Fremantle v Sydney GDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as often as Sydney threw the ball though. F**king disgraceful umpiring today. Sydney better hope if they have to come here in the finals that they bring the same umps with them.

Pretty proud of the way our youngsters fought out the game today. Some of our senior players need to take a long hard look at themselves though.

The sooner the last of our old soft era players are gone and the Harvey era youngsters are our leaders the better off this club will be. Excluding Sandi obviously, and Pav too I guess, though he's been shocking for one reason or another lately.

In the end if Duffield's kick had hit the mark we would have won. That's how finely balanced that game was.
Freo got by far the better end of the umpiring. That 50 in the last qtr for Bradley's goal in the square screamed of rigged.

Hayden and Duffield have a lot to answer for when the game was on the line at the end. Senior players and they let us down.

I don't know if I want to watch a replay, but that 3rd quarter in particular was the most disgraceful CHEATING display of umpiring I have witnessed in a long time, and I am usually very good at judging the umpires objectively. Its often the way with that bald maggot with #3 on his back, he is nothing but a cheat. They stopped our domination of a quarter and we would have been 3-4 goals in front at 3/4 time if it wasn't for the umpires.

Sydney dominated the whole game, but the guys managed to stay in touch for the entire time. Realistically, they should have won by a fair bit more than they did.

For the second week in a row, we had half a back line, a depleted midfield and no forward line. We really should have taken a page out of the Collingwood book and rotated players earlier in the season in my opinion. A fair few of our guys look tired, plus it would have given depth players like Walters a chance earlier on.

Clarke competed well, but Mumford is the second best ruck in the league for a reason. There is only one player in the AFL who could challenge him for strength, and Sandilands didn't play.

Schammer wasn't too bad, but he wasn't great either. Apart from that awful kick in the second term, he didn't have any shockers. But when you're playing your second game for the season and players are about to return from injury, you need to do a lot more than what he did.

Freo got by far the better end of the umpiring. That 50 in the last qtr for Bradley's goal in the square screamed of rigged.

The vast majority of every scoring chance Sydney had in the third quarter was the direct result of blatant errors from the umpires. Their holding the ball adjudication was beyond pathetic. The umps did their usual and evened it up a little in the last quarter.

Hayden and Duffield have a lot to answer for when the game was on the line at the end. Senior players and they let us down.

I don't know if I want to watch a replay, but that 3rd quarter in particular was the most disgraceful CHEATING display of umpiring I have witnessed in a long time, and I am usually very good at judging the umpires objectively. Its often the way with that bald maggot with #3 on his back, he is nothing but a cheat. They stopped our domination of a quarter and we would have been 3-4 goals in front at 3/4 time if it wasn't for the umpires.
be realistic. Dont think they cheated, but got alot of obviuos errors.

Its often the way with that bald maggot with #3 on his back, he is nothing but a cheat.

Would he be the one we made look stupid during the sirengate episode? (I don't really pay attention to the numbers the umps wear)

Ever since then I cringe every time I see him umpiring a Freo game.

Meh, don't care about the umpires.

What shat me was the half efforts of the senior players. Some of them seem to think they've done their bit for the year.

Disapointing result yes. Not good enough by a few too many players.
The sort of result you might expect from a side placed top half of bottom 8. ie: 9th or 10th.
In reality IMHO that's where Freo are. The best 22 is capable of playing game winning football. When they dip into the list though they are exposed.
Sometimes it is not only the amount of players a side has out, but the type of players that make the difference. Fremantle's systems & structure are compromised too much at the moment because of the personnel out and the lack of depth to replace them.
It's not an excuse. It is reality. It is where Fremantle are at.
IMHO.

Would he be the one we made look stupid during the sirengate episode? (I don't really pay attention to the numbers the umps wear)

Nah that was 15, Nicholls. He umpired us last week too. I think I've seen him at over 50% of our games.

McBurney is #3. His buddies today followed his lead nicely as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the worst display Hayden has ever dished up in the AFL. He was disgraceful.

Umps didn't cost us the game, Nicholls was shocking for both teams.

Liked the game from Jesse, Robbo & son son.

Mora needs a rest

I hope they don't drop Clarke. He made some fair efforts today - chased and tackled. Second most tackles for Freo IIRC. He was up against a bloke who almost has a beer gut.

If you're going to drop a tall to bring Sandi in then piss Johnson off. Clarke's already starting to look more developed than him.

Disapointing result yes. Not good enough by a few too many players.
The sort of result you might expect from a side placed top half of bottom 8. ie: 9th or 10th.
In reality IMHO that's where Freo are. The best 22 is capable of playing game winning football. When they dip into the list though they are exposed.
Sometimes it is not only the amount of players a side has out, but the type of players that make the difference. Fremantle's systems & structure are compromised too much at the moment because of the personnel out and the lack of depth to replace them.
It's not an excuse. It is reality. It is where Fremantle are at.
IMHO.
this

my first thought after the game was 'we're done for the year' but if we can get a couple of those key players back then things can turn around pretty quickly

I hope they don't drop Clarke. He made some fair efforts today - chased and tackled. Second most tackles for Freo IIRC. He was up against a bloke who almost has a beer gut.

If you're going to drop a tall to bring Sandi in then piss Johnson off. Clarke's already starting to look more developed than him.

Yep, I agree. Mumford is THE form ruckman in the AFL atm.

be realistic. Dont think they cheated, but got alot of obviuos errors.

Yeah both teams had a few wins with the umps and and it follows that both were victimized at times. Throwing the ball is the forgotten free kick, every game you see at least 10 that could be payed.
Both teams disposed of it incorrectly on numerous occasions today and weren't pulled up for it.

Some strange opinions in this thread.
I thought Ibbo was good, same Mora and Suban played well in the back half then nearly kicked the winning goal.
Roberton was terrific, Walters showed why he's so highly rated. Clarke did some ok things in the ruck but didn't hold one mark.
Broughton and Bradley were superb. DeBoer very good. Mundy and Pav were soundly beaten in the stoppages.
I thought the decision to play Hill in the backline was more or less conceding that contest. Didn't understand that.
In the end were beaten all day but still got our noses in front, one bad decision and a half assed effort from Johnson and we lost. Johnson was pathetic today.
Not a bad effort from a very young side. Put Tarrant, Balla, Mayne in and we would have won I reckon.
Season pretty much done, we'll lose the rest from here and finish just in the 8.

Don't be stupid the umpring was done to perfection.

:thumbsdown: we had a good run from the umpires and some decisions were/ weren't paid that shouldn't/should have. just take a look at the umpire in #3, he shouldn't be out there......other than that, was a tense good game of footy and good luck to your boys in the finals, I like the look of walters, de boar and morabito who i thought had a good game today :thumbsu:

Not as often as Sydney threw the ball though. F**king disgraceful umpiring today. Sydney better hope if they have to come here in the finals that they bring the same umps with them.

Pretty proud of the way our youngsters fought out the game today. Some of our senior players need to take a long hard look at themselves though.

The sooner the last of our old soft era players are gone and the Harvey era youngsters are our leaders the better off this club will be. Excluding Sandi obviously, and Pav too I guess, though he's been shocking for one reason or another lately.

In the end if Duffield's kick had hit the mark we would have won. That's how finely balanced that game was.

^^^^^^^^ This :thumbsu:

Felt that in the last 2-3 minutes we should have had senior players "running" the clock down rather than 2 first year players, Roberton and Chrichton from memory.
6th spot looking likely, but all the teams below us have difficult games ahead of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle v Sydney GDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back