News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with hindsight at all!

Bell was playing good football, as an undersised youngster, at the time and people were gobsmacked at the decision, and North welcomed him with open arms and laughed their arse off at us. As did the rest of the football world.

You're making up crap.

Ok in his 2 games for Freo he was playing good footy.

Freo has a long list of former players that went on to other clubs to achieve big things like Clement, Medders, etc. Just because they came from Freo didnt mean they were crabs. Same applies to Melb.

Ok in his 2 games for Freo he was playing good footy.

Freo has a long list of former players that went on to other clubs to achieve big things like Clement, Medders, etc. Just because they came from Freo didnt mean they were crabs. Same applies to Melb.

Because Neesham thought that he was too small to succeed at AFl level and wouldn't give him a proper crack despite his WAFL form.

That is hardly because Bell was a shit footballer.

Clement had a huge personal issue with Drum, who treated him like absolute shit. But, before that he played excellent football.

Medhurst??

I mean really.....how much do you really know about our clubs history and players?

Watts has never strung two good games together in his career.

Because Neesham thought that he was too small to succeed at AFl level and wouldn't give him a proper crack despite his WAFL form.

That is hardly because Bell was a shit footballer.

Clement had a huge personal issue with Drum, who treated him like absolute shit. But, before that he played excellent football.

Medhurst??

I mean really.....how much do you really know about our clubs history and players?

I never said Bell was shit but he was given a second chance at another club!

According to your theory Clement shouldve played well regardless of the issues he had at Freo. Both he and Medhurst became AA at another club, despite the fact they struggled to secure a place at Freo. You are dreaming if you think that Freo hasnt been where Melb is right now in terms of player development.

Watts has shown good signs in the past and is still young. Frawley is a former AA already.

But I shouldnt have to tell you that you footy oracle you.

My justification:

In my opinion he has talent based on his junior form.

In my opinion he has not shown it consistently enough to be worth more than a third round draft pick.

In my opinion there is enough chance given Melbournes recent history that that could be partly due to the environment he is in.

In my opinion we are a club that can turn players careers around based on recent history (Walters, Pearce, Crowley, etc.)

In my opinion if we can get him for a third round pick, there is not much risk and enough potential reward to make it worthwhile.

WCE got Morton for 88. Anyone else we pick with 88 is more than likely not going to be a good player, so why not have a crack?

As well as your well thought out opinions Wigarus Paul Haselby also thinks he has been handled badly and has a lot to offer and would be suited by the structures Lyon has set in place at Freo
Haselby has a pretty astute footy brain so I value his opinion as well as yours Wigarus:)
Sorry Bushie I think your wrong this time on Watts :p

Either way, even if you don't agree with me you aren't right.

Neither am I. It is an opinion. Mine's different to yours.

Guess what? The club doesn't give a shit what either of us think.

My justification:

In my opinion he has not shown it consistently enough to be worth more than a third round draft pick.

In my opinion there is enough chance given Melbournes recent history that that could be partly due to the environment he is in.

In my opinion we are a club that can turn players careers around based on recent history (Walters, Pearce, Crowley, etc.)

In my opinion if we can get him for a third round pick, there is not much risk and enough potential reward to make it worthwhile.

WCE got Morton for 88. Anyone else we pick with 88 is more than likely not going to be a good player, so why not have a crack?

As well as your well thought out opinions Wigarus Paul Haselby also thinks he has been handled badly and has a lot to offer and would be suited by the structures Lyon has set in place at Freo
Haselby has a pretty astute footy brain so I value his opinion as well as yours Wigarus:)
Sorry Bushie I think your wrong this time on Watts :p

Just so people can see what you wrote :)

My justification:

Just so people can see what you wrote :)

Thanks Wig a man of my age needs all the help he can get:D

I never said Bell was shit but he was given a second chance at another club!

According to your theory Clement shouldve played well regardless of the issues he had at Freo. Both he and Medhurst became AA at another club, despite the fact they struggled to secure a place at Freo. You are dreaming if you think that Freo hasnt been where Melb is right now in terms of player development.

Watts has shown good signs in the past and is still young. Frawley is a former AA already.

But I shouldnt have to tell you that you footy oracle you.

The point is that Bell and Clement and Medhurst...YOUR EXAMPLES....played good football BEFORE they left, or were let go, from Fremantle.

Watts hasn't.

You keep saying that he has, but you can't give me one single example of this apart from form as a junior 5-6 years ago..

And WTF has Frawley got to do with this?:rolleyes:

To Wigarus and salim malik, never forget that Haselby was also red hot for us to recruit Leon Davis last year in a West live chat.

Said that we were mad if we didn't.

So yeah...meh.

Good player, average coach. Mediocre talent scout.

