not what the sub is there for. It's for unexpected injuries so you're not left short on the bench.

If we think there's a decent chance that Mills won't last a full game, don't play him. If he goes down and we get some other injury, it'll be complete mismanagement.

Don’t think you can change the sub rule this late in the year

I mean what if mills gets a slightly
Different injury

I get where you are coming from

2 weeks is insufficient for a hamstring, so no JPK.

Reckon they will name Mills and see how he goes in the warm up. They will probably have The Chad also warming up.

If no good, The Chad starts with Foxy as medical sub.

If ok he plays but they will not let him cool down. On the bike, jogging and stretching on the boundary line, doing laps of the huddle at 1/4 and 3/4 time.

2 weeks is insufficient for a hamstring, so no JPK.

Reckon they will name Mills and see how he goes in the warm up. They will probably have The Chad also warming up.

If no good, The Chad starts with Foxy as medical sub.

If ok he plays but they will not let him cool down. On the bike, jogging and stretching on the boundary line, doing laps of the huddle at 1/4 and 3/4 time.

If JpK is 100% fit though you probably wouldn’t pick him :p

That is true on the flights, but two teams won’t be flying back to Melbourne.

The two winners will go to either Adelaide or split between Adelaide and Brisbane.

As per the word from the AFL no live teams will be based in Melbourne once they move for the games this weekend.

View attachment 1214062,

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckon this puts us in a really good space once we beat the giants. We've spent practically half the season on the road.. we're seasoned travellers taking it one day at a time. One less stress for us!

GO BLOODS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see it now.

JPK's hammy twangs 13 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

James Bell takes off the red vest.

Bigfooty implodes.

I'm just getting over a case of knee tendonitis, it's always there bugging you. And when you think you're over it and try to push it, it's comes back to say hi.

Mate, we all know Warner will be the sub. And Stephens will be in for Mills, which takes away some of the risk.

Other way round please

Stephens won’t get a game and if does he is sub

Makes zero sense to replace an inside in Mills with a relatively outside (right now) in Stephens. In fact makes the whole side out of whack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back