Everything Finals Related

Remove this Banner Ad

Us and Crows would be worthy winners. Feel like flags will lose their worth if we have a decade of sides like Bulldogs and Richmond coming from nowhere to win it. Finals is supposed to be about greatness not miracles, and as much as i hated Hawthorn and Geelong it was pretty epic to see these champion sides do what they did. Even we proved 2012 was no aberration, been back there twice and top 4 every other year since. Just feels like lately teams have gone to the well once and then flopped.. Freo, West Coast, Port (nearly in 2014), Bulldogs..

I'd much rather lose a flag to a great team than a one hit wonder

Yep. Guthrie offered little. Their forward forays might have been better with a mobile forward rather than Smith as a target.

Problem is Menzel is ranked worst forward in the comp when it comes to pressure (not sure how that's measured definitively??)

Makes sense though I barely notice him whenever i watch Geelong.. which isn't much to be fair

Us and Crows would be worthy winners. Feel like flags will lose their worth if we have a decade of sides like Bulldogs and Richmond coming from nowhere to win it. Finals is supposed to be about greatness not miracles, and as much as i hated Hawthorn and Geelong it was pretty epic to see these champion sides do what they did. Even we proved 2012 was no aberration, been back there twice and top 4 every other year since. Just feels like lately teams have gone to the well once and then flopped.. Freo, West Coast, Port (nearly in 2014), Bulldogs..

Exactly. Consistency >>> random patch of form. But the latter is more 'exciting' for the average viewer, generates more $$$ and hence the AFL love it.

Problem is Menzel is ranked worst forward in the comp when it comes to pressure (not sure how that's measured definitively??)

Makes sense though I barely notice him whenever i watch Geelong.. which isn't much to be fair

His 38 goals this year, or whatever it is, might have come in handy, is all.

I think there's something going on with Menzel and the club. Could be on the outer

Shit top 4 let's be honest

No dominant side the hawk era

Anyone can win it even the tigers
GWS out of form. Geelong aren't in the running imho.
Adelaide look pretty good with both Crouch brothers in form. Their midfield is both hard at it and athletic. With no Smith though we should be able to tag Laird to stop their counter.

If Hanners is free to run again and Papley is over the knee...we can win it.

Richmond look good and that would make a very interesting GF if we get there. Can we beat them up physically by superior strength and numbers rotating through the mids again? Cotchin had a great game last night.

Team wise I'd rather have Cunningham in over Towers v Richmond. Little bit nippier, and better/quicker decision making.

It's time for Buddy to go on a rampage. Starting this arvo. Swans by 45

Exactly. Consistency >>> random patch of form. But the latter is more 'exciting' for the average viewer, generates more $$$ and hence the AFL love it.

Yeah very true. Now the idea of fairytale premierships has become a little more realistic for good-but-not-great sides like Richmond and Essendon. Wouldn't surprise me if young and inexperienced sides started playing out of their skins in finals series from now on knowing it can be done. I guess the onus is on the favoured teams to prove their superiority over the rampant sides breathing fire. We failed to do so last year, let's hope we make amends with a similar case in the Bombers!

His 38 goals this year, or whatever it is, might have come in handy, is all.

I think there's something going on with Menzel and the club. Could be on the outer

Like i said he has all these highlights and has kicked an impressive tally this year. But I just do not notice him, including when we play him. He's like Gary Rohan but without any of the pressure Gaz can bring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS out of form. Geelong aren't in the running imho.
Adelaide look pretty good with both Crouch brothers in form. Their midfield is both hard at it and athletic. With no Smith though we should be able to tag Laird to stop their counter.

If Hanners is free to run again and Papley is over the knee...we can win it.

Richmond look good and that would make a very interesting GF if we get there. Can we beat them up physically by superior strength and numbers rotating through the mids again? Cotchin had a great game last night.

Team wise I'd rather have Cunningham in over Towers v Richmond. Little bit nippier, and better/quicker decision making.

It's time for Buddy to go on a rampage. Starting this arvo. Swans by 45

GWS out of form? Curious what they look like when they're in form. Because we've spent the last two years battening down the hatches waiting for this "orange tsunami" that has never really eventuated. They have a really great exciting performance here and there and everyone goes "gee their talent is unlike anything the comp's seen" then continue to serve pretty good, but standard, football. Even we have had games where we've looked like the Jamaican track team and played like the Harlem Globetrotters!

You know what's creeping me out a bit? I'm starting to get the feeling Richmond will become the fairytale team of the AFL like the Bulldogs were last year. They'll be unable to do any wrong and maybe like last year the umpires will help give the fairytale a happy ending. On the flipside crying Richmond fans are almost a priceless as deflated South Australians so let's hope we get the happy ending.

Coming from no where? we finished 3rd..

They play HOME games at the MCG. There would be 30k fans locked out. Too many.
You're missing the point of 'home' game. A home game should be played at your actual home ground, especially when you earned the right to do so! Richmond didn't earn the right and were far better off with that advantage. What, do you think Sydney sat back and took it up the arse when they were made by the AFL to play at that ANZ shithole last year? I can gaurantee they were livid!

Forward pressure vs goal kicking target...hmmm. They looked very lost and dysfunctional last night without him and if he was a campaigner...imagine the 'I told you so's'! He'll be back next week and so he should be.

You're missing the point of 'home' game. A home game should be played at your actual home ground, especially when you earned the right to do so! Richmond didn't earn the right and were far better off with that advantage. What, do you think Sydney sat back and took it up the arse when they were made by the AFL to play at that ANZ shithole last year? I can gaurantee they were livid!

Is it possible to both sit back AND take it that way? :p
Totally agree though, I can't believe the Cats didn't do something about that. The AFL must have a pretty tight legal case on who gets to decide where the game is played despite the standings. The Geelong players can rightly feel betrayed. Hope they continue to feel let down by their club all week tbh. o_O

Is it possible to both sit back AND take it that way? :p
Totally agree though, I can't believe the Cats didn't do something about that. The AFL must have a pretty tight legal case on who gets to decide where the game is played despite the standings. The Geelong players can rightly feel betrayed. Hope they continue to feel let down by their club all week tbh. o_O

Haha...pretty sure it'll be in that great Indian novel...'Kama sutra'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Everything Finals Related

Remove this Banner Ad

Back