Medhurst played marginally better over the entire season for collingwood.
That came with age and strict coaching not allowing him to do so many stupid risky kicks to the open side of the field.
AA came because he was doing it infront of the vic media 20 or so games a year instead of 5 or so a year when he played for Freo.

Garland loves it at melbourne and wants to stay no matter how tough things get(may change opinion in a year or 2)
Frawley def seems to want out.

Watts is just driving his market value down to help the team out who wants to pick him up.

Hawkins was written off by nearly everyone, he got a new coach who believed in him, gave him confidence and now look at him.
They didnt try and hide him down back, protect him from the media.
They dropped him and then pumped him up, telling him how important he was and then after a couple of good games in VFL they brang him back and showed faith in him to deliver at AFL level.
If Bomber was still their coach, Hawkins prob would of been out the door.

Watts was drafted as a forward.
They played him there for less than 15 games.
They then drooped him due to media and fans giving him so much crap and writing him off.
They put him into hiding and then brang him back as a defender.
2011 he had quite a few consistent games with over 20 disposals.
He was drafted as a forward, they need forwards and the coaches should of showed faith in him, instead of hiding him and then trying to get him to play elsewhere.

He has been poorly managed.
He was highly rated, I never saw him play as a junior but alot of people thought he was the real deal.
He has all the tools, height, agility, good speed and endurance plus skills.
May lack the heart and passion.

With a new coach he may finally live up to his potential.

Anyone suggesting giving up a first rounder is off their rocker.
We desperately need forwards though so a 2nd rounder for a guy Lyon believes he can turn around is worth the risk imo.
If it takes a 2nd rounder plus a decent young player that we have excess stock of, im fine with that also.

We have 1 glaring weakness in our squad right now.
Last year our midfield was too one paced.
They fixed it.
Now it is a decent 2nd forward option, they better bloody fix it end of this year.

We may not be after him, but from the Lyon interview it sounded alot more likely than the Franklin reports ever did.
I dont know if we are after Watts but im fairly confident we will be chasing a Watts type forward, young and not reached potential yet.

One other point
Watts has a career high diposal game of 34 in 2012 against Sydney
Mundy has a career high disposal game of 34 which he only just achieved on Sunday

The point is that Bell and Clement and Medhurst...YOUR EXAMPLES....played good football BEFORE they left, or were let go, from Fremantle.

Watts hasn't.

You keep saying that he has, but you can't give me one single example of this apart from form as a junior 5-6 years ago..

And WTF has Frawley got to do with this?:rolleyes:

To Wigarus and salim malik, never forget that Haselby was also red hot for us to recruit Leon Davis last year in a West live chat.

Said that we were mad if we didn't.

So yeah...meh.

Good player, average coach. Mediocre talent scout.

I still don't agree with you.

Whats your next FACT?

Leading intercept marker rounds 8-12 2012 says otherwise /wonna

Watts strikes me as one of those players that has the skills to make it at AFL level but not the necessary competiveness or heart. Reminds me of Andrew mcDougall - high draft pick based on ability but never had the stomach for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the one chasing facts here.

Just a small one to prove this, so far unsubstantiated, potential that I keep hearing about.

So the facts need to be proven by you fellas.

Show me the money!

What do I need to prove? I can take a poly if you want, but I am telling you 100% for a fact that IMO he will be a better player in purple.

Prove to me that he won't be.

I almost see Watts as a Jack Anthony type and has lost all confidence to become a really good player even provided with the right environment.

I'm with whiteoak in i don't want him coming to our club. I would take plenty of players at the demons and he ain't one of them.

I think he would have a better chance next year than Crichton.

You're all just jealous you didn't pick him in the buddy draft.
CRICHTON%20Jesse_draft_246_meeta.jpg

Just wait till he gets a game... :footy::eek::thumbsu::rainbow:

I'd take that short, blonde from Adelaide called Sloane in a heartbeat.

There is player that exhibits everything that you want in a footy player.

And George pell admires his boyish good looks

What's everyone's thoughts on the possibility of one of these 3 players joining the purple army next year.

Personally I'd love to see Harry Taylor come on Board he's shown that he's solid down back but also provide a key option up forward and is more then capable of kicking 2-3 goals a game.
I think buddy will sign at the hawks and I can't see jack watts fitting into our best 22, but in saying that Ross will no doubt have something in the works and we very well might see jack running around with us next year.

Thoughts????
You've come in on page 48 of this thread, albeit there is a lot of off topic stuff. There is another thread on Harry and yet another on Buddy.

They're all stacked with thoughts, opinions, arguments, abuse and rants.

Doubt that you'll get any other response other than to read what has been said, or state your opinion and brace for the backlash.

Good luck!

Fact
Jack Watts had a career high 34 disposals after just 50 games and he recorded that against one of the best teams in the comp Sydney Swans in 2012.
David Mundy recorded his career high 34 disposals in game 173 against the worst team in the comp Melbourne on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo head pack of eight clubs after Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back