Review Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 2 @ Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

I've felt for years now we resemble a playing group that is just incapable of delivering the game plan implemented. I think you get reactionary players when something isn't working over a long period of time instead of an instigating play mindset.

The way JHF hunts the ball & the next contest stands out like dog balls compared to his weary Hinkleyfied teammates.

JHF is obviously ******* somebodys wife and they are going to do their best to umpire him out of the game.

The worse treatment of an individual player by group of umpires I think I have ever seen.

Some of it was u/10s when the big kid gets picked on by the umpires because he's too rough on the little kids.

And the holding the ball against him when he was literally the only player trying to do something proactive was infuriating.

"It's not so much concern because that's what trial games are about. They give you information and we've got to do something with the information.

Match Report:

Press Conference:
lol - when have we ever done anything with information we've learned after being taught a lesson under Hinkley's reign.

lol - when have we ever done anything with information we've learned after being taught a lesson under Hinkley's reign.
Alicia Keys GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Also the last two years ae have moved Chad Cornes to defense coach in 2022 and forward coach in 2023 and both lines have looked to have become dysfunctional. Maybe he is not up to it as a line coach?

On TET-AN00 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Let's be honest here, we all know Cornes is a "discount" assistant coach.

There are far better options out there but the club does everything to save some coin and the assistant coaches are proof of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly SPP and JHF have receieved letters of complaint from the AFL and Koch for playing with too much old Port Adelaide style toxic masculinity against freo - but in good news everyone else played well.

Let's be honest here, we all know Cornes is a "discount" assistant coach.

There are far better options out there but the club does everything to save some coin and the assistant coaches are proof of this.

I agree.

Enough of the boys club stuff

It doesn't even require elite skills, just willingness to run hard and be committed to a game plan. Freo were far from elite but what they did was stick to a game plan which involved running a rugby line moving forward, keeping the ball moving across the line, not honeypotting the contested ball, and having a loose payer set up ahead of the line to contiue the movement. It broke us open time and again. We have an assistant coach who came from their environment and this is how they played last year. And still we weren't ready for the way they play and couldn't adapt to it.

And we certainly weren't committed to playing a similar style to break the game open. Fast exciting footy. Just words under Hinkley.
when we break we miss targets, plenty of times we go free ran into the forward line and missed simple targets would have easily been in double figures, i remember Farrell did it twice in the first quarter.

and then if we ever complete the kick (which isnt too often), we drop a simple mark..or we miss the set shot..all skill errors...****ing infuriating it is

There's no doubt you have to run hard and be committed, put in effort, be selfless, etc etc but pointless if you miss a 20m kick or drop a simple mark and it goes straight back over your head.

you can play whatever game style you like but you aint winning shit with poor skills.

Some people allow the Cornes surname to cloud their judgement. When Chad Cornes coached the Port Magpies he coached with passion and did things his way. That did not sit well with the Senior Coach and he was shunted sideways to allow someone who conformed the Hinkley mantra to take charge.
Chad is what he is- the son of an avowed Port hater but he is also a Premiership winner and an All Australian with a passion for the PAFC and that should not be over looked. On his past performances when he had the opportunity to call the shots Chad was not a Hinkley clone like some others.

It's a concern when the main players delivering the ball out of our D50 are Jonas, DBJ, Alir & Jones. Horrible by foot especially Jonas & DBJ. This side has gone backwards since the PF because too many changes have been made. Stability is the key, yet these Muppet coaches keep changing things!! Port will be 0-5 mark my words and Hinkley is a dinosaur that CAN NOT COACH.

when we break we miss targets, plenty of times we go free ran into the forward line and missed simple targets would have easily been in double figures, i remember Farrell did it twice in the first quarter.

and then if we ever complete the kick (which isnt too often), we drop a simple mark..or we miss the set shot..all skill errors...******* infuriating it is

There's no doubt you have to run hard and be committed, put in effort, be selfless, etc etc but pointless if you miss a 20m kick or drop a simple mark and it goes straight back over your head.

you can play whatever game style you like but you aint winning s**t with poor skills.
When Farrell starts missing easy targets by foot , something ain't right in the the team psych, confidence is funny thing , hard to get easy to lose. But don't worry Hinks will instill believe. 2 wks to get it right. Not good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back