Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst we have won both our home & away games against Brisbane this year, Brisbane made the GF last year and were one dubious umpiring decision away from being the 2023 premiers. They are going to be tough to beat.

This is going to be our 4th ever final at Giants Stadium, and since that infamous VFL assisted narrow loss to the Bulldogs in 2016, we have comfortably won the other Giants stadium finals against West Coast and the 2019 Bulldogs.

Yes, lucky we have a second chance, and hopefully Kingsley and the leadership group, will learn and recover from the heartbreaking loss against the Sydney.
For such a well worded post I will take you off ignore early.
A warning though do not go early against the Lions.
Or
IMG_1859.gif

Here's one for you @Dianod

View attachment 2105931
sick ew GIF by Andrew Foy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wished we could select a Bay we want!!
Would be great if it was a sellout, but likely not.
Would also be nice if some of the decent respectful real Swans who are fans of AFL came along to enjoy the game.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The trick is to log in and get a bay you're very happy with first go. I can't believe the rest of you didn't try this! It worked perfectly for me.

I’m excited for this game.
A huge test for the playing and coaching groups.
They put the cue in the rack a bit early on Saturday and took their eyes off a few key opponents late.
I would have loved Connor Idun to step forward and draw front-on contact or better yet drive a knee into Papley and take the mark in the contest that lead to the Heeney long goal. Not blaming him for the result at all, but I sensed the effort reflected the slight drop in ferocity across the team in Q4
Expecting it won’t happen again and we get the full 4 quarters this week.

If we were playing a Melbourne team I have no doubt it would sell out.
I'd have doubts - one of the big ones, for sure, but the Dogs didn't sell out last time despite the rivalry and I doubt the likes of the Saints or NM would either.

Public access have the option to ‘select tickets on map’ but you run the risk of missing out on the section you want by doing that.

As we know with Ticketmaster from other big matches at the stadium, it’s also really hard to get a read on how ticket sales are tracking. They tend to block out entire bays up front but then release more as the week goes on. As it stands right now, the entire Cumberland Stand is greyed out, so I’m not sure if it has even been opened up at this at this point? If not, that would be a little concerning for both the overall crowd projection and the tv optics.

If we were playing a Melbourne team I have no doubt it would sell out. That said, Brisbane will still have a decent contingent turning up and guessing plenty of Members will come up from Canberra.

20,000 would be a good turnout.
The crowds for the 3 finals ever played at Giants Stadium were 21,790 vs the 2016 Bulldogs (the 2nd highest crowd ever at GS), 19,218 vs the 2019 Bulldogs and 14,865 vs West Coast in 2017. We are probably unlikely to beat the 2016 final crowd, but should beat the crowd we got for the West Coast final. We have only ever got a crowd of more than 20,000 just 5 times in Giants Stadium (out of 96 matches we have played there), with the last time being the Original Round match against Collingwood this year.

Public access have the option to ‘select tickets on map’ but you run the risk of missing out on the section you want by doing that.

As we know with Ticketmaster from other big matches at the stadium, it’s also really hard to get a read on how ticket sales are tracking. They tend to block out entire bays up front but then release more as the week goes on. As it stands right now, the entire Cumberland Stand is greyed out, so I’m not sure if it has even been opened up at this at this point? If not, that would be a little concerning for both the overall crowd projection and the tv optics.
There are only a couple of "patches" of tickets and scattered singles remaining - if the current seat status is accurate.
They should be releasing the Cumberland and Sinclair stands soon.

Mrs Z and I will be there folks; you will recognise us as she’ll be fully decked out in orange while I’ll be sitting there reluctantly clapping whenever you do something good.

Nah just kidding, I can’t wait for this one. Love Giants stadium and I’m looking forward to seeing my first final there. The atmosphere should be awesome. Good luck, I’m quietly hopeful that you can put them away early and win easing down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back