Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s deemed Cat 1 though, so $101 for an adult ticket… ouch. That will scare some people away who are browsing and on the fence about going.
They need to make the tickets cheaper.
How much do AFL officials get paid, how much do they actually do.
I mean, who else was going to employ Ned Guy, and Gils mate Simon Lethlean is now a self-employed "consultant".

Last edited:

Is there much publicity in the Sydney media? Radio/TV/paper/billboard/internet?

Plenty. Daily/near daily publicity on TV/news/internet.

Not sure about billboard as I haven't seen it, though, I also haven't driven around lately.

Radio I haven't been listening to so am not sure.

Last edited:
This is great info, I've wondered it for years, where did you find it from, if you don't mind me asking?

I counted the seats on the Ticketmaster map, bay by bay. I'd done it previously, I think for a home and away game, but this time there is more detail in the map (mainly the rooms).

What I counted previously, I double-checked this time. The total number of seats shown on the map, at least according to the count, is 22,530.

Giant YoYo shared above that the club has indicated the capacity for footy is 22,500 rather than the Austadiums website figure of 23,500.

The club's figure basically matches the seat count except that standing room, the away cheer squad area and corporate suites are not included in the count (because the map shows no detail for these).

Head to ENGIE Stadium on Saturday night for the semi-final blockbuster between GWS GIANTS & Brisbane Lions with this special offer...

$50 family ticket (2 Adults, 2 Juniors under 15)*

Get in quick! Use the offer code: FINALSFAMILYPLAYAFL
*Additional Ticketmaster transaction fee will apply. Offer subject to availability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head to ENGIE Stadium on Saturday night for the semi-final blockbuster between GWS GIANTS & Brisbane Lions with this special offer...

$50 family ticket (2 Adults, 2 Juniors under 15)*

Get in quick! Use the offer code: FINALSFAMILYPLAYAFL
*Additional Ticketmaster transaction fee will apply. Offer subject to availability.
Hopefully this gets out to the public, everyone here I would hazard a guess has a ticket.

AFL360 last night during the Toby Greene interview had that Engie was set to be a sellout for Saturday night.

I was thinking with the current rate of sales it might get close, but fall short, but with that latest promotion it may push it over the line.

Fingers crossed it does sellout.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview First Semi-Final – GWS Giants vs Brisbane Lions, Saturday September 14, 7.40pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back