Remove this Banner Ad

Sportsmate

Debutant
Mar 7, 2012
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi guys,

We just wanted to stop by to let you know that Sportsmate is developing an EPL Live app to be launched in time for the 2012/13 season. It will definitely be available on iOS and we are still determining the feasibility for Android, although we sincerely hope to deliver it on both platforms.

The last thing we want to do is act like a corporate shill. We simply hope to provide you with informative updates as the app is developed, seek your ideas and provide answers to any queries you have, much like we have done in our Aussie Rules Live app thread on the Fourth Estate Forum. Think of this thread as one-on-one customer service :)

If you're not familiar with us, Sportsmate began creating live sports products in 2009 and now has more than 1.5 million users across our (free) AFL, NRL, Super Rugby and A-League apps - as well as 18 club-specific AFL 'Pulse' apps. You can read more on our website if you wish. We're also on Facebook and Twitter (plus @SportsmateEPL)

While we can't promise anything, we're absolutely open to your suggestions, ideas and concepts as we set about creating the app in the coming months.

Anyway, here's a peek at what the team lineup view may look like! We look forward to chatting with you all.

Ztxc8.jpg

NB: please note the inconsistency in the example screen grab where there is one mention of MANU and another of MNU. The final version will obviously be consistent throughout and we can make the acronyms whatever we like.

Just put scum on both, that should avoid any confusion. ;)

EPL apps I have: Sky Sports Football Score Centre, ESPN Soccernet, iFooty, Yahoo Sport Premier League, LiveScore.com.

@SportsMate Make sure you implement a live table by the latter part of the season as the relegation battle hots up. And could you call it a Table rather than a Ladder?

@SportsMate Make sure you implement a live table by the latter part of the season as the relegation battle hots up. And could you call it a Table rather than a Ladder?

We're in the process of implementing live ladders for our existing apps, so I don't imagine the framework will be too difficult to replicate once it's been included. And yes - we'll make sure the sporting vernacular is spot on!

One of the reasons we like to engage with forums and social media is to talk to those people who will ultimately be getting the most use out of our products. While we're not promising that we can introduce every bell and whistle you throw at us, we like bouncing ideas around to create an app that will be useful, fast and reliable for all. We'll keep you posted as we develop!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I use fotmob for Android it's pretty cool, I also use Sportsmates AFL app and must say it's way better than anything else on the market.

Can't wait to see your new Android App, would be cool if you could implement other leagues as well.

Given the collective failure by @Sportsmate and Apple to get various apps released in time this year (including an app for tonight's NRL State of Origin), should we expect the EPL app to be released a few weeks late, say some time in September this year?

Given the collective failure by @Sportsmate and Apple to get various apps released in time this year (including an app for tonight's NRL State of Origin), should we expect the EPL app to be released a few weeks late, say some time in September this year?

As explained on our Facebook page, we're as disappointed as Origin fans that the app is not live tonight. We hope fans can appreciate that we are a team of nine people creating 22 (free, sporting apps with more on the way) for over 1.5 million unique users.

The EPL app is already in development and will be released in time for the start of the season.

Not sure if serious or just trolling...?

So you're complaining about a free app being done by a local company of no more than a handful of people? If it's such a pain, move with your feet and go BUY something. Otherwise, respect the work of locals and roll with it.

Im assuming you rate their stuff otherwise you wouldn't have such an emotional investment in it...

I don't troll mate. Sure, Sportsmate apps are released free with ads. Although I told them I thought it was excessive, I paid $5.49 for their AFL app to support the developers moreso than to remove the ads, which in all honesty, are not that intrusive. Personally the cost doesn't bother me, I was well versed with paying $5, $10, $20 and more per app when I was a Palm fanboy 10+ years ago. Does paying for an app give me more of a right to comment about an app? Does releasing a free app allow the developer the freedom to miss deadlines? I spoke with Sportsmate's MD last year at an iOS conference and will probably catch up with the guys again this weekend.

PS: 22 apps is a tad misleading given that 18 are AFL Pulse apps. That's not to say that you guys are not awfully busy as I'm sure you are, but you had a template and copied it 18 times.

Hi guys. Long time, no speak!

We're busily working away on the EPL app in the midst of our usual AFL/NRL/S15 responsibilities. The biggest task has been inputting individual data for 600+ players! While we were able to get the bulk of it from our supplier, there is still a lot to do at this end. Still - we're forging ahead for an early August release and the graphics/UI are looking very slick indeed. We hope to have some updated screens to show you on Friday.

Here it is folks! Your first glimpse at Premier League Live - coming to the App Store and Google Play in early August. We'll have more screens tomorrow revealing some of the app's awesome features.

Vl0Ld.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

EPL Live app by Sportsmate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back