List Mgmt. FA & trade wash up, what list spots & draft picks do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

I make it 35/3/1, including the ones we brought in.
Are you basing it off an initial senior list size of 39 or 40? We only had 39 on the senior list last year.

Are you basing it off an initial senior list size of 39 or 40? We only had 39 on the senior list last year.
No looking at website, checked again 34/3/1 including new arrivals.
Counted one twice:$ sorry.
Assuming we don't delist anymore (Marsh?), are we looking at at least 5 new players to get to 39?

No looking at website, checked again 34/3/1 including new arrivals.
Counted one twice:$ sorry.
Assuming we don't delist anymore (Marsh?), are we looking at at least 5 new players to get to 39?
We need 4 new players to take the senior list up to the minimum 38, the 39th and 40th players can be either rookies or senior listed players and we've got 1 other space free on the rookie list.

So we're looking at 4 seniors, 1 rookie, 2 seniors or rookies.

Smith has to be upgraded!!! Had s fantastic season and deserves it. Have Keeffe and Thomas been included in those numbers on the Rookie list as they become active shortly.

Smith will be UpGraded. Not even worth Worrying about

Smith will be UpGraded. Not even worth Worrying about
Would be a good reward for Smith, I was really hard on him early but he was consistent, always got plenty of the ball and used it ok. I'd rather see Smith on the main list than Keefe and Thomas, they're very lucky to be there and need to earn the spot from scratch for me.

Think we have 7 Empty List Spots

We have 33 currently filled senior list spots if Marsh goes, 34 in the unlikely event that he stays.

The minimum number of players required to constitute a valid Primary List is 38, with the maximum being 40.

So, we have a minimum of 5 spots to fill and a maximum of 7 with Marsh gone (or a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 if he stays).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 33 currently filled senior list spots if Marsh goes, 34 in the unlikely event that he stays.

The minimum number of players required to constitute a valid Primary List is 38, with the maximum being 40.

So, we have a minimum of 5 spots to fill and a maximum of 7 with Marsh gone (or a minimum of 4 and maximum of 6 if he stays).

Does it feel like we are taking a delisted free agent to you? Seems like we wouldn't plan around taking such a late pick into the draft. Mitch Brown looks pretty likely to me.

Depends IF we sign any DFA or Not.

Does it feel like we are taking a delisted free agent to you? Seems like we wouldn't plan around taking such a late pick into the draft. Mitch Brown looks pretty likely to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we picked one up. Assuming we get to use Pick 28 on a general draft pool player and get Brown and Daicos for the value of picks 44/51/62/65, that still leaves at least 2 spots to fill to constitute a minimum senior list if Marsh goes. If Brown and Daicos cost us the better part of 44/51/62/65, the balance of those picks will be shunted to back of the draft order, from which we'll need to make up the numbers from the bottom of the daft pool. But then again, Hine has shown with Messers Langdon/Marsh/Phillips/Wills/Crocker/Smith in recent years that he can find useful/serviceable players with late picks.

We are skinny for proper key position cover at either end, so Brown would be a logical choice, even for just a year.

We also need a depth ruckman, particularly if we see Cox as a starting member of our senior 22 as a forward. Minson is the best available here (really, the only available).

EDIT: I see Keeffe has been upgraded to the senior list and Marsh retained, meaning two less spots to fill. Ugh...

Cox is still on the Rookie List so I say we have 39 Senior Players on there and have Cox as the Nominated Rookie on the Senior List

Cox is still on the Rookie List so I say we have 39 Senior Players on there and have Cox as the Nominated Rookie on the Senior List
Smith is also deserving of a promotion, so maybe a senior list of 38 and 3 incoming senior players (pick 28, Brown, Daicos). This would leave us with 4 rookie spots to fill.

With all our vacant list spots now associated with points carrying picks I'd say it's unlikely we sign a DFA prior to the draft.

Cox is stiff (excuse the pun)... deserves to be immediately upgraded in the draft (pick 105?) and vying for a position as forward/ruck in rd 1. No he will have to rely on being upgraded due to a long term injury, I take it?

If we run with a 38 man Primary List, Cox can be allocated to one of two "nominated rookie" spots and be available for Round 1.

Smith is also deserving of a promotion, so maybe a senior list of 38 and 3 incoming senior players (pick 28, Brown, Daicos). This would leave us with 4 rookie spots to fill.

With all our vacant list spots now associated with points carrying picks I'd say it's unlikely we sign a DFA prior to the draft.

DFA is Interesting as we been Linked to quite a Few.

Intresting that Smith was not Elvated along Side Keeffe

DFA is Interesting as we been Linked to quite a Few.

Intresting that Smith was not Elvated along Side Keeffe
Just like signing a DFA elevating Smith or Cox would have burnt 90 f/s points.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. FA & trade wash up, what list spots & draft picks do we have?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back