Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO the brand of footy we are currently playing is the most sustainable ie. will stand up under finals/GF pressure we have played under Fagan?

Do others agree the last couple of months of footy is the best we have played under Fagan?

Another random question, on one of the footy shows(IIRC First Crack) one of panellists was saying that Cam Rayner in his current form is now our most important player come finals as he provides a point of difference and is a match turner.

Is he or is it still one of Neale/Andrews/McCluggage/Daniher?

IMO the brand of footy we are currently playing is the most sustainable ie. will stand up under finals/GF pressure we have played under Fagan?

Do others agree the last couple of months of footy is the best we have played under Fagan?

Another random question, on one of the footy shows(IIRC First Crack) one of panellists was saying that Cam Rayner in his current form is now our most important player come finals as he provides a point of difference and is a match turner.

Is he or is it still one of Neale/Andrews/McCluggage/Daniher?
I think the last 2-3 weeks have absolutely as well as the Port Adelaide & Bulldogs games since the bye. However some of our performances at the Gabba have been far from our best. Need to elevate another level at home, our away performances for the most part have been really impressive to watch.

I think the last 2-3 weeks have absolutely as well as the Port Adelaide & Bulldogs games since the bye. However some of our performances at the Gabba have been far from our best. Need to elevate another level at home, our away performances for the most part have been really impressive to watch.
I agree, a dominant win at home against a contender would be handy.
Looks like the game is pretty much another sell out just some single seats left available pretty much.

I'd like to see us have a 20+ point win on the weekend without being stressed out in the last quarter.
I would love to see the opposite result of the game against them earlier in the year.

I would love to see the opposite result of the game against them earlier in the year.
Just had another look at the time line of that game, the 2nd half score was.

Giants 9-7-61 v Lions 2-3-15. :eek:

Looking at scoring shots it could have ended up worse than the 54 point flogging we copped that day.

Just had another look at the time line of that game, the 2nd half score was.

Giants 9-7-61 v Lions 2-3-15. :eek:

Looking at scoring shots it could have ended up worse than the 54 point flogging we copped that day.

You're not going to believe this:

1722927449135.png

Lions v Dons, Rd. 24, will be on Saturday night according to the Herald Sun.
If we have 1st or 2nd wrapped up before the game I wonder if we manage some players?

It would be a good problem to have but with the pre finals bye 3 weeks without a game before the QF could be too long a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Gunna be a Victorian team on Friday night.
And can't see two MCG matches being played on the Saturday (Richmond vs. Gold Coast & Melbourne vs. Collingwood).

And can't see two MCG matches being played on the Saturday (Richmond vs. Gold Coast & Melbourne vs. Collingwood).

Yeah Jay clark hasn't got that one correct - I've seen melbourne v collingwood talked about as the friday night which is the deadest of dead rubbers.

Yeah Jay clark hasn't got that one correct - I've seen melbourne v collingwood talked about as the friday night which is the deadest of dead rubbers.
Fairfax/9 seems to have the correct, or most likely correct, Round 24 fixture:

Friday night: Dees v Pies
Saturday noon: Hawks v Roos
Saturday twilight: Tigers v GC [Dusty farewell]
Saturday twilight: Cats v Eagles [Tomahawk farewell]
Saturday night: Lions v Dons
Saturday night: Swans v Crows
Sunday noon: Bulldogs v GWS
Sunday arvo: Blues v Saints
Sunday twilight/evening: Dockers v Port

Fairfax/9 seems to have the correct, or most likely correct, Round 24 fixture:
Maybe I’m petty…
But gee, I’d love to see both Melbourne and Collingwood lose big over the next two weeks.
An AFL Friday night “blockbuster” that becomes a dead rubber would a joy to behold.
A half empty MCG and players with nothing to play for. 😂

It was only a matter of time before insurance companies had a say in concussion.
Clark revealed the three players who, prior to the change, recently benefitted from seven-figure payouts.

“Some players have received massive payouts under this old policy, which has changed. Three players in particular have received $1 million payouts.”

Former Sydney defender Paddy McCartin, ex-Brisbane backman Marcus Adams and Adelaide wingman Paul Seedsman were the beneficiaries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back