Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I haven’t seen the comments Nunez. Where was it posted?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He actually made a couple. Some around the Black Lives Matter protests.

Then more recently, when the Aged Care report was handed down, blamed all the bad behaviour on Indian staff.

I immediately pulled him up on that comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a mod, Dylan was never pulled up for posting negative comments. I might disagree with his overreactions and opinions and express such, but I also repeatedly stood up for him when others were telling him to go support other clubs. This was not an issue.

Dylan was warned many times over the years for insulting and belittling those who would reply to his with a difference of opinion. I'm sure he will disagree with this but the mods have frequently deleted his posts, messaged him, warned him and even infracted him over this behaviour. Some posters will undoubtedly claim they never saw this behaviour, but I will point out that we delete posts precisely so that people don't have to be exposed to that kind of behaviour.

Generally he would improve on that front for some period of time. We also tended to cut him a lot more slack than others because of his tenure here and providing value to board.

However at some point we have to accept that this kind of repeated behaviour is simply not acceptable.
[/QUOTE]
I would be interested to learn what 'many times" actually was. I assume you have records of this. Frequently ? Once again can you give us the stats on how many times his posts were deleted. The messages warning him and the infractions should be an easy get.

I don't want this site to be an echo chamber. Jackess firmly believes that anyone who doesn't follows his opinions knows nothing about footy. He has stated that all the media know little about the game. OK he may be right but many of his opinions I find silly but I have given him many likes, probably more than I have given Dylan12.

I would be disappointed if Jackess was banned. I mean who else believes that a player can play a game and not get a kick but still be a great player (Jackess I am taking the p..s).

I did do that report thing on posts describing posts from youneverknow22. The posts from youneverknow22 were described as imbecilic (and other similar terms) which you must agree is insulting to the poster. This was not considered a problem. He is open game (I rarely agree with his posts by the way) and I hope he doesn't get banned.

As a mod, Dylan was never pulled up for posting negative comments. I might disagree with his overreactions and opinions and express such, but I also repeatedly stood up for him when others were telling him to go support other clubs. This was not an issue.

Dylan was warned many times over the years for insulting and belittling those who would reply to his with a difference of opinion. I'm sure he will disagree with this but the mods have frequently deleted his posts, messaged him, warned him and even infracted him over this behaviour. Some posters will undoubtedly claim they never saw this behaviour, but I will point out that we delete posts precisely so that people don't have to be exposed to that kind of behaviour.

Generally he would improve on that front for some period of time. We also tended to cut him a lot more slack than others because of his tenure here and providing value to board.

However at some point we have to accept that this kind of repeated behaviour is simply not acceptable.
I would be interested to learn what 'many times" actually was. I assume you have records of this. Frequently ? Once again can you give us the stats on how many times his posts were deleted. The messages warning him and the infractions should be an easy get.

I don't want this site to be an echo chamber. Jackess firmly believes that anyone who doesn't follows his opinions knows nothing about footy. He has stated that all the media know little about the game. OK he may be right but many of his opinions I find silly but I have given him many likes, probably more than I have given Dylan12.

I would be disappointed if Jackess was banned. I mean who else believes that a player can play a game and not get a kick but still be a great player (Jackess I am taking the p..s).

I did do that report thing on posts describing posts from youneverknow22. The posts from youneverknow22 were described as imbecilic (and other similar terms) which you must agree is insulting to the poster. This was not considered a problem. He is open game (I rarely agree with his posts by the way) and I hope he doesn't get banned.
[/QUOTE]
Thoughtful perspective Phil.

Though you must admit how badly have we gone since McStay got injured ?

[/QUOTE]

I clashed with half a dozen posters last Friday around my hesitance over Sharp being selected.

I think I've still got a reputation as being a contrarian.

What gets boring is someone who's default position is that the club is run by idiots until one leaves and then he becomes a genius.

I firmly believe this but if someone perpetuates a narrative based on wilful ignorance based on preconceived opinions then he doesn't add much. Even worse when he's combative about it

“Intelligence is measured by a person’s ability to see validity within both sides of contradicting arguments.”
— F. Scott Fitzgerald

[/QUOTE]
Realy. Sorry who are you?

Realy. Sorry who are you?
[/QUOTE]
Excuse me if I should know but who are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back