Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm basing my team on the season, not first week, so not too fussed.

Thought TAA was preferred at this stage?
Clyne was injured all last season, that's why TAA was so clearly preferred. Everyone is very happy with Trent, but Klopp loves a pre-season and TAA hasn't rejoined the team yet due to his World Cup. I expect Clyne to start, and Clyne looks very keen to earn his place. Since TAA is young there are plenty of positives with not over-playing him too. Trent is ahead of Gomez, but the trick is that Gomez often gets on the bench as he can play in any defensive position. Trent can lay midfield, and is a scouse hero, but we now have the depth which means bench spaces will be hard fought for.

I think rotation will happen, and that's probably why only the clear #1s in defence (Robbo and VVD) are valued at 6, their back-ups are at 4.5 (Moreno and Klavan), while the rest are at 5. Klavan could be a bargain early season purchase, though, because Matip still looks shaky and injury-prone. 'One of the best defenders in the world, Lovren, should return a few games in, but the first game after the first break is at Spurs, where Lovren had one of his worst recent games.

Clyne was injured all last season, that's why TAA was so clearly preferred. Everyone is very happy with Trent, but Klopp loves a pre-season and TAA hasn't rejoined the team yet due to his World Cup. I expect Clyne to start, and Clyne looks very keen to earn his place. Since TAA is young there are plenty of positives with not over-playing him too. Trent is ahead of Gomez, but the trick is that Gomez often gets on the bench as he can play in any defensive position. Trent can lay midfield, and is a scouse hero, but we now have the depth which means bench spaces will be hard fought for.

I think rotation will happen, and that's probably why only the clear #1s in defence (Robbo and VVD) are valued at 6, their back-ups are at 4.5 (Moreno and Klavan), while the rest are at 5. Klavan could be a bargain early season purchase, though, because Matip still looks shaky and injury-prone. 'One of the best defenders in the world, Lovren, should return a few games in, but the first game after the first break is at Spurs, where Lovren had one of his worst recent games.

Yep, fair points. Might try and find the extra .5 to afford Robbo.

Hey guys,

Fairly new to BF and haven't really posted very much, but love my FPL and keen to get in on some discussion in the lead up to the season with some Aussies. Maybe even join a league if one's going around?

Did fairly well last year, was inside the top 15k for the majority of the season before having a shocker of a GW38 and finishing @ 35k. Did it without a single City player outside of Aguero (in stages) too, a by-product of an irrational hatred for City being the odd one out in a City-supporting English heritage extended family I guess. Bit like how I don't select very many Crows players in my fantasy teams. :p

Very excited as a Chelsea fan for 'Sarri-ball', we should finally be more of an attacking unit and could see guys like Hazard become close to essential once fully returned from the WC & gelled as a unit. Seen Pedro in a few teams, I'd still classify him as a slight rotation risk, but I think there's certainly merit in starting the season with him considering the Chelsea assets that will be returning from the WC.

For those who are looking at selecting someone in the midfield from the Championship or a foreign league coming into the PL (Sess, Jota, Cairney, Anderson, etc.) I've done a few articles on the /r/FantasyPL subreddit that contain a few stats if you want to do some light reading.

- 6.5-7 priced midfielders

- 5.5-6 priced midfielders (part 1)

Anyway, here is my team at the moment;

wu0rn1y.png

Defenders: Leno looks a certainty to be the man between the sticks at the Emirates, and despite a difficult 2 opening fixtures, looks the best way into the Arsenal defence at 5.0. Mat Ryan is an absolute lad, fulfils the Aussie quota & had a fantastic season last campaign for the Seagulls. No-brainer.

Azpi should shift back to RB under Sarri's preferred 4-3-3 formation, effectively spelling the end for Victor Moses. It shouldn't affect his output too much, and I'd expect him to be one of the best defensive assets this season again. Robertson came onto the scene late in the season for Liverpool, and was a sneaky pickup at 4.5 if you caught on fast enough. He gets forward, provides some absolutely filthy balls into the box (see game vs Tranmere first half highlights, you'll go 'oooh' at how absolutely dirty some of them are) and looks to have locked down that LB spot. He'll go close to, if not being the highest scoring defender this season imo. Pereira is a bit of a gamble considering Leicester's inability to keep clean sheets over the last two seasons, but comes with a reputation for being quick, attacking and an extremely good crosser of the ball. Scored two goals last term and assisted a further 4. PvA & Doherty are other options I'm considering. Dunk shouldn't score 4 own goals again (you'd hope, anyway) and had a very good shots per game ratio for a defender. Will rotate with Hughes/Andone as the 11th member on the field. Wan-Bissaka has started 4/5 of Palace's pre-season games and is a cheap 4.0 enabler.

