No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauty mate.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

This is absolutely incomprehensible given their current state

What about the Worsfold succession plan he instigated, has worked?

Imagine this place if we extended Cain Liddle's contract last year! It's akin to that.

This man refuses to get an independent auditor in to review his club. They need it as we needed it. This is just insanity. Who is on their club board and what the duck are they doing?
That's the thing: they have to be absurdly careful as long as quite anyone from the supplements period remains at the club in any position within the football department or club hierarchy. They have to keep anyone who knows anything completely on side to keep them from blabbing, NDA's be damned.

Imagine wanting to cut someone, renegotiate someone's contract, only to have their manager say, "Um, I don't think we'll be doing that. You know how Dyson talks, right? It wouldn't even be obvious that the leak came from my client, which of course it wouldn't and my client would NEVER violate a legal agreement, don't be absurd." Imagine there being members of the hierarchy who have protected themselves by building their own dossiers on what went on, timelines, dates, names; "I'm not going down if I can take you with me!"

It's completely unworkable until they're through it; essentially, Andrew McGrath represents the 'line' as far as players go. Players obtained this side of his career are 'safe' as far as the club's concerned; players picked up before him are suspect, because they might know something second hand, before the clamps properly went down.

What's accountability when you're all watching the other guy with a bomb strapped to your chest?

I was watching On The Couch with Dyson. They made some excuse about injuries to the bombers* and how they were 2nd behind the eagles. Were they referring to the amount of players on their injury list as, I was under the impression we were behind the eagles in using the 2nd most players this year. I know that doesn't equate to most injuries at the moment but I was unsure what context they were referring to on the show for injuries...

I was watching On The Couch with Dyson. They made some excuse about injuries to the bombers* and how they were 2nd behind the eagles. Were they referring to the amount of players on their injury list as, I was under the impression we were behind the eagles in using the 2nd most players this year. I know that doesn't equate to most injuries at the moment but I was unsure what context they were referring to on the show for injuries...

Nah no way they're second worst...

That's between us and the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who can see Hird becoming * coach in 23 with Solomon and McVeigh his deputies. Shame they won't have the GWS talent.....but if they're smart might be able to nab Coniglio.

They (the AFL) will play the long game with Hird.

Stepping into coaching mid-season due to an unforeseen senior coach retirement. Extenuating circumstances, they couldn't go picking up someone from another club, yada, yada.

That will quietly roll into an assistant coaching gig next year.

Then the way is paved for a return to senior coaching in 2024 when Essendon conduct a review, sack Rutten and launch a campaign to reconnect with their "glory days".

That's the thing: they have to be absurdly careful as long as quite anyone from the supplements period remains at the club in any position within the football department or club hierarchy. They have to keep anyone who knows anything completely on side to keep them from blabbing, NDA's be damned.

Imagine wanting to cut someone, renegotiate someone's contract, only to have their manager say, "Um, I don't think we'll be doing that. You know how Dyson talks, right? It wouldn't even be obvious that the leak came from my client, which of course it wouldn't and my client would NEVER violate a legal agreement, don't be absurd." Imagine there being members of the hierarchy who have protected themselves by building their own dossiers on what went on, timelines, dates, names; "I'm not going down if I can take you with me!"

It's completely unworkable until they're through it; essentially, Andrew McGrath represents the 'line' as far as players go. Players obtained this side of his career are 'safe' as far as the club's concerned; players picked up before him are suspect, because they might know something second hand, before the clamps properly went down.

What's accountability when you're all watching the other guy with a bomb strapped to your chest?
You've just described Dodoro.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure ROCO (gotta love someone who makes up their own nickname) is going to be invited back to the club to work on the newsletter any time soon. Not a happy * supporter.
I think losing his job (taking redundancy), COVID and 6000+ days for * have really taken the toll on his mental faculties. Other than his love for * he used to go all right as a journo, now he's twisted and evil, and a rambling mess.

I think losing his job (taking redundancy), COVID and 6000+ days for * have really taken the toll on his mental faculties. Other than his love for * he used to go all right as a journo, now he's twisted and evil, and a rambling mess.
I think he has always been a rambling mess but was able to rearrange it into some semblance of coherent thought in print much the same way Robo does.

he was as good a long form sports journalist as was going around - some of his pieces on the history between clubs (particularly carlton/*) were extraordinary - I feel he has gone rogue nowadays because he no longer has overlords at establishments to keep him on the mainstream publishing line.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back