News Freo Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Really starting to doubt Bondy. He has consistently undervalued forwards/KPP´s and now takes us back to the good old days of selling good players for peanuts.

He has been here 5 years and took over one of the worst lists in the competition.We had 4-5 stars but no depth.

He has given us a good chance for us to have a gun midfield which we have never have. I would expect him to pick up 1-2 Key Position players and to look for another one in the FA period next year.

You really need 7+ years to turn over a list and i think he has done a brilliant job in the 5 he has been here so far.

I would suggest WCE are willing to keep Brown for the timebeing with the risk of losing him for nothing next year.. with a view that they are on target for top 4 next year, but if 1 of Glass or McKenzie go down, they are f***ed without him.

Fair call too.. also shows you Cripps isnt as "Highly Rated" as some stk supporters would have suggested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So rumour is Swans have pulled out of the Tippett race.

GC who couldn´t afford his $1m demand, and now certainly cannot now that we have given them Broughton on a backended contract.

Tippett can certainly NOT go back to Adelaide!!

Melbourne can´t afford him due to overpaying for Dawes (thank you Schwabby)

GWS were reportedly close to the cap and couldn´t afford to bump Gile´s contact up enough.

Was the Broughton sweetheart deal to GC a way of getting them out of the way so Tippett can come to us?

• Broughton gets more game time.
  • GC get an inside mid/tough hombre defender for cheap.
  • Tippetts dad saves face with Gold Coast after having promised them a sweetheart deal a few years ago in exchange for Tippetts huge contract at Adelaide.
  • Tippett and Dad get his $1m contract met, rather than caving in and accepting a lower contract from Gold Coast (who remember could not afford $1m).
Maybe its just my brain trying to make sense of the Broughton for Peanuts trade. Stranger things have happened though.

GC who couldn´t afford his $1m demand, and now certainly cannot now that we have given them Broughton on a backended contract.

GWS were reportedly close to the cap and couldn´t afford to bump Gile´s contact up enough.

Was the Broughton sweetheart deal to GC a way of getting them out of the way so Tippett can come to us?

• Tippetts dad saves face with Gold Coast after having promised them a sweetheart deal a few years ago in exchange for Tippetts huge contract at Adelaide.
  • Tippett and Dad get his $1m contract met, rather than caving in and accepting a lower contract from Gold Coast (who remember could not afford $1m).
Maybe its just my brain trying to make sense of the Broughton for Peanuts trade. Stranger things have happened though.

Stranger things have happened I guess we will find out tomorrow... But mind you the AFL might have the final say and de-register Tippett before anyone gets him.

Not sure why GC couldn't afford Tippett, you would've thought they would have been planning for him over the last couple of years.

do we even want the dude? i've serious reservations about whether he's pro enough to 'buy in'. don't want an expensive money pit. we've already got on in JA at the moment.

So if its Van Berlo, Broughton, Roberton and JA out and Spurr is upgraded then we'll just use the three picks. Is there any chance we'll cut one more (I'm looking at you Jessie) and target someone in the PSD? Is there anyone out there who has yet to sign that we might be eyeing off (other than Tippett who is highly unlikely)?

So if its Van Berlo, Broughton, Roberton and JA out and Spurr is upgraded then we'll just use the three picks. Is there any chance we'll cut one more (I'm looking at you Jessie) and target someone in the PSD? Is there anyone out there who has yet to sign that we might be eyeing off (other than Tippett who is highly unlikely)?
We'll have to just wait and see who/if anyone else gets delisted before the last list lodgement amd whether they're worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Freo Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back