Midfielders: Salah is a defensive pick, much like Danger was in previous seasons for SC, he's good enough that you can be completely left behind if he continues last seasons form, especially as a captain in a game where guaranteed points are so hard to come by at the best of times, just gotta hope you can get off in time if shit goes south. Eriksen & David Silva are competing for that spot at the moment, both should start GW1 but both will be playing in under-strength llineups. Siggy seems a logical pick for the price vs. what we know he can do, but **** me Everton have looked like a pile of dog sh*t this pre-season. Yarmolenko, Jahanbaksh, Richarlison & Jota all under consideration. Maddison is being slept on by a lot of people, and I feel will make the biggest impact of the players stepping up from the Championship, he created the most chances last season in the Championship (2.8 per game), scored 14, assisted 6 and is a huge threat from set-pieces, all while playing for a very disappointing Norwich side. Simply put, he's the Foxes' Mahrez replacement and unlike most of the other options, will plug straight into an established PL team. Gotta start him now after hyping him up literally everywhere in pre-season. :p Hughes seems like he'll get more game-time as a #10 this season for Watford, and until Kenedy's fixtures clear up (as I feel he is far and away the best 5.0 option), he's a good punt to start. Cairney also seems a good option.

Forwards: Aubameyang is close to essential, people saying he'll play out wide don't realise he did that for quite a few games last season anyway. If he did what he did at the back end of the season under Wegner's style of football, we could be in for something really special this year. Arnie is there because I don't like any of the other options (feel Mitrovic is fools gold) and seems to have done well during the pre-season. May find the cash to upgrade to Firmino. Andone is a huge upgrade on Glenn Murray for Brighton, physical, aggressive, and has history banging goals in for relegation threatened clubs. Could also make Gross a viable option again this year.

I'll probably change it 50 million more times before the start of the season, but thats all part of the fun. :p

So yeah, if someone has a league code floating around, let me know.

Bring on the new season!

What's the key to getting out of the blocks in this darned game?
Who's gonna shine in the first month?

Man City look so much better than anyone else, but rotations heck.
Salah...can't start without him?

Who are your top must haves?
Salah, Ederson, Wan Bissaka have been stationed in my team for the most part.
I'm planing on taking the cheap route into good defensive units for clean sheet points.
then midfield / forwards - deal the cards...

Hey guys,

Fairly new to BF and haven't really posted very much, but love my FPL and keen to get in on some discussion in the lead up to the season with some Aussies. Maybe even join a league if one's going around?

Did fairly well last year, was inside the top 15k for the majority of the season before having a shocker of a GW38 and finishing @ 35k. Did it without a single City player outside of Aguero (in stages) too, a by-product of an irrational hatred for City being the odd one out in a City-supporting English heritage extended family I guess. Bit like how I don't select very many Crows players in my fantasy teams. :p

Very excited as a Chelsea fan for 'Sarri-ball', we should finally be more of an attacking unit and could see guys like Hazard become close to essential once fully returned from the WC & gelled as a unit. Seen Pedro in a few teams, I'd still classify him as a slight rotation risk, but I think there's certainly merit in starting the season with him considering the Chelsea assets that will be returning from the WC.

For those who are looking at selecting someone in the midfield from the Championship or a foreign league coming into the PL (Sess, Jota, Cairney, Anderson, etc.) I've done a few articles on the /r/FantasyPL subreddit that contain a few stats if you want to do some light reading.

- 6.5-7 priced midfielders

- 5.5-6 priced midfielders (part 1)

Anyway, here is my team at the moment;

wu0rn1y.png

Defenders: Leno looks a certainty to be the man between the sticks at the Emirates, and despite a difficult 2 opening fixtures, looks the best way into the Arsenal defence at 5.0. Mat Ryan is an absolute lad, fulfils the Aussie quota & had a fantastic season last campaign for the Seagulls. No-brainer.

