Game Day Essendon v Melbourne, Thank God It’s Over. (Saturday 19/9 @ 2.10PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scared to bump in case he gets suspended again?
Not just that. Lazy defense. Just jogging around.
Things are going badly when even Snelling seems to be going through the motions.

Watching this game has finally radicalized me. I'm now in the "Give Truck the ass before he begins" camp. Hand the role to Dean Solomon with a gift-wrapped red-pen, and his first job is to draw a line through any one on the list he doesn't trust to give 100% each week. Suspect he'll spill a lot of red ink, and with good reason. Give him final say on drafting and trading. Work back to a brand of being a team you don't want to be running out to play.
What makes Solly so special as a coach ?

In all honesty why are the players putting in efforts like this and jeopardising their own ability to get good future contracts? Is it extreme hatred of the club or the coach? Or both?

Gleeson and Redman are both trash and I can't believe they still have defenders on here.

God help us next year. An undersized BZT and a near-on cooked Hurley as key backs. When Joe leaves we have ???? as a key forward. Our midfield is small and can't defend. We are a deadset lock for bottom 6 in 2021 and probably 2022 and 2023 and that's all we deserve. We are garbage.

Essendon man. I mean, he's good if you ignore he was in charge of the worst area of the ground at the worst performed team of the past decade though!

Gleeson and Redman are both trash and I can't believe they still have defenders on here.

God help us next year. An undersized BZT and a near-on cooked Hurley as key backs. When Joe leaves we have ???? as a key forward. Our midfield is small and can't defend. We are a deadset lock for bottom 6 in 2021.

The silver lining. We will be forced to rebuild.

I don’t see any direction we are going. No heart, no soul. At least with the saga we had hope. There’s no hope now.

The club won’t be honest with us. False promises and money grabbing for years now.

The club needs change
Dodoro out and anyone who’s been stinking up the joint for years on end. Rebuild the club and grab some kids and try build a Brand where we the supporters know we are going. It’s not hard, we don’t ask for much.
Anything that has any connectivity with the Sheedy era or the Saga need to be flushed out now. Club needs to rebrand itself

God help us next year. An undersized BZT and a near-on cooked Hurley as key backs. When Joe leaves we have ???? as a key forward. Our midfield is small and can't defend. We are a deadset lock for bottom 6 in 2021.

I hope so. Only chance we have is to bottom out properly and stop this "Essendon don't do rebuilds" bullshit attitude. They need to stop looking for shortcuts and build the team properly and patiently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon man. I mean, he's good if you ignore he was in charge of the worst area of the ground at the worst performed team of the past decade though!

Naturally. Would fit right in.

Nothing of substance to be honest, beyond the scuttlebutt that he was highly-regarded by the group up at GC, but I'm more interested in the fact he was a bloke who played hard, bled for the jumper, and might just demand the same standards from his players. That'd be a good start.

Watching this game has finally radicalized me. I'm now in the "Give Truck the ass before he begins" camp. Hand the role to Dean Solomon with a gift-wrapped red-pen, and his first job is to draw a line through any one on the list he doesn't trust to give 100% each week. Suspect he'll spill a lot of red ink, and with good reason. Give him final say on drafting and trading. Work back to a brand of being a team you don't want to be running out to play.
Not Solomon. Maybe Lyon as an old hard arse or Mitchell as young and successful

God help us next year. An undersized BZT and a near-on cooked Hurley as key backs. When Joe leaves we have ???? as a key forward. Our midfield is small and can't defend. We are a deadset lock for bottom 6 in 2021 and that's all we deserve. We are garbage.

Redman and Gleeson have fallen off a cliff. They were never going to be stars, but their drop off in every facet of the game is alarming

Nothing of substance to be honest, beyond the scuttlebutt that he was highly-regarded by the group up at GC, but I'm more interested in the fact he was a bloke who played hard, bled for the jumper, and might just demand the same standards from his players. That'd be a good start.

John Worsfold. Played hard. Bleeding for the jumper does not make a good coach. Solly has had an average record as a coach.

Why do we keep going down the rabbit hole of cherry picking an essendon person for a senior club role lmao

Have we not learned to ask more questions in interviews than DO YA TUG THE ****ING SASH MATE?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back