Free Agency Compensation must be abolished

Remove this Banner Ad

it's pretty easy

band 1 is directly after your original round 1 pick
band 2 is the end of round 1
band 3 is directly after your original round 2 pick
band 4 is the end of round 2

and so on

Yeah I read that. Doesn’t say anywhere that compensation picks are directly after a clubs draft pick but i guess it appears that way.

it's pretty easy

band 1 is directly after your original round 1 pick
band 2 is the end of round 1
band 3 is directly after your original round 2 pick
band 4 is the end of round 2

and so on
Simple change then. Band 1 is now officially band 2. Remove the first bracket and slide everything down.

3 highest paid free agents give picks 19,20,21 to the clubs that lose them.

Then it gets into band 2/3 and so on

Perryman could have been paid more than battle, but GWS get a worse pick because they were more successful? If say Toby Greene signed a 7 year 13 mill contract with the pies, battle would still give more compensation to the saints and on half the salary!. Doesn’t make any sense.

Simple change then. Band 1 is now officially band 2. Remove the first bracket and slide everything down.

3 highest paid free agents give picks 19,20,21 to the clubs that lose them.

Then it gets into band 2/3 and so on

Perryman could have been paid more than battle, but GWS get a worse pick because they were more successful? If say Toby Greene signed a 7 year 13 mill contract with the pies, battle would still give more compensation to the saints and on half the salary!. Doesn’t make any sense.
doesn't make sense that Brisbane will get the no.1 pick for cheap straight after winning the flag, which includes at best pick 18 onwards, 2 years after Daicos who again was probably the best kid in the draft goes for a combination of pick less that the value of pick 4, after Pies traded out of the draft to skirt the cost
or the GCS picked up 4 players in the top 25 after trading out 1 pick into the following year and using 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks to pay for them all

I don't see a thread whinging about that, but St Kilda, must whinge about them getting something

I dont mind some compensation for some things. A pure draft every year will mean that the poor teams will never rise up.
A pure draft and a salary cap gives clubs equal chance of rising up, if a club is well run

It's the fs, academy, compensation and priority picks that compromise this

Free agency shouldn't, as clubs all have to work under the same cap (reality is it will have some affect).

doesn't make sense that Brisbane will get the no.1 pick for cheap straight after winning the flag, which includes at best pick 18 onwards, 2 years after Daicos who again was probably the best kid in the draft goes for a combination of pick less that the value of pick 4, after Pies traded out of the draft to skirt the cost
or the GCS picked up 4 players in the top 25 after trading out 1 pick into the following year and using 2nd 3rd and 4th round picks to pay for them all

I don't see a thread whinging about that, but St Kilda, must whinge about them getting something
I have no issue with Lions getting a fs - but they should have to give up their first round for him.

The fact they are premiers is just lucky, and wouldn't happen often.

I'll say it again, abolish points, clubs have to use next available pick (or 1 directly above) on a fs/acad - and you can't trade out/down.

Nominations / bids are done / locked in pre-draft.

This way no club is ever moved down the draft order because of a fs or academy pick

Hold players, yes. And they should do that more often.

Trade without consent, hell to the no. What about the players' kids and partner? There's a reason this shit only goes on in the USA, where even ordinary players are paid millions, and workers' rights are an afterthought.
Ordinary player's already are getting paid millions in our game.
When the average salary is $450k I see no issue with it. Ordinary people move their family across country for much much less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agency Compensation must be abolished

Remove this Banner Ad

Back