Azpi should shift back to RB under Sarri's preferred 4-3-3 formation, effectively spelling the end for Victor Moses. It shouldn't affect his output too much, and I'd expect him to be one of the best defensive assets this season again. Robertson came onto the scene late in the season for Liverpool, and was a sneaky pickup at 4.5 if you caught on fast enough. He gets forward, provides some absolutely filthy balls into the box (see game vs Tranmere first half highlights, you'll go 'oooh' at how absolutely dirty some of them are) and looks to have locked down that LB spot. He'll go close to, if not being the highest scoring defender this season imo. Pereira is a bit of a gamble considering Leicester's inability to keep clean sheets over the last two seasons, but comes with a reputation for being quick, attacking and an extremely good crosser of the ball. Scored two goals last term and assisted a further 4. PvA & Doherty are other options I'm considering. Dunk shouldn't score 4 own goals again (you'd hope, anyway) and had a very good shots per game ratio for a defender. Will rotate with Hughes/Andone as the 11th member on the field. Wan-Bissaka has started 4/5 of Palace's pre-season games and is a cheap 4.0 enabler.

Midfielders: Salah is a defensive pick, much like Danger was in previous seasons for SC, he's good enough that you can be completely left behind if he continues last seasons form, especially as a captain in a game where guaranteed points are so hard to come by at the best of times, just gotta hope you can get off in time if shit goes south. Eriksen & David Silva are competing for that spot at the moment, both should start GW1 but both will be playing in under-strength llineups. Siggy seems a logical pick for the price vs. what we know he can do, but **** me Everton have looked like a pile of dog sh*t this pre-season. Yarmolenko, Jahanbaksh, Richarlison & Jota all under consideration. Maddison is being slept on by a lot of people, and I feel will make the biggest impact of the players stepping up from the Championship, he created the most chances last season in the Championship (2.8 per game), scored 14, assisted 6 and is a huge threat from set-pieces, all while playing for a very disappointing Norwich side. Simply put, he's the Foxes' Mahrez replacement and unlike most of the other options, will plug straight into an established PL team. Gotta start him now after hyping him up literally everywhere in pre-season. :p Hughes seems like he'll get more game-time as a #10 this season for Watford, and until Kenedy's fixtures clear up (as I feel he is far and away the best 5.0 option), he's a good punt to start. Cairney also seems a good option.

Forwards: Aubameyang is close to essential, people saying he'll play out wide don't realise he did that for quite a few games last season anyway. If he did what he did at the back end of the season under Wegner's style of football, we could be in for something really special this year. Arnie is there because I don't like any of the other options (feel Mitrovic is fools gold) and seems to have done well during the pre-season. May find the cash to upgrade to Firmino. Andone is a huge upgrade on Glenn Murray for Brighton, physical, aggressive, and has history banging goals in for relegation threatened clubs. Could also make Gross a viable option again this year.

I'll probably change it 50 million more times before the start of the season, but thats all part of the fun. :p

So yeah, if someone has a league code floating around, let me know.

Bring on the new season!

No City players at all?

No City players at all?

Have been trying to squeeze Aguero in all pre-season but can't seem to find a team I'm happy with with all 3 of Salah/Auba/him. May have to though after last nights performance.

Bernardo becomes an option after last night, but I'd still expect him to have a fun time on the wheel of rotation. David Silva & Ben Mendy are under heavy consideration as well.

Also now have to find a replacement for Maddison now that he's 50/50 to start after injuring himself. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been trying to squeeze Aguero in all pre-season but can't seem to find a team I'm happy with with all 3 of Salah/Auba/him. May have to though after last nights performance.

Bernardo becomes an option after last night, but I'd still expect him to have a fun time on the wheel of rotation. David Silva & Ben Mendy are under heavy consideration as well.

Also now have to find a replacement for Maddison now that he's 50/50 to start after injuring himself. :rolleyes:
City rotation is a real issue. Mendy Mahrez and KDB for me at the moment. Will have to carry KDB for a week or two.

City rotation is a real issue. Mendy Mahrez and KDB for me at the moment. Will have to carry KDB for a week or two.
Why not start with someone else and move across to him?

Lucas Digne was of interest to me. Everton do have a very easy start to the season.

Oh, I thought you meant in the last few days, didn't he sign a week ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy EPL - 18/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back