Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Got beaten by the hungrier team but f**** me they have cheats in that side always ducking. Boundary umps were good for them a couple of times too.

That dumb campaigner who can’t see a ball a foot out from 5 meters away should be ****ed off the VFL

Yet again don’t select a second ruck. Yet again the opposition doesn’t use one. Yet again Jackson fails as first ruck.

When will the coaches learn?
Reidy really mustn't have much game sense. It is a little befuddling tbh to not play him at all.
I'm mean, he can't be worse than Tom Campbell hey??

Every time these mentally weak boys drink their own bathwater after a few wins ......just watch us lose to west coast
Mentally weak is losing by a couple goals in a 50/50 game after the longest trip in footy against one of the most in form teams in the comp with two of our most important players out and a horrid display of goal kicking.

There's been plenty of bathwater losses, this isn't one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the games you have to win to not only make Top 4 but also finals. You can't get bullied out in the midfield when the game is on the line and expect to win big games.

Honestly this is a really bad loss. Hard to find anything positive going forward other than at our best (minus Darcy and Pearce) we were beaten by a younger and better team. Hard not to lose a bit of hope. Can't trust this team no matter how well they seem to be going.

Mentally weak is losing by a couple goals in a 50/50 game after the longest trip in footy against one of the most in form teams in the comp with two of our most important players out and a horrid display of goal kicking.

There's been plenty of bathwater losses, this isn't one of them.
Ooooh yay the excuses begin. Didn’t take long 👏

Lost opportunity. Trip to Tassie was tough and too many had really down days.
Positives: Cox is still a monster. Just need Pearce next to him.
Sharp was great

Negatives:
  • calling a pathetic ducker who hasn't earned the nickname the wizard is an insult to the real wizard. He's pretty pathetic actually.
  • Worst game I've seen from Chapman. Maybe he didn't sleep well or something because his mental was not on today.
  • Walters had no impact coming on.
  • Two quiet games in a row from Sturt. Knee likely hampering him
  • Darcy out won the Hawks the game.
  • Not sure why Aish played over Walker
  • Midfield lost and thus we lost.

Strange game with nearly all scores coming from stoppages. Go to work on that and figure out how Mitchell took our transition game away.

Lot of melts. It's not the end of the season. It's funny how leading into the game everyone knows it's a danger game, but when exactly what was feared happens, we're suddenly shit? No, get a grip. We were in the game and generated enough chances. The RNG didn't go our way today.

Best outcome is no injuries and we probably have our best possible 23 next week.

Weak campaigners. Weak in the contest. Weak in the tackle. Weak mentally.

Once again we can't defend when losing the center clearance. People shit all over Champion Data but the bloke brings it up every week for a reason. It cost us and will continue to cost us. With our much vaunted defence I really don't get how we can be so bad at it.

I hope the **** sticks on here and in the media bigging up Jackson and saying we should get rid of Darcy were watching. The bloke was a disgrace and has been shit for almost all of the season bar a game here or there.

Fyfe and Sonny are done. Get Ras or Brody in for Fyfe and get Simpson in for Sonny. Stop ****ing with development to give the geriatric former stars game time.

Forwards except for Treacy are back to shitting the bed. Kick straight and take our chances and we win. The amount of chances in the 3rd quarter we should have been 5 goals up at 3/4 time and comfortably home. But, once again all our work up the ground is let down by our forwards.

Get the tackling bags out this week and re-teach these imbeciles how to tackle. The amount of slipped tackles because the clowns are going one handed instead of trying to wrap up the player is infuriating.

Freddy might not be in there to tackle but 4 or so tackles total in the last eight games is just ridiculously poor. Half of the small and medium forwards in the AFL would aim to lay 4-5 tackles a game, not every two months. It's not like he's even kicking many goals. Banfield is a better bet to goal in a game. So overated on this board, especially considering he's one of the main offenders in not working hard enough.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reidy really mustn't have much game sense. It is a little befuddling tbh to not play him at all.
I'm mean, he can't be worse than Tom Campbell hey??
You play him. Simple. You gamble, roll the dice against a slower lumbering Meek.
Jackson loves leaping, hates body work, and is a midfielder more a ruck

Dear god this is an overreaction and a half. Simply put we got beat by a great midfield that we lined up against in the worst possible ground and with our ruck injured. Squiggle had us losing the game and still coming 4th/5th

Oh and **** the AFL. Tassie? STEVIC??
We seem to get him more often than not

I'm not a told you so guy, but I just want to sheepishly point out that I did suggest maybe week in the WAFL for Jye, just to try and get his confidence and eye back into it.

It might not have made any difference and it might all be 20/20 hindsight, but maybe a second ruck in Reidy to share the load with Dogga and giving him more an opportunity in the forward line might have changed the result.

No idea. Just never felt like it was on after 1/2 time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo go down against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back