Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

WB v GWS, Lions v Dons, or Freo v Port is most likely for the Friday game I reckon
Don't think it'll be WB vs. GWS unless Ballarat has appropriate light towers and Freo vs. Port will probably be played at Sunday twilight as the climax.

Reckon it will be Brisbane vs. Essendon (Saturday Night) - Melbourne vs. Collingwood (Friday Night) Ch7 matches.

Freo Port might be held to the Sunday as they want to leave the drama right to the end. Same with Dogs vs GWS

Saturday will get all the meaningless games that likely won't change any results. I suspect ours might end up in that bucket
Ch7 will probably host the Bulldogs vs. Giants match in sunday afternoon slot, so that would leave:

FRIDAY
Melbourne vs. Collingwood (7.10pm) (MCG)*

SATURDAY
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (1.40pm) - (UTAS)
Sydney vs. Adelaide (1.45pm) - (SCG)
Geelong vs. West Coast (4.35pm) - (GHMBA)
Carlton vs. St. Kilda (7.20pm) - (Marvel)
Brisbane vs. Essendon (7.40pm) - (GABBA)*

SUNDAY
Richmond vs. Gold Coast (12.40pm) - (MCG)
Western Bulldogs vs. GWS (2.50pm) - (Ballarat)*
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide (4.40pm) - (OPTUS)

* - Channel 7 Matches

Ch7 will probably host the Bulldogs vs. Giants match in sunday afternoon slot, so that would leave:

FRIDAY
Melbourne vs. Collingwood (7.10pm) (MCG)*

SATURDAY
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (1.40pm) - (UTAS)
Sydney vs. Adelaide (1.45pm) - (SCG)
Geelong vs. West Coast (4.35pm) - (GHMBA)
Carlton vs. St. Kilda (7.20pm) - (Marvel)
Brisbane vs. Essendon (7.40pm) - (GABBA)*

SUNDAY
Richmond vs. Gold Coast (12.40pm) - (MCG)
Western Bulldogs vs. GWS (2.50pm) - (Ballarat)*
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide (4.40pm) - (OPTUS)

* - Channel 7 Matches
Pretty underwhelming final Round really.

If the AFL is considering Dees v Pies or Lions v Dons for Friday night, as the Herald Sun suggested a few weeks ago, surely our game would make more sense?
It would, but given that the AFL probably doesn't want Carlton and Collingwood matches being played simultaneously as they are biggest Victorian clubs, can see one of them being moved to the Friday night slot (to please broadcasters) and our match on Saturday night away from Melbourne market.

When is the fixture for our last game being released? I need to organise something else that weekend but don’t know when to do it because we don’t have a fixture. Or am I missing something?

God the AFL is annoying.

Mike whiting posted in the roar deal members Facebook that the club is expecting a sat arvo/twilight game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I can finally stop listening to BT, Brayshaw and Darcy. Problem is, does that mean the only alternative will be the likes of Kelly Underwood, Ricciuto, Brereton, Dwayne Russell calling games from a studio in Melbourne? I hope that Fox employs local commentators and in the very least call games at the ground.

Here we go - the AFL has gone full NBC on us now. So in other words, people getting promoted given opportunity purely based on their gender / background and thats not discrimiating?

Perhaps I spoke too soon and BT and Brayshaw are good for the game with this absurd announcement. Cue the mute button. Another genuius move by the imbecile that is Laura Kane.

Here we go - the AFL has gone full NBC on us now. So in other words, people getting promoted given opportunity purely based on their gender / background and thats not discrimiating?

Perhaps I spoke too soon and BT and Brayshaw are good for the game with this absurd announcement. Cue the mute button. Another genuius move by the imbecile that is Laura Kane.

I think you're contradicting your own point in this post

My first reaction to this was great. The standard of commentary is atrocious, its very clear that almost no-one in the system is appointment by merit. So anything to improve it would be a good idea.

Then I realised most of the best commentators are older white males. And then there is a heap of crappy boys club ex-players who are also mostly older white males. I think its pretty clear which one the broadcasters will stick with, and its not going to be the better commentators

Charlie Cameron plays game #150 for the Lions against GWS after playing 73 with the Crows and qualifies for Lions Life Membership and in his 7 years at the club, has only missed 10 games.

On top of all of that, he's clearly brought tens of thousands to the Gabba and lit it up with Harley Charlie, Country Roads and everything else that puts bums on seats.

Darcy Wilmot also plays game #50 having made his debut in the Final against Richmond and has not missed a single game since debut.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back