Friday Nights Team ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Markthirtytwo said:
Obviously didnt read the thread early in the year about playing AFL games at AO Jacky boy. It wont happen because the SANFL who owns FP wont let paying games be played at a location that screwed them financially 30 to 40 years back when they were tennants there. They have paid a lot of money to