Finals predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were to finish 5th, in order to face Geelong in a week 2 Semi Final, they would have to finish 4th.
Then that seems unlikely to me. We need Port and GWS to both win away to Freo and Dogs respectively or assuming Geelong win, hope they don’t win by too much (difficult when they’re playing Eagles at home) and if Port and GWS do lose hope they only lose by small margins.

Given some of the chat in here and without actually looking closely at the ladder, for some reason I’d assumed it was a very likely outcome due to the chat but if you ask me, it seems about as unlikely as us losing the past two games.

Then that seems unlikely to me. We need Port and GWS to both win away to Freo and Dogs respectively or assuming Geelong win, hope they don’t win by too much (difficult when they’re playing Eagles at home) and if Port and GWS do lose hope they only lose by small margins.

Given some of the chat in here and without actually looking closely at the ladder, for some reason I’d assumed it was a very likely outcome due to the chat but if you ask me, it seems about as unlikely as us losing the past two games.
For Geelong to move up the ladder they would need GWS to lose by 30 and them win by 35 roughly to overtake GWS and to overtake Port they would need Port to lose by 45 and them win by 50 give or take.
But if they lose they could fall to sixth if both we and the bulldogs win.

Hypothetically if West Coast were to beat Geelong it would surely have to be up there as the upset of the century.
I'd give the Eagles around a .05% chance of causing an upset.

What a downer it would be if it happened and then we went on to lose to the Bombers.:eek:

I'd give the Eagles around a .05% chance of causing an upset.

What a downer it would be if it happened and then we went on to lose to the Bombers.:eek:
I actually thought they'd give a severely depleted Carlton a serious run last weekend only to be obliberated, so I see next to no reason why it won't be a 10+ goal hiding against the Cats.

I actually thought they'd give a severely depleted Carlton a serious run last weekend only to be obliberated, so I see next to no reason why it won't be a 10+ goal hiding against the Cats.

McGovern and Barrass are already confirmed to not be playing. Eagles are always awful down at pork barrel stadium. If its under 100 points I'd be surprised.

McGovern and Barrass are already confirmed to not be playing. Eagles are always awful down at pork barrel stadium. If its under 100 points I'd be surprised.
Yep which is why I have been confused why so many seem to think we'll play Geelong in the second week of the finals should we win and they lose week one of the finals......in terms of the machinations of how that would work based on predicted ladder positions.

Yep which is why I have been confused why so many seem to think we'll play Geelong in the second week of the finals should we win and they lose week one of the finals......in terms of the machinations of how that would work based on predicted ladder positions.

GWs beats the dogs in ballarat, Port beats freo. Locks Geelong into 4th regardless of how well they win.

Its entirely our own fault but pretty lame that Port are a chance to finish second when they literally get an additional home game over every bar Adelaide.
Yep it really irks me that Port are going to finish top 4, we gave them an absolute flogging not that long ago and I don't rate them a serious Premiership threat, would love to play them in a Semi Final if we win our Elimination Final... which after playing with the ladder predictor could be against any of Blues, Dockers, Hawks or Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just realized GWS could rest players for Sunday if Geelong win and jump them on percentage. No one will be able to pass them at that point and 4th is theirs. GWS might prefer staying in Sydney and taking on the Swans first up than travel interstate.

Just realized GWS could rest players for Sunday if Geelong win and jump them on percentage. No one will be able to pass them at that point and 4th is theirs. GWS might prefer staying in Sydney and taking on the Swans first up than travel interstate.
I think GWS would love to smash the Dogs and potentially end their season. Kingsley doesn't strike me as someone who messes with form or motivation.

Yep it really irks me that Port are going to finish top 4, we gave them an absolute flogging not that long ago and I don't rate them a serious Premiership threat, would love to play them in a Semi Final if we win our Elimination Final... which after playing with the ladder predictor could be against any of Blues, Dockers, Hawks or Bulldogs.
Time to roll out the "No Houston - No Port" line!

No one to blame but ourselves for our predicament.
What it does mean is that we don't fear the teams above us any more than we fear the teams below us, and we're likely to face the teams below us at home in week 1. The biggest challenge (if we make it) will be the PF... coming up against a rested top 4 team, with the increased risk of additional injuries/concussion from the additional match, while the opponent will have no such concerns of missing players (at least on the concussion front).

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back