Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The good old VFL strikes again.

In reality, the AFL are partially fining themselves. Got to think that they are still upset over Charlie getting off.

Not fining Geelong for Jeremy Cameron, saying everything was fine, just shows they just make stuff up. Amazingly Cameron got an 'unexpected' delayed concussion.

This is the comments from the AFL in regards to Carlton over the McKay concussion - can someone who has better skills than me, post the AFL investigation to Brisbane (currently up on the AFL website)and tell me how they are different in regards to Brisbane’s response and Carlton’s response - both clubs say their doctors were involved with players at the time including Andrew’s.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.png
    IMG_0063.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 50
This is the comments from the AFL in regards to Carlton over the McKay concussion - can someone who has better skills than me, post the AFL investigation to Brisbane (currently up on the AFL website)and tell me how they are different in regards to Brisbane’s response and Carlton’s response - both clubs say their doctors were involved with players at the time including Andrew’s.
Ever since Laura Kane turned up the AFL issues gobbledegook with overly defensive versions of the dog ate my homework.

Last edited:
Apparently we had some carryover from an HIA incident in the AFLW finals last year. Bit of a reach IMO but they make their own rules.

Apparently we had some carryover from an HIA incident in the AFLW finals last year. Bit of a reach IMO but they make their own rules.
They made it pretty clear, $10K of it was a suspended fine when the Conway incident happened. There's another $10K suspended fine in this too [10K AFLW fine, 20K Andrews fine, 10K suspended fine if it occurs in AFL/AFLW again]

Ever since Laura Kane turned up the AFL issues gobbledegook with overly defensive versions of the dog ate my homework.
This is the same administration that announced that ex Hawthorn player Michael Porter was dead at the Hall of Fame dinner. After being informed he was alive, they said that they apologised to all affected including Michael and thanked him for his understanding. The only thing was that apparently the AFL never spoke to him.

Are we living in a simulation?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did she make you look silly in court once?
She’s a mess of an administrator and that’s plain to see. Listen to her talking down to every football person and her interpretations are just nonsensical and she’s just plain wrong and a liar. I’m sure you’d like to argue about that that would lead you to think it’s personal.

I would like to know what the AFL does with these fines.
I think it's ridiculous any club is fined for such an event. Punitive penalties don't help an in-game administrative error achieves nothing to help the players long term health (and may be detrimental if it comes out of soft-cap).
The AFL should have a system in place that such a notification cannot be "missed" - this is ultimately about protecting the players.

I would like to know what the AFL does with these fines.
I think it's ridiculous any club is fined for such an event. Punitive penalties don't help an in-game administrative error achieves nothing to help the players long term health (and may be detrimental if it comes out of soft-cap).
The AFL should have a system in place that such a notification cannot be "missed" - this is ultimately about protecting the players.
I’m reading it’s a text message or something? Rather than actually being told by someone. Don’t know how that system makes sense if concussion is actually important to the AFL.

Perhaps what is important is not so much the concussion or the player per se but that the AFL is seen to be doing it's part to discourage concussions ... even if such sights might seem to the casual observer to have a disparate enforcement element with a strong correlation to geographical location and journalistic clout.

Headline 'Dwayne Russell’s fixture plea to Laura Kane and Andrew Dillon'

Me thinking it was something about fairness or equity or playing everyone once first or people who never leave home or never visit places etc ... nope it is the evil of evilist evil of games being scheduled at the same time in different locations when Thu night was empty...

Sigh I got click baited 😞

When is the fixture for our last game being released? I need to organise something else that weekend but don’t know when to do it because we don’t have a fixture. Or am I missing something?

God the AFL is annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back