Finally, we have a direct quote

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the direct abuse he went for.

I'm so used to him belittling others that I'm desinsitised to it.

FWIW, rumours are perfectly welcome. Some rumours are complete garbage, but a fair percentage of them end up having merit.

I guess I was one of the few that read the offending post before it was deleted.
I thought he used the name of a well known clothing company.
Else wouldn't the swear filter of picked up the offending word?

By the way, you guys do a terrific job and we all appreciate it greatly.

I have had a look through his posts, and I can't see anything I would call abuse,
I see lots of questioning and lots of put downs but I don't see any abuse.
Lets face it this whole site is full of put downs.
Why not post some of the offending abuse and include your warnings to him, it might help the rest of us to understand the high standards of the Collingwood Board that you guys expect of everyone of us

Was he ever told he was on perminant probation?

Had either of you guys had a run in with him before you became Moderators, that might have coloured your view of him once you became moderators?

Thanks guys keep up the great work, just trying to understand and stop myself and others falling into the same trap as Murray.

Great job :thumbsu:

FIGJAM said:
It was the direct abuse he went for.

I'm so used to him belittling others that I'm desinsitised to it.

FWIW, rumours are perfectly welcome. Some rumours are complete garbage, but a fair percentage of them end up having merit.
Yes of course rumours are welcome we all love reading them

Have you ever belittled others? I don't know, but I would guess you have at some point in time. So if you have, is all we are really talking about is quantity of belittling, not belittling in itself.

Great conversations guys.

I don't mind Murray. He has some good stuff to say. I read his post and agree it was out of line. No problem with how this board is moderated.

Chase the Ace said:
Have you ever belittled others? I don't know, but I would guess you have at some point in time. So if you have, is all we are really talking about is quantity of belittling, not belittling in itself.
It's not quantity at all - If there was some kind of build up, he would have been banned a long time ago.

He simply always managed to stop short of a bannable offense.

However, this time, he went way over the line, and was disciplined accordingly.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
It's not quantity at all - If there was some kind of build up, he would have been banned a long time ago.

He simply always managed to stop short of a bannable offense.

However, this time, he went way over the line, and was disciplined accordingly.
Yes, of course and I believe you. You do an excellent job. Can you repost what he said so that we can see it. I really thought he used the name of a clothing company as there were no ***** deleting out the offending words. You guys are in charge no doubt about that. I think we all like it that way. I like what MarkT says.

Not necessary (IMO of course). If you want to mod then put your hand up. Otherwise leave it to them.

MarkT said:
Not necessary (IMO of course). If you want to mod then put your hand up. Otherwise leave it to them.
Yes MarkT you are quite correct. Its just that I thought there was nothing to it. But the mods rightly believe otherwise. I was just trying to get things clear for the rest of us. If there are other issues why not get them out in the open. Hey guys (Mods) is it possible to assist me with my questions that haven't been answered to date from my previous posts I'm sure others are interested in this. Top job guys, I think your work is great

morax said:
Absolute bull..

Murray may have been out of line but i've seen a lot of similar posts from other's ignored.
No you haven't.

Show me one occasion on which a poster has been warned about threatening and insulting other members of the board, and they have responded with the profanity towards a moderator that Murray did, and I'll show you an occasion that a poster got banned.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
No you haven't.

Show me one occasion on which a poster has been warned about threatening and insulting other members of the board, and they have responded with the profanity towards a moderator that Murray did, and I'll show you an occasion that a poster got banned.
Isn't this the point. You say that Murray was warned, but you refuse to produce the posts where you warned him. The more you fail to answer the most basic of questions about this the more it looks a little suspect. Did you ever have a run in with murray before you became a mod. Was figjam ever required to apologise to murray for doing something to him. You can see I have been doing a lot of searches about murray and it appears that this is not as you would suggest it is. I love the work you guys do, but I think it is time to come clean on this VV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chase the Ace said:
Isn't this the point. You say that Murray was warned, but you refuse to produce the posts where you warned him. The more you fail to answer the most basic of questions about this the more it looks a little suspect. Did you ever have a run in with murray before you became a mod. Was figjam ever required to apologise to murray for doing something to him. You can see I have been doing a lot of searches about murray and it appears that this is not as you would suggest it is. I love the work you guys do, but I think it is time to come clean on this VV
I warned him IN THIS THREAD!!!

vinnie_vegas69 said:
A) You're over the line. Stop attacking posters personally, moderator or not.

B) This is an internet message board, not a court of law. Rumours are welcome here. In fact, there wouldn't even BE message boards if not for rumours, because there wouldn't be enough traffic here to keep the boards afloat.

Stop with the complaining everytime someone comments on a rumour. We get it - You're not going to listen to rumours. That doesn't mean that nobody else is allowed to.

If you find it all so infantile and silly, then how about you do something mature and just take a break from the boards until Friday, instead of just sniping at anyone trying to have a legitimate discussion (which, in fact, CAN be had about rumours).
In what way is "stop attacking posters personally" not a warning?

