Preview Elimination Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS, 3:20pm, Saturday August 29 @ UTAS, Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different outcome, then...

We shouldn't play Mills unless someone other than him signs off on him being close to 100%. Look what happened when he played in the 2016 GF.

If Hickey attends the birth of his child close to game day we shouldn't play him that week. Your Honour, I give you the precedent of the State v Darren Jolly 2006.

We won’t get an opportunity like this again for a long time - for the next few years we’ll be expected to make finals and we won’t have the underdog tag that we seem to thrive on this year.

If Mills playing or not playing is the difference between winning and losing, at the sacrifice of a long term injury, I reckon we play him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We won’t get an opportunity like this again for a long time - for the next few years we’ll be expected to make finals and we won’t have the underdog tag that we seem to thrive on this year.

If Mills playing or not playing is the difference between winning and losing, at the sacrifice of a long term injury, I reckon we play him.

Odd reaction to my post. We will have plenty of opportunities over the next few years. We certainly do not have the underdog tag against the Giants. We've been one of the best sides in the comp all season, we didn't sneak into Finals like the Bombers did. The "underdog" tag doesn't make us play any better, and risking Mills' long term health for this game is laughable.

Lets just deal with the Hickey births when it happens , at the moment he's playing ffs
Who made you the boss of what can and can't be discussed around here? "FFS"

Aren't you the guy on the media thread constantly asking "I thought I was on the media thread?"

I don't want to jump at a prognosis, but if you find yourself not knowing where you are, then maybe you should...

Odd reaction to my post. We will have plenty of opportunities over the next few years. We certainly do not have the underdog tag against the Giants. We've been one of the best sides in the comp all season, we didn't sneak into Finals like the Bombers did. The "underdog" tag doesn't make us play any better, and risking Mills' long term health for this game is laughable.

I’m not sure tendinopathy is a major risk factor for further injury like a rupture. It’ll just be a question of whether he can handle the pain - it hurts like hell and you can’t jab it.

Aside from the Mills injury and the Hickeys' impending birth, do people think there will be more changes?

FWIW, I thought Foxy did very well in the quarter and a bit he played. If The Chad replaces Mills I imagine Foxy will stay as the sub. Thoughts?

I'm predicting the team will look as follows:

IN - Kennedy
OUT - Campbell

B - Cunningham, Melican, Rampe
HB - Lloyd, McCartin, McInerney
C - Dawson, Hewett, Gulden
HF - Heeney, Franklin, Papley
F - Wicks, McLean, Hayward
Foll - Hickey, Parker, Mills

IC - Kennedy, Rowbottom, Florent, COR/Fox

Medi sub - Warner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most were predicting that we wouldn’t do better than 12th this year - that’s what I mean about an underdog tag.

The only thing GWS has more than us is an inner mongrel, win at all cost mentality - that applies to a lot of our supporters too!

Maybe Melican was brought in a few weeks ago with the focus being on freeing Rampe up to play on Greene in an inevitable Giants match up?

Whoever is on Melican will like the matchup. I’m already nervous

Who made you the boss of what can and can't be discussed around here? "FFS"

Aren't you the guy on the media thread constantly asking "I thought I was on the media thread?"

I don't want to jump at a prognosis, but if you find yourself not knowing where you are, then maybe you should...
What the f is wrong you and many other have posted about the Hickey births , they can come early or late , but at this stage not due to after the GF !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back