List Mgmt. FA & trade wash up, what list spots & draft picks do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like signing a DFA elevating Smith or Cox would have burnt 90 f/s points.

We don't know how the Club Rates the 2 F/S

Yes we Nominated Him but does not mean we defintally take them IF I high Bid Comes

Whats the story with Blair still being un-contracted? Have we offered him one? anyone know?
According to AFL website he is one of many still to be re-signed.
Going by all reports he was made an offer a while back but maybe that is in limbo at the moment as the club decides on list needs.

Whats the story with Blair still being un-contracted? Have we offered him one? anyone know?

His manager Paul Connors was on trade radio a few weeks ago saying he had a 1 year contract on the table and expected him to re-sign and be at Collingwood next year. Connors did indicate that he thought he deserved a 2 year deal so maybe they are still haggling over that. Conners was fairly emphatic he would be a Collingwood player in 2017 though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon he'll sign and also believes he deserves a spot on the list.
I'm not so confident. He does deserve a spot on the list and losing him for nothing will certainly not help our list depth. But with us bringing in Mayne and WHE, and Elliot, Fasolo, Broomhead hopefully ready to go by round 1... Blair is in an interesting position and both he and his manager know it. Reckon at the moment he's obviously sounding out his options as a DFA and will walk if he finds a suitable offer. If we are only offering 1 year on not much $ then you can't blame the guy.

Yeah, Blair has been a wonderful servant to the club but his position in the starting 22 must always be in question with the likes of Fasolo, Elliot, Broomhead, Thomas, Brown and Daics all available if injury free. Have to give credit where credit is due, he has been resilient over the years but no way is he an automatic best 22. IMO he needs to hit the score board a little more, he just has not produced the last two years in front of goal consistently. If we have another injury depleting year then I expect Blair to stand up once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Blair has been a wonderful servant to the club but his position in the starting 22 must always be in question with the likes of Fasolo, Elliot, Broomhead, Thomas, Brown and Daics all available if injury free. Have to give credit where credit is due, he has been resilient over the years but no way is he an automatic best 22. IMO he needs to hit the score board a little more, he just has not produced the last two years in front of goal consistently. If we have another injury depleting year then I expect Blair to stand up once again.
I understand Blair signed the contract we offered him i.e. a one year deal

We can't delist Blair, Bucks & Eddie trolls will roll out the " only xx players left from 2010 GF " dribble again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL. They'll be the same ones that say Blair shouldn't be playing.

To move forward, I'd like to see us look past Blair, but others need to step up and take his spot. I don't see him playing much in 2017, but handy depth. He's a premiership player, after all.;)

Xavier Richards is the interesting one.Just played in the grand final so he must be a handy player.If we could get him cheaply,like for pick 105,i would definitely go for it.

Keefe was a no brainer, mate of mine reckons he has been flat out training like a man possessed, might surprise some of our regular Pies whingers one this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big reason Brown left the club, they told him he was behind Keefe.

Last edited:
Keeffe officially promoted (which we already knew), along with Smith (which we suspected and many of us hoped)...

First list lodgement: Collingwood’s changes
In: Lynden Dunn (traded from Melbourne), Will Hoskin-Elliott (traded from GWS Giants), Lachlan Keeffe (upgraded from rookie list), Chris Mayne (Unrestricted Free Agent from Fremantle), Josh Smith (upgraded from rookie list), Daniel Wells (Unrestricted Free Agent from North Melbourne).

Out: Nathan Brown (Restricted Free Agent, to St Kilda), Travis Cloke (traded to Western Bulldogs), Jack Frost (traded to Brisbane Lions), Corey Gault (retired), Tim Golds (delisted), Matthew Goodyear (delisted), Brent Macaffer (retired), Dane Swan (retired), Alan Toovey (retired), Marley Williams (traded to North Melbourne), Jarrod Witts (traded to Gold Coast), Darrean Wyatt (delisted).

Retained Rookies: Josh Thomas, Mason Cox.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-11-02/magpies-promote-keeffe

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. FA & trade wash up, what list spots & draft picks do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back