In what way is telling a moderator to go fornicate with himself a reasonable or acceptable response to that warning?

FIGJAM said:
Are you taking the piss??
Of course he/she is & I don't blame him/her.

Don't ask for quotes, however I have seen plenty of inconsistencies from you Figgy. On a personal level I have no issue as I am a moderate poster & you haven't had an issue with me directly, I read a lot more than I post.

I do recall an incident whereby yourself & Murray were not seeing eye to eye on a particular issue. There were responses coming from both of you thick and fast, all legitimate and within the realms of acceptability. Murray retorted with a response that was completely reasonable & probably shut you up. I was eagerly anticipating what you would come back with & thought to myself, there is nothing he can come back with, Murray has ended this argument brilliantly. Well, guess what? You deleted your whole conversation with Murray. There was no justification for it. I don't need to be a mod to measure what is & what isn't reasonable.

From that point on, I have rarely posted in the Collingwood forum. It was a clear case of a moderator controlling a situation that didn't require it.

Don't misconstrue this as an attack as it is nothing further from the truth. I felt that if a poster who doesn't post here anymore came and expressed his thoughts on the issue, somebody might actually listen.

You guys have a tough job, policing a forum of this magnitude requires a lot of tolerance. Must show consistency. Murray is targeted IMO.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
I warned him IN THIS THREAD!!!

In what way is "stop attacking posters personally" not a warning?

In what way is telling a moderator to go fornicate with himself a reasonable or acceptable response to that warning?
But that above post was the post you made directly befor banning him You said he had got numerous warnings. If the only warning you can find is the one directly before you banned I think you are being a little lose with the truth VV. As I said I read the post that you banned him for. I did not see a word that told you to fornicate with yourself. Thank you for discussing this with me.
Can you just do two things
Did you have a personal issue with murray before you became a mod, as I said I have done a search and I believe your view of him was based on your personal feelings towards him and therefore unfair.
Can you re-post the offending post that he was banned for so that we can all see it. I saw no swear word in it, just the name of a clothing company that can be seen every day on billboards around town.
Thank you guys :thumbsu:

The_New_Recruit said:
Don't ask for quotes, however I have seen plenty of inconsistencies from you Figgy. On a personal level I have no issue as I am a moderate poster & you haven't had an issue with me directly, I read a lot more than I post.

I do recall an incident whereby yourself & Murray were not seeing eye to eye on a particular issue. There were responses coming from both of you thick and fast, all legitimate and within the realms of acceptability. Murray retorted with a response that was completely reasonable & probably shut you up. I was eagerly anticipating what you would come back with & thought to myself, there is nothing he can come back with, Murray has ended this argument brilliantly. Well, guess what? You deleted your whole conversation with Murray. There was no justification for it. I don't need to be a mod to measure what is & what isn't reasonable.

From that point on, I have rarely posted in the Collingwood forum. It was a clear case of a moderator controlling a situation that didn't require it.

Don't misconstrue this as an attack as it is nothing further from the truth. I felt that if a poster who doesn't post here anymore came and expressed his thoughts on the issue, somebody might actually listen.

You guys have a tough job, policing a forum of this magnitude requires a lot of tolerance. Must show consistency. Murray is targeted IMO.
I have to ask you to show me the thread, as it never happened. If it did, myself or vinnie or Chief or Fred will be able to see which posts I deleted. That's the way it works, so PM me the thread and I will stand down if I deleted posts that were legitimate.

One thing's for certain, moderators get accused of more stuff than they actually do. I kid you not, I delete about one post every two weeks at max! Within the season propper, this goes up after losses, as oppo supporters stick the boots in. I literally can't remember the last Collingwood supporter post I deleted, as most I have to mess with are swear filter evasion issues.

Accuse me of being lazy if you will, but overbearing...that's ironic!

It's not necessarily a permanent banning. That's up to Murray. You will notice he's on temporary suspension from the whole site for abusing me, as undertaken by Chief, and he has also got stuck into vinnie a couple of times. Not a good start.

As for other issues, we may give minor warnings in threads, but formal warnings are done by PM. Murray had at least four or five from me. For oppo supporters they get two strikes and their out.

CtA, as for the difference between "put downs" and abuse is negligable. A post designed to make someone feel bad about themselves is poor form. I dunno why we bother singing "side by side" every week if we're happier acting like Richmond supporters.

How many of these people demanding 'answers' are we assuming are Murray aliases? :p

FWIW, Murray is generally pretty good, but gets a bit over the top with his insults/disagreeance with people. If you don't agree with him, your wrong, simple.

da_ilks said:
How many of these people demanding 'answers' are we assuming are Murray aliases? :p

FWIW, Murray is generally pretty good, but gets a bit over the top with his insults/disagreeance with people. If you don't agree with him, your wrong, simple.
I would imagine at least one or two.

Anyway, this has had quite enough mileage out of it. Locking it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back