Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the estimated financial impact of winning a premiership has for a club? Obviously, different sized clubs would see different levels of revenue uptick, but surely when it comes to merch, membership, sponsorship, fixturing and direct prize money it would be pretty significant.

Just wondering whether we would have an opportunity to wipe the Net 4 million dollar debt Andrew Wellington mentioned the club was in at the live Roar Deal podcast this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe how many people think that if a player qualifies the father/son/daughter and academies, they are automatically going to that team. The player has the choice not the team.
Almost all do though, so it's not an unreasonable point of discussion.

Bit of a confession; I’ve never been able to watch a replay of the 23 GF loss having been at the game and feeling like I had my heart ripped out in the manner we lost, but having now won this year, as stupid as this may sound, I’m actually mentally ready and curious to do so and somewhat interested to see some of those great goals and overall how we took it up to the Pies.

I think psychologically that game scarred me to the point I was worried that we may not ever win one given how hard they are to win, but last weeks win was the tipping point to now re-watching the game.

Not sure how many of you have ever watched the replay and those that haven’t, are you reconsidering it?

Bit of a confession; I’ve never been able to watch a replay of the 23 GF loss having been at the game and feeling like I had my heart ripped out in the manner we lost, but having now won this year, as stupid as this may sound, I’m actually mentally ready and curious to do so and somewhat interested to see some of those great goals and overall how we took it up to the Pies.

I think psychologically that game scarred me to the point I was worried that we may not ever win one given how hard they are to win, but last weeks win was the tipping point to now re-watching the game.

Not sure how many of you have ever watched the replay and those that haven’t, are you reconsidering it?
I went to the 2023 GF as well and have also never re watched it, have never had the desire to. More likely to now, maybe I'll have my first re watch of the 2004 GF as well.:think:

However I will be re watching our demolition of the Swans a few more times before seriously considering it.

I had the same thoughts 2 days after the GF win. Same, have not been able to watch 2023 but think I will now be up for it. I was there for it (and the other 5 GF's) and it was a great game right down to the last 2 minutes:'(

I had the same thoughts 2 days after the GF win. Same, have not been able to watch 2023 but think I will now be up for it. I was there for it (and the other 5 GF's) and it was a great game right down to the last 2 minutes:'(
And that’s just it; I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve heard the talking footy heads on TV and people in generally tell me that it was the best the GF ever and I’m like that’s great, but it was the worst game of my life. As I said I’m genuinely curious now and pretty comfortable to now watching it safe in the knowledge we won it this year. 👊

Last Friday night/Sat morning Fox Footy's grand final marathon started with the 2002, 2005, 1970 and 2023 GFs. I watched up until Bailey's second, magnificent goal and then had to go to bed -- I assume we won it, we were well on top at that stage

Last Friday night/Sat morning Fox Footy's grand final marathon started with the 2002, 2005, 1970 and 2023 GFs. I watched up until Bailey's second, magnificent goal and then had to go to bed -- I assume we won it, we were well on top at that stage

Yeah I’ve watched up to the point we had a 13 point lead and never beyond.

As a side note being at the ground this year was unsurprisingly light years a better atmosphere with Sydney fans than last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back