Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the umpiring was biased. I just think it was generally sh*t yesterday. Both teams had some ridiculous calls paid against them, and let go.

I'm becoming more of the belief Marghetts doesn't hate us, he is just sh*t at umpiring.

His first wife left him due to a gambling problem.

Let that sink in.

Umpiring was terrible all round, the 50 to Tucker wasn’t there. Just a shitshow.
The worst was the free against Treacy when he executed a perfect tackle. The bloke dropped the ball and got a free kick for lingering tackle / push in the back. I watched it repeatedly and still can’t see what Treacy did wrong and should have been htb. Plus it lead to a potential momentum killing goal for the Suns. JLo was ropeable.

The worst was the free against Treacy when he executed a perfect tackle. The bloke dropped the ball and got a free kick for lingering tackle / push in the back. I watched it repeatedly and still can’t see what Treacy did wrong and should have been htb. Plus it lead to a potential momentum killing goal for the Suns. JLo was ropeable.

he paid it for holding the man, Margetts was blinded to the location of the ball because the players were between him and the ball, he guessed the opposition didn’t take possession, which he did!

Everyone in the stands could see the Gold Coast player grab the ball then get wrapped up, Margetts couldn’t.

I once saw Margetts arguing with a random Instagram poster over how he could run and swim further than him. Let that infantile behaviour sink in for a moment...
Margetts might have him covered on land or in sea, but his head is about as covered as an illegal immigrant on the ski slopes of Calgary!

Hard to see who drops out of the current 8 though. Maybe the Swans on current form and their fixture. GWS would probably leapfrog us. Essendon could too if they keep surprising.
West Coast no guarantee to make finals IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were at the game. Just after our prolonged booing in the 3rdQ he pointedly gave away another soft free in the centre - it seemed very "up you, Freo!"

I rewatched later & counted 5-6 times that Dunstall and co incl. Pav said "don't think that's a free, do you? (against us)".
In the last, Cerra I think had his opponent in a tackle. Has prior, Margetts didn’t want to call ball up. Went looking for a ‘push’ because the player drove forward. Utterly pathetic.
Pisses me off that rule. Player gets wrapped with prior, proceeds to fall down onto his chest. Tackler gets penalised.

Just wanted to say that Acres is such an underrated player for us. He collected 27 disposals and was always there to help around the ground. I hate how always gets called soft because that's far from the truth. He's always going hard in the contest and backing his teammates up. Also helps out with the rucking and competes even though he is like 10-20 cm smaller. The only real knock on him is his disposal efficiency.

In the last, Cerra I think had his opponent in a tackle. Has prior, Margetts didn’t want to call ball up. Went looking for a ‘push’ because the player drove forward. Utterly pathetic.
Pisses me off that rule. Player gets wrapped with prior, proceeds to fall down onto his chest. Tackler gets penalised.

It wasn’t Cerra’s fault, Walters pushed both of the forward, typically the umpire blows the whistle before Walters involves himself. Even when he did involve himself, he didn’t get into the players back.

Its funny how positive people get after a win, how negative after a loss.
Umpiring was terrible all round, the 50 to Tucker wasn’t there. Just a shitshow.

I dont even think its the umpires fault much of the time, the AFL organization is constantly changing not only the rules but the interpretation of existing rules.

I feel like I hate the umpiring more every single year but not sure how that is even possible.

Regarding the game I thought we would get smashed, was a game between two shit clubs, but hey the boys stood up and got the points so good on em.

I dont even think its the umpires fault much of the time, the AFL organization is constantly changing not only the rules but the interpretation of existing rules.

I feel like I hate the umpiring more every single year but not sure how that is even possible.

They cant even get the basic things right... IE how many Marks our players take that dont get paid... No wonder the other rule changes confuse them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Freo Win by 27 v Gold Concessions @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back