No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Hird has done his Level 4 coaching accreditation.

You know, the rule they implemented for new coaches, to be ready to coach....

After Hird ****ed the comp for 3 years

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Hird has done his Level 4 coaching accreditation.

You know, the rule they implemented for new coaches, to be ready to coach....

After Hird farrrked the comp for 3 years

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

He did his $1,000,000 all expenses paid MBA extravaganza in France - whilst serving his AFL “penalty” - the AFL maky uppy will give him a course credit for that

:rolleyes:

Never seen a club so beholden to one guy.

Hasn’t coach since he left, only done a 12 week stint at GWS.

Almost destroyed the club, years worth of investigations and lawsuits coming from past players.

I know a lot of his interest is going to be a media storm, the Bombers are probably going to hire Pyke once the Swans finish their finals campaign, but I’d love to see him reinstated.

Seems like the perfect time to bring out my favorite gif...

Popcorn GIF by WWE

I ******* called this. Oh how I wish it to happen.
That gif is... mesmerising.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hasn’t coach since he left, only done a 12 week stint at GWS.

I said it at the time he was 'appointed' by the Giants McVeigh and I'll say it again now:

That 12 week stint is pivotal as it will be the counter argument provided by Essendon to any queries that come their way about his lack of experience outside of Bomber land.

Of course, everyone can see through it, but Essendon will do as Essendon does and they'll put their fingers in their ear and ignore it.

They can Not be serious…
If he comes back, to coach *, it just verifies how seriously flowered this club is, and how low the AFL as an organization, has become.
I think * must be going through the motions and giving Hird an interview out of respect for his past achievements as a player and to appease Sheedy. Surely even they aren’t that stupid & arrogant as to seriously consider his application?

That club is still divided over his role the whole doping saga, appointing him would just about be the worst possible thing * could do.

Like I posted a few posts back, I would have thought they’d try and get McVeigh in the role and have Hird as an assistant pulling strings from behind the scenes if they really wanted him that bad.

Basket case of a club.

It’s amazing how many * supporters on social media want James Hird back.

And it isn’t even about the drug program, either. Was he ever a good head coach? You’d think they would be looking at someone better and with more current experience than something who last coached senior football 7 years ago. 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable. I am speechless. They are totally delusional, out of their minds. Closest thing to an actual cult I've seen in sport.
You know, I feel like people are only now starting to see what I have been saying about this club for many many years now- they are a delusional rabble and have cult-like tendencies. It is glorious to see a club fall like this and I have zero sympathy at all for not only the club but their supporters as well (and I know many good druggie supporters).

As a Carlton supporter you'd hope they give Hird (and Dodo) ten year contracts.

If they bring back Hird, you can be sure on one thing. * are run by the biggest morons in football.

So yeah, 10 year contracts for Hird and Dodo wouldn’t be surprising.

How is this being allowed to happen?

There are fresh draftees to enter that club this year. How can they and their parents trust that Essendon won't do precisely the same thing again?

How can Essendon people - whoever they are - countenance bringing him back, demonstrating that they've learnt nothing?

How can the AFL stand by and allow things to even get this far?

What coaching has Hird done since 2015? What has he done with his time to lead anyone to believe he's shown some form of penitence or contrition, that they're never a bad loss to Carlton away from doing it again? What makes them think that he'll even be any good at the gig?

This whole sequence of events is truly mindblowing.

It’s not only new recruits. All those currently at the club should be having words with their management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are literally one more bad decision from descending into 'Aints territory, the club where has-beens go to extend their super, who dwell around the bottom rungs for infinity, who can't win a final when they resurrect themselves, a joke. The Tassie team will be winning finals before this lot...

The clunky, insincere and cringeworthy plan to reinstall hird reeks of hypocritical polticking driven by overblown egos attempting to rewrite their own sordid mistakes. The club itself Is being used as a plaything to achieve “success” ,again, at any cost.
I am unable to understand how the individuals involved can ignore the moral corruption plainly and unequivocally apparent to us all.
Needless to say, my concern is for those unable to discern the deceit they are about to be cloaked in.
The inevitability of further damage and hurt will haunt this organisation, again, for decades to come.
I would post this as a warning on the * board but I’m afraid it would be labelled as trolling rather than genuine concern.

I've met him, could not agree more with the poster you are replying to.
I hate repeating posts, but the name Shane Stempel comes to mind.

So the Shane Stempel who was notorious for being lazy and not having a dip. Walls singles him out at training and pushes him to his limits to try and flick the switch with a full on boxing session.

Wouldn't get away with it today, but there would be a few current players who could do with similar training. As a long term country footballer I could list 20 sessions that were far worse that I had to go through over the years.

I can tell you that Robert Walls is held in the highest regard at the Carlton, Fitzroy and Brisbane Football clubs. His efforts in getting Brisbane into their first finals in 95 and pushing our juggernaut team harder than anyone in the finals was very impressive.

Using the Shane Stempel argument doesn't help your argument it just proves that he was a tough bustard who did whatever was required.

To top it all off he has had a full on hatred of Kevin Sheedy for 50 years and got talked into coaching Richmond when he didn't want to and made a mess of them.

I’m not 100% sure what kind of person Walls is but I am 100% sure I wouldn’t engage him to make any decisions on behalf of my footy club.
They’ve just dragged him in because of his name and he’s not seen as one of the clique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back