News Fit-again Buckley ready to fire

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont get why Buckley gets such a bad rap of people Toovey disposal is terrible just watch him in GF2 and see how many times he gave it to a Stkilda player dont see him copping a bad rap

I was at the game Friday night and watched Johnson for a whole quarter he looked to be struggling always a fair bit behind his opponent gave away alot of free kicks stupid ones

Was surprised with how Buckley defended his very strong quick and his kicking is pretty good he would be a better kick then BJ

The only reason Buckley didnt get a game last year and this was from someone inside the club is because of what happend with his Ex the club punished him very hard for this and his stuck with it and continued to train hard

was much better in Round 2.

Interestingly the commentators also noted that he had over 30 disposables in his lat 2 AFL games for Melbourne and that injury killed him just when he was coming good.

I think he is excellent depth.

I see him as a depth player, putting pressure on other players for a spot. I expect he'll play a few games due to injury/form during the year, but I don't see him as in our best 22.

Injuries and form slumps happen to all teams every year. Nathan Brown and Tyson Goldsack, to name just a few, are premiership players because of injury/form slumps to other players.
True, but those players already had a fair few games for the Pies under their belts and were right on the edge of selection, I don't feel Buckley is that close (even though he was named as a substitute a lot last year). That's not to say he can't be either but he's going to have to prove it in the VFL and not only have players from the starting 22 not playing, but also jump the next guys in line. I hope he can make it and get some confidence up.

Before the Swans game I really couldn't see Buckley getting a game this year but I have to admit I'm warming to the idea. He still has a way to go but I suspect he's a confidence player. His decision making ability seemed to improve from round 1 to round 2 to an extent that you can imagine that given a clear run at it (say 3 or 4 games on the trot) he might just gain enough confidence to make decisions without the second-guessing we're used to seeing from him. On Saturday I didn't see anywhere near the amount of hesitation from him that he showed in round 1 and you've got to say that's a big improvement.

Like most of our young guys, and this is what i love about our team at the moment is that if he gets a chance he will do everything in his power to keep it(ala blair) and keep someone(eg. johnson) out of the team.....Alot like last year with medhurst,tarks,fraser....

I think he needs to be given a chance as well as time before judgement can be made.

The club has faith he can make it and his game against the swans for me was his most impressive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Fit-again Buckley ready to fire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back