Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Don’t despair, everyone. We’re still very much alive in the premiership race.

Those first three quarters we put on were amongst the best played by any team this year, where it all came together. We showed we could match it with the minor premiers on their turf, and almost held on when they threw everything at us in the last quarter.

Losing hurts, but there’s an old saying “What doesn’t kill me, makes me stronger”. Kingsley will make sure the players learn from last night and emerge better for the experience.

Going into yesterday, I always thought we’d need at least one of our lesser lights to shine, and that was James Peatling, who was probably our BOG. James even ensured we didn’t hear from Australian Crawl during the match. Thank you, James, we need you to keep playing like that.

On to the Semi-Final next Saturday against Brisbane. Here's the probable line-up:

FB [27] Harry Himmelberg, [15] Sam Taylor, [39] Connor Idun
HB [6] Lachie Whitfield, [44] Jack Buckley, [36] Harry Perryman
C [17] Finn Callaghan, [12] Tom Green, [22] Josh Kelly
HF [16] Brent Daniels, [5] Aaron Cadman, [13] Isaac Cumming
FF [2] Darcy Jones, [23] Jesse Hogan, [4] Toby Greene
FOL [32] Kieren Briggs, [3] Stephen Coniglio, [20] James Peatling

IC [8] Callan Ward, [7] Lachie Ash, [31] Toby McMullin, [25] Lachlan Keeffe

Replace McMullin with Bedford, and that’s Kingsley’s team if we play Sydney in the Grand Final, and perhaps until then if we make it.

As expected, the Lions won last night, keeping Carlton scoreless until the 25th minute of the second quarter. We were without Briggs, Coniglio, and Cumming at the Gabba in Round 22, replacing them with Thomas, Gruzewski and X. I think Thomas might be recalled as the sub, given he played in both winning games this year against Brisbane. Even if certain players were quiet against the Swans I can’t see the point in making any other changes, unless there are unknown injuries as of writing.

We’ve got the game plan and the players, Giants, so keep believing in yourselves, because we do.

Get the job done against the Lions.

Whilst we have won both our home & away games against Brisbane this year, Brisbane made the GF last year and were one dubious umpiring decision away from being the 2023 premiers. They are going to be tough to beat.

This is going to be our 4th ever final at Giants Stadium, and since that infamous VFL assisted narrow loss to the Bulldogs in 2016, we have comfortably won the other Giants stadium finals against West Coast and the 2019 Bulldogs.

Yes, lucky we have a second chance, and hopefully Kingsley and the leadership group, will learn and recover from the heartbreaking loss against the Sydney.

Preparing to grab some tickets is a pleasant cathartic task. Helps shift the focus to Saturday and another opportunity to support our boys.
Yep, watching the countdown on Ticketmaster, peaceful.

Had to get parking at P1 because ibis hotel parking gone, if you are driving I would suggest getting on now and get your spot.

Are you going dlanod ?

Wearing a mixture of kits? 😉
Lions kit, sorry guys. I was absolutely heartbroken at that Sydney comeback, given a win there meant the earliest the two could meet would've been the GF.

The daughters are threatening to mix and match, which is funny.

Preparing to grab some tickets is a pleasant cathartic task. Helps shift the focus to Saturday and another opportunity to support our boys.
Thanks for the reminder! :O

Had to get parking at P1 because ibis hotel parking gone, if you are driving I would suggest getting on now and get your spot.
Concert on at Accor so if you're driving, absolutely book ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the Ticketmaster waiting room for now, looks like we enter the queue at random.

Fun times.
I think it's been like that since last year - they've just done a better job explaining it this year.

Started at ~1300, now ~800.

Got mine - funnily enough very close to where my wife and my Foundation tickets were. We've come in a complete circle (but at least this is a night game).

Got mine, not the biggest fan of not being able to choose our preferred bays.

Got upper level stand, second last row. Not too sure how I ended up all the way back there, wish I realised before completing my purchase!

Happy I am upper level in the members stands, though, as I like a birds eye view of games.

Got mine, not the biggest fan of not being able to choose our preferred bays.

Got upper level stand, second last row. Not too sure how I ended up all the way back there, wish I realised before completing my purchase!

Happy I am upper level in the members stands, though.
Seems the lower bays behind the goals went quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back