AFL Autopsy Essendon v Melbourne, Melbourne by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

The structure is wrong - Thing we have sacrifice T-Bell as he doesn't offer enough as a forward and unfortunately impacts on Ryder's form - Most disappointing loss for a couple of years - 9 more shots at goal, 33 more inside 50's, 32 more inside 50's, 8 more tackles, 10 more clearences and gave up a 33 point lead.

Ouch !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Mark Thompson is doing good work off-field, but something is seriously wrong on-field. On-field structures are so much worse than last year. The Essendon of old, as mediocre as it was, would have surely put Melbourne away dominating and up 33 points. We just can't go and kick 5-6 quick goals like we once could.

I know the players are the one's suffering here, but rightly or wrongly, as a supporter, I feel a strong sense of entitlement that we shouldn't have to go through these performances again.

I know I earlier said we should fight the charges, after todays effort..... take the 6 months. If this is tied up in the courts for years, these players wont be able to do it.

I'm sure Mark Thompson is doing good work off-field, but something is seriously wrong on-field. On-field structures are so much worse than last year. The Essendon of old, as mediocre as it was, would have surely put Melbourne away dominating and up 33 points.

I know the players are the one's suffering here, but rightly or wrongly, as a supporter, I feel a strong sense of entitlement that we shouldn't have to go through these performances again.

that's because despite playing like shit, we dominated in all key statistical areas and had we not missed 7-8 sitters we would have romped home.

I hope outsiders are beginning to understand why we're backing Hird, he did a better job than Bomber has done bar about 3 weeks

How many times did we bomb it long to an outnumbered contest only for them to rebound with ease EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop Melksham, at least Jetta can kick.

Paul Roos is the reason football is played with numerous packs around the ball and it gives me s**ts that he gets so much praise for it while Lyon is lambasted for it.

That last goal to them was so utterly pathetic that they got to run inside 50 so easily it was Hawthorn all over again.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Essendon v Melbourne, Melbourne by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back