EURO 2012-Q/F-GERMANY V GREECE (Sat Morn 4.45 AM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

In slightly more related matters than "oh no isn't my Greece opinion dreadful, and aren't you getting awfully annoyed at me", Paddy Power now officially have Germany as favourites to win the tournament.

Despite my earlier post, it's probably justified. Still hasn't been a single side that's really set this tournament alight. An awful lot of forgettable games unfortunately.

I can't believe I'm saying this out loud but Greece to win massive upset...
Germany have become lightweight and great at ball movement but finishing isn't great... Greece 2-1 or 1-0

You've actually got faith for Greece to put the ball in the back of the net more than once? o_O

Brave man

Greece could and should have had multiple goals in all their 3 group matches; disallowed goal against Poland, crap penalty miss against Czechs, and no penalty against Russia/hit the crossbar. And there were plenty other chances in all 3 games, so I don't really see how Greece is being accused of defending for 90 minutes: it's just not true. When the opposition has the ball isn't defending what you do? Half the people saying "parking the bus" probably haven't even watched the full matches but rather the highlights packages.Bottom line is Greece has had plenty of chances at goal (crosses/corners included).

And by the way, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, gave the Greeks a chance to advance in 2004... no-one gave us a chance to beat Czechs... no-one gave us a chance to beat France... Portugal (twice), etc. So definitely good to see nobody giving Greece a chance here, cos when underdogs like this they seem to perform.

That said, I think Germany is too strong and thus will win, but I am not expecting a thumping. Actually am expecting Greece to score (have scored in every game so far), but reckon Germans will win 2-1 or 3-1.

Is anyone who says they're playing a la 2004 even watched more than a game? They're in no way the bus parkers like they were 8 years ago, they're far more fluent and like what was said above could've scored more than once. A lot will depend on which Samaras shows up too.

Boja stereotypes live forever... Greece will always be remembered for 04 and it's defence . England the long ball, Italy catenaccio brazil joga bonito so on and so forth... ;)

You mean brazil as the Fifa and media pets, handed everything on a platter and can do no wrong...
lol but anyway, come on Zee Germans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone who says they're playing a la 2004 even watched more than a game? They're in no way the bus parkers like they were 8 years ago, they're far more fluent and like what was said above could've scored more than once. A lot will depend on which Samaras shows up too.

No, they're likely just watching the highlight packages (not all of you), that's why they only see Greece have 2 or 3 chances including the goals. Truth is they HAVE been more open to attacking this time around.

And I also guess the Czechs "parked the bus" last night. They had 2 shots on goal. They defended with 9 or 10 players for much of the night. Lets see all the haters come out and
give it to them...

The fact is the smaller teams aren't going to beat the bigger teams by attacking; they will cop it hard if they do that, so only option they have is defence and counter-attack. Sorry that Greece doesn't play like Holland, see where that got the Dutch?

The Germans are starting to look amazing again. Reus should start for the rest of the tournament, he offers a lot of pace and Germany look much more dangerous when he's in the team.

Well it was good while it lasted! Always knew the Germans would win but was hoping for a decent showing from the Greeks. Played quite well in the 2nd, but that 13minute period was devastating from Khedira and co. No shame in a 4-2 scoreline when it could have been much worse.

The Germans will likely win the Championship now, am not convinced by the Spanish whatsoever this time around.

So Czech Republic had 2 shots on goal the other day, 0 on target. Greece had 10 on goal, 5 on target against a vastly better side. Proves that Greece have been creating chances, not just today. Problem is when you are up a better opponent and you open up, you are susceptible to goals, and that's what happened once again.

And by the way, the keeping was dreadful from Sifakis.

Remove this Banner Ad

EURO 2012-Q/F-GERMANY V GREECE (Sat Morn 4.45 AM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back