Preview Essendon vs Hawthorn, Docklands, 26/07/13

Essendon vs Hawthorn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare they leave Jetta in? On the other hand, Hooray, Crameri is gone! Don't come back until you are in good form! And Derpmaster is back! This calls for celebration!

Essendon will get ****ed by the umpires...the last thing the AFL wants is Essendon tied for top spot.

I love the changes though. There was no point playing Crameri underdone when Daniher and Gumby are playing well in the 2's. Pears showed some good form leading up to his rest, so this is a perfect chance for Pears to prove he can take over from Fletch when he is finished. He will go straight to Gunston I assume.

Jetta is lucky to get a second go this week but I feel Hird just wanted a stronger body then Merrett. I hope he can deliver as well as Colyer and Del because it means we are in the game with a chance to win it. Danihers reach will be an issue for Gibson and Lake so their will be chances at ground level for those small forwards to score.

- We will flog em.
- We will then take over the top of the ladder.
- The footy world will explode
- Jetta will dominate, and his detractors will roll up in a ball and cry
- Essendon fans to spam the BF boards with the Hird gif

My predictions come 10:30 tomorrow night

if this happens don't think it will change many opinions. He will need to do more than dominate 1 game of footy for that to happen.

Huge inclusions and really happy with how the team looks right now despite a few key losses.

Daniher and Bellchambers up forward are huge targets, throw in a freed up Hurley and it looks powerful.
Simultaneously there's plenty of speed in the side, Colyer, Dell and Jetta in particular.

Really looking forward to this one. Hoping for a great game from the boys.

I'm pretty happy with how we are managing our injuries this year. When players have niggles or minor problems we are being very conservative which is a good policy over a long season. Hawks will go in as strong favourites but I rate us as a decent chance. Need to win it from the midfield though I feel.

I fully approve of Crameri/Fletcher out for Daniher/Pears - equivalent players and quite capable of performing. Where we lack a little is in replacements for Winderlich/Watson but you'll never be able to replace a gun like Watson. I think we've got a good mix of players in our forward line even though I feel like in terms of marking ability we don't have too much from our smalls so we are probably a bit one dimensional.

I wonder what backline matchups they have planned. I guess Carlisle - Franklin, Hooker - Roughead and Pears - Gunston sounds reasonable. I'd play Hibberd on Breust as the mid sized player, then Baguley on Rioli and Dempsey on whoever else is down there, Hill maybe.

Prediction
Gumby to be a late inclusion and replace Daniher
Davey to be a late includion amd replace Dell'Ollio

We will win, hate losing to hore thorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think pears - gunston, hooker - buddy, Carlisle - roughie/resting ruck.

Everyone must remember Hooker is slow as shit.

Pears -> Franklin
Carsile -> Roughhead

I cannot see how Hurley will stay forward. On paper Buddy against Carlisle, Hooker or Pears is a bloodbath.

Hurley on Franklin, Carlisle on Roughead, Hooker on Hale/Bailey, Pears on Gunston you reckon?

Leaves us a little short up front, but it's possible we were trialling it last week because at times we did have those 4 (Fletcher instead of pears) playing in the backline together.

My only concern with that is that no crameri means we're down to Joe and TBC/Ryder and then the smalls, no one inbetween to make Stratton or Gibson accountable in the air.

Hurley on Franklin, Carlisle on Roughead, Hooker on Hale/Bailey, Pears on Gunston you reckon?

Leaves us a little short up front, but it's possible we were trialling it last week because at times we did have those 4 (Fletcher instead of pears) playing in the backline together.

My only concern with that is that no crameri means we're down to Joe and TBC/Ryder and then the smalls, no one inbetween to make Stratton or Gibson accountable in the air.

Cannot see how it works any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back