EPL Matchday 38 (May 12)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was either them or Chelsea, and both will go close, one of them were expected to win it. I thought Mourinho would pull Chelsea over the line, alas.

I don't know such a generalizing statement like "anyone blah blah blah" really helps your case, if the most expensively assembled squad in the league isn't reasonably expected to win some domestic trophies then I don't know what to expect anymore

Right, so you didn't expect that we would win the title as you thought Mourinho would pull Chelsea over the line. Yet you don't think its not unrealistic to expect us to win the league and a cup as well.
Solid logic there.

Last edited:

Anyone that "expects" a club to win the title and win a cup is unrealistic. Having a quick look, it seems a fair few that didn't even expect us to win the title. Including ADL, WC from the first couple of pages. Not sure if you put a prediction in.

Nearly everyone was saying that the title winner would either be City or Chelsea. I don't think it is unreasonable to say that anything other than winning a title would be a failure for City/Pellegrini.

I've got a feeling we might have a chance today. Would be perfect revenge for the 4-3's, particularly if City lose.

Right, so you didn't expect that we would win the title as you thought Mourinho would pull Chelsea over the line. Yet you don't think its not unrealistic to expect us to win the league and a cup as well.
Solid logic there.

I expected one of you to win it (and both to go close), Mourinho ended up underachieving, so then City should be the clear frontrunners to win it

I definitely tipped City to win one of the domestic cups, but that's so unrealistic

The playing squad that gets most heavily invested in should be winning more stuff, that's solid logic. It's like the block, if someone has a budget of 300k to build a room and another has 5000, you'd expect the 300k one to build something better. Anyone who tries to spin and play that down is the one who isn't really adhering to logic

I've never seen a supporter of a "big" club play down expectations of his own team as much as moomba. Anything won should just be seen as a bonus. I get that supporters don't want to come off as appearing arrogant but this is ridiculous.

No expectations to get out of the Champions League group, no expectations to win a cup, no expectations to win the league. You want the money, but no expectation. You could finish 5th and probably explain it away as "at least we didn't get relegated".

If logic means that you have an expectation to win a league and cup double, as opposed to thinking we have a chance at winning things, or hoping we win things then I hope I never get logical.

If logic is tipping Chelsea for the league, and then saying that it's not unrealistic to expect City to win a league and cup double then I'm happy to be illogical.

I've never seen a supporter of a "big" club play down expectations of his own team as much as moomba. Anything won should just be seen as a bonus. I get that supporters don't want to come off as appearing arrogant but this is ridiculous.

No expectations to get out of the Champions League group, no expectations to win a cup, no expectations to win the league. You want the money, but no expectation. You could finish 5th and probably explain it away as "at least we didn't get relegated".

I certainly see anything won as a bonus. Not that long ago my dream for City was to see us play a game at Wembley before I die.

And FWIW I thought getting out of the Champions League groups was a minimum expectation for this season. I hoped we would win the league, and maybe even a cup run. But I didn't expect anything, and I hope I never become that sort of supporter.

Nearly everyone was saying that the title winner would either be City or Chelsea. I don't think it is unreasonable to say that anything other than winning a title would be a failure for City/Pellegrini.

You tipped Chelsea to win the league, Spurs (I think) to win the league cup and Arsenal to win the FA Cup.

If logic means that you have an expectation to win a league and cup double, as opposed to thinking we have a chance at winning things, or hoping we win things then I hope I never get logical.

If logic is tipping Chelsea for the league, and then saying that it's not unrealistic to expect City to win a league and cup double then I'm happy to be illogical.

But you are rarely logical, so it's not hope anymore, it's reality

If you spend more than anyone else to assemble your playing roster then you have a far bigger chance than anyone else to win those things. And if people decide to expect the one with the biggest chance to win it to win those things, then it's just common sense, basic maths, normal logic

I tipped one of you for the league and both to go close, and thought Mourinho would pull Chelsea over the line, but the man ended up being vastly different to what he used to be, so the one I expected to go close suddenly wins it, how is that out of the realms of logic?

You are pretty happy to be illogical, that's why you are sprouting SM level delusions atm

And FWIW I thought getting out of the Champions League groups was a minimum expectation for this season. I hoped we would win the league, and maybe even a cup run. But I didn't expect anything, and I hope I never become that sort of supporter.

You do not represent the rest of the population

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. I'm illogical for not expecting us to win a league and couple double. If you say so.

Are you seriously citing your bias partial opinion as a barometer for everyone else?

You're the one who said "anyone who expected a team to win a cup double are unrealistic", turns out you're wrong on the anyone part, so now you've narrowed it down to yourself. Bit of backpedaling going on

Because City fans have become this

ngbbs40828c053d76d.jpg

You do not represent the rest of the population

Are you pissed?

I was replying to someone that made a comment about my expectations. Never claimed to represent anyone else.

Are you pissed?

I was replying to someone that made a comment about my expectations. Never claimed to represent anyone else.

Um

Anyone that "expects" a club to win the title and win a cup is unrealistic.

I am quite sober, how many bottles of vodka did you down today?

Are you seriously citing your bias partial opinion as a barometer for everyone else?

You're the one who said "anyone who expected a team to win a cup double are unrealistic", turns out you're wrong on the anyone part, so now you've narrowed it down to yourself. Bit of backpedaling going on

I don't know what the **** you are on about now.

Absolutely, anyone that goes into the season expecting to win multiple trophies is unrealistic.

You certainly didnt expect us to win multiple trophies which makes your comments even more hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

EPL Matchday 38 (May 12)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back