AFL Autopsy Essendon v Melbourne, Melbourne by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we will have to listen to another BS presser by Bomber.. training loads blah blah.. tough week blah blah.. we are still confident blah blah..

We need Hurley at CHF NOW, Melksham to the VFL, Dempsey to follow him.. TBell gets one more chance and then he is out too..

Stanton had a howler.. but gets a month to turn it around due to credits in the bank..

NOTE TO BOMBER THOMPSON:
Training for this week:
Goal Kicking
Goal Kicking
Inside F50 passes to SHORT targets
Goal Kicking
Icing the last 2 minutes of a game
Goal Kicking
Goal Kicking

Players in the defensive 50 need to go THE ****ING BALLL

dempsey if you go for the man make your at least strong enough position to touch the ball. DONT ****ING JUST JUMP AND MISS EVERYTHING!

Yeah well he kicked 25 goals in his 200-game career.
Doesn't matter where you play in your career. It's irrelevant. Coaching is entirely different.

It's his seeming lack of competent strategies, or lack of ability to get the message and plans across to the players, that make me want his head.

The poor nature of this defeat only tempered by the pathetic loss to St Kilda - Hasn't their subsequent form been enlightening ?.
Big shout out to Michael Hurley who's two pathetic and laughable attempts at the contest in the last quarter directly led to Demon goals.. the most over rated player in the comp....

Swear that guy on Bomberblitz who gives training reports said that on Thursday they didn't do goal kicking because they were afraid of injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all his years in the AFL he should hang his head in shame

That isn't the point. He has all the tools but he is a worse set shot than Cloke. 30 out right in front as a key forward you should be more than a 50/50 shot!

Tyrion+Shocked+Face.jpg

Players in the defensive 50 need to go THE ******* BALLL

dempsey if you go for the man make your at least strong enough position to touch the ball. DONT ******* JUST JUMP AND MISS EVERYTHING!

Maybe some composure from Baugley when he is disposing of the ball would be a great help.

that's because despite playing like shit, we dominated in all key statistical areas and had we not missed 7-8 sitters we would have romped home.

I hope outsiders are beginning to understand why we're backing Hird, he did a better job than Bomber has done bar about 3 weeks
Pretty much. My optimism about Bomber was probably wrong, at least tactically. Without seeking to turn this into Hird-Bomber - I probably now have - but our forward line has actually got worse from last year. It's somehow got worse. We looked a top 4 team last year; we really haven't this year. Structural inefficiencies could be talked about forever. Does it seem to be improving? No, not really. Huge let down.

I'll repeat.. James Hird is a better coach than Bomber Thompson..

Our structures have gone backwards, our game plan is shite, don't blame the ASADA crap.. you don't lose because of poor goal kicking and a defence brain fade in the last minutes because of ASADA.. for the THIRD FRIGGEN TIME!!

We all love ya, but not the time and the place to bring up that old chestnut..

Doesn't matter where you play in your career. It's irrelevant. Coaching is entirely different.

It's his seeming lack of competent strategies, or lack of ability to get the message and plans across to the players, that make me want his head.

Well he was an excellent senior coach back at Norwood.

Every time this happens, the nuclear option of shopping off Belcho and Dempsey for whatever we can get and building for the post- (at least, post-peak) Goddard/Jobe etc gets more tempting. Not saying we should do it, but it's bad enough to let thoughts creep in.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Essendon v Melbourne, Melbourne by 1 point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back