Oppo Camp Finals Week 1 Everyone Else

Remove this Banner Ad

Very simple, Geelong went the treading water route.
They should have accepted their group was done, gut the fish, re build better.
But that's ok they can keep their old timers.

Geelong lack a good ruckman and a second tall forward.

If Hawkins doesn't kick a bag, they struggle to kick a winning score. Against teams with rucks like Gawn, this is exacerbated as the ruck can get back and plug the hole in front of Hawkins if a long kick comes in.

Satisfaction tonight.
Happy to see the back of the cats. They've had a good decade. Now run along and ponder what could have been, and will be. Don't see a bright future with their list.

Well done to the Dees, good to see them win a final. Great for their long suffering supporters.

What a terrible game. Both teams were shit. I'd back us to beat either team based on tonight's display. They both had goalless quarters - and I guess Melbourne were lucky they were playing Geelong, because you just can't get away with that in finals normally. I know Melbourne are the team with all the momentum at the moment, and there's a "2016 Bulldogs" narrative about them, but they look like they're due to be found out pretty soon.

Since 2011 Geelong has ridden into finals on the back of their home ground advantage, and then either bomb out, or make a prelim and are easy beats to whoever plays them.

Remember the year the cried enough to get a final in Geelong against Freo and still lost haha.

The most amazing thing is they keep extending Scott’s coaching contract. He had a lucky first up win in ‘11 when he inherited a great team but it’s been slowly down hill ever since...

They've been coincidentally going down hill since bomber left and took the drugs with him to Essendon. I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't believe anything dodgy went on down at the cattery with dank and Thompson at the club are naive.

Couldn’t say hate (vs Essendon or Carlton etc) not say like either, but not sure can stomach anymore of this love toward the Dees and then making the finals and the miracle, the romance of them winning a flag this year. Blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, what crap! To put it very lightly. Bail out after bail out and first round draft picks. Add to it AFL assistance to land Roos and us giving them the gate on Queen’s Birthday (which it seems they have been more and more over our defeats on this day of late prior to this year).

In a nutshell, they’re not paupers anymore and now reaping rewards and more. I still remember the tin rattling to save our proud club in ‘86.

Sure, Melbourne were a part of that group but can’t remember anyone else saving us but ourselves. Side by Side we stuck together.

Now Melbourne deserve a flag? Earn a flag first.

As bad as our team has been and I too have thought long and hard about it in recent years, flag or not, this year or whenever, Bucks leading the club back into the finals with a big F@ck you to all his doubters (Collingwood or not); I think commands more respect and applause than Melbourne because he did it after being bashed from pillar to post and still got up off the canvas and stood up.

I’m once again proud to be a Collingwood supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a terrible game. Both teams were shit. I'd back us to beat either team based on tonight's display. They both had goalless quarters - and I guess Melbourne were lucky they were playing Geelong, because you just can't get away with that in finals normally. I know Melbourne are the team with all the momentum at the moment, and there's a "2016 Bulldogs" narrative about them, but they look like they're due to be found out pretty soon.
Either that or now after a win, the self belief kicks in and the fumbles finally disappear.
Shudder.
They've sure got some talentented players.
Love a couple of their talls.

The footy gods have been cruel to us all year but come finals they have finally done us a bit of a favour.
If we lose today no matter what we get to play a Sydney based team on our home turf.
I think we are a lock for a prelim. Either we get it done tonight or it happens next week. Either way come prelims I am very confident we will be there.

Can't wait for Geelongs oh so funny mad Monday dress up.
How do u dress up as overpriced potatoes?

Bald cap, suit and insincere smile.

On the outside chance that we lose today, who would we prefer to play in the semi?

I reckon its a flip of the coin whether the Swans or Giants would be a more difficult opponent. I think I prefer the Swans because I reckon they are running on the smell of an oily rag, while we the Giants have more upside if they can get their act together.

I think some posters on here are a bit harsh on Melbourne. They were pretty good last night and would have won by 10 goals had they kicked straight and cleaned up their forward entries.

They are certainly a chance for the flag this year. They are capable of doing it.

I think some posters on here are a bit harsh on Melbourne. They were pretty good last night and would have won by 10 goals had they kicked straight and cleaned up their forward entries.

They are certainly a chance for the flag this year. They are capable of doing it.

Agree, very harsh on Melbourne. They dominated all night. They got a bit nervous/gunshy in the forward 50 and tried too hard to set up easier goals with one too many handballs or kicks....They will learn from that....just have a shot!!! Apart from that they played a perfect game of finals football.

They will belt Hawthorn who along with Geelong are the weakest two teams in the eight.

They were impressive. I remember when they played us that their midfielders all crashed into the contest at the same time, so that even when they won the ball they could never find anyone on the outside. They certainly look to have fixed that up.

Oliver's hands are sublime, great effort to maintain that composure in his first final.

Not sure they're good enough for the Tigers, just not sure they can maintain the requisite intensity for long enough, but they look a better chance now than I thought they were before last night.

Have to say, Melbourne did us a favour giving us a blueprint to beat the Eagles in Perth. They earned their finals spot. Not like Geelong, who basically dawdled in with two back-to-back hundred point floggings of two bottom teams. Port probably deserved the spot more than them, based on last night.

Couple that with a tough clash with the dockers, a good look at the Optus surface, and three huge, inspirational ins, I think we are in it up to our eyeballs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Finals Week 1 Everyone Else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back