News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

You made the statement.

Back it up with something.

My cards are on the table.

He's a crab.

Your turn.

"He's a crab"

is not a fact. Your opinion is that he will not be able to turn it around at a new club. nicshata is of the opinion that he will be able to.

I am also of that opinion.

At the moment, none of us are wrong :)

"He's a crab"

is not a fact. Your opinion is that he will not be able to turn it around at a new club. nicshata is of the opinion that he will be able to.

I am also of that opinion.

At the moment, none of us are wrong :)

It was a generalisation, and the first time that I have used that term in this thread.

I am yet to see one single justification for drafting this guy apart from that he was a good junior footy player 5-6 years ago and got picked at #1.

Show me something concrete and consistent from his AFL career so far.

Anything. Anything on a consistent basis that isn't a pure highlight reel. I beg you, please.

I bet that you can't.

He is a crab. Just look at yesterday for ongoing confirmation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I think Watts could probably do a pretty decent job over here. He'd be given a defined role, and the guys around him could put him back on track if he's not doing the right things during the game. Our forwards and defense are generally very good with their direction.

He obviously has some talent. In some ways he reminds me a bit of how MJ was going a couple of seasons ago. He hadn't lost his talent, but he'd lost his confidence and didn't have a consistent role in the team. Watts may be a pea-heart... but a lot of people thought MJ wasn't showing much heart. I haven't watched the kid closely enough to even make a decision.

Confidence is a big deal. It's possible some of his pea-heartedness will disappear when he knows what is expected and sees what he needs to do. Duff, Ibbo and MJ have all been accused of lacking on the heart-side of things in the recent past... and they're now amongst our best each week, and showing all the heart they need.

I think he'd be very handy. But I don't think Melbourne would let him go cheap. I don't think we'd be prepared to pay the price (picks or players) that they'd be asking for. We still have to trade for him don't we, as he's not even a restricted free agent yet... is he?

It was a generalisation, and the first time that I have used that term in this thread.

I am yet to see one single justification for drafting this guy apart from that he was a good junior footy player 5-6 years ago and got picked at #1.

Show me something concrete and consistent from his AFL career so far.

Anything. Anything on a consistent basis that isn't a pure highlight reel. I beg you, please.

I bet that you can't.

He is a crab. Just look at yesterday for ongoing confirmation.

My justification:

In my opinion he has talent based on his junior form.

In my opinion he has not shown it consistently enough to be worth more than a third round draft pick.

In my opinion there is enough chance given Melbournes recent history that that could be partly due to the environment he is in.

In my opinion we are a club that can turn players careers around based on recent history (Walters, Pearce, Crowley, etc.)

In my opinion if we can get him for a third round pick, there is not much risk and enough potential reward to make it worthwhile.

WCE got Morton for 88. Anyone else we pick with 88 is more than likely not going to be a good player, so why not have a crack?

Either way, even if you don't agree with me you aren't right.

Neither am I. It is an opinion. Mine's different to yours.

Guess what? The club doesn't give a shit what either of us think.

So you can't justify your opinion.

OK. I thought so.

So why say it?

Because sometimes people deserve a second chance. Peter Bell couldnt cut it in a young Freo team and was then handed a lifeline by North Melb. He then went on to be a leader and win some silverware and the Dockers wanted him back enough to give up some drafts picks for a guy they couldve had for free anyway. A player who comes from a bottom of the ladder club isnt necessarily crap.

Pick 88 is nothing anyway, people usually pass on those late picks.

Because sometimes people deserve a second chance. Peter Bell couldnt cut it in a young Freo team and was then handed a lifeline by North Melb. He then went on to be a leader and win some silverware and the Dockers wanted him back enough to give up some drafts picks for a guy they couldve had for free anyway. A player who comes from a bottom of the ladder club isnt necessarily crap.

Pick 88 is nothing anyway, people usually pass on those late picks.

WTF??

Cutting Peter Bell ranks along side not drafting Andrew McLeod as the worst decision that Neesham ever made.

That was hardly due to Peter Bell lacking heart, skill or passion for the club.

Totally different situation.

WTF??

Cutting Peter Bell ranks along side not drafting Andrew McLeod as the worst decision that Neesham ever made.

That was hardly due to Peter Bell lacking heart, skill or passion for the club.

Totally different situation.

In hindsight it was. Noone knew how good either of those would turn out in a proper setup. Just like Watts and Frawley.

In hindsight it was. Noone knew how good either of those would turn out in a proper setup. Just like Watts and Frawley.

Nothing to do with hindsight at all!

Bell was playing good football, as an undersized youngster, at the time and people were gobsmacked at the decision, and North welcomed him with open arms and laughed their arse off at us. As did the rest of the football world.

You're making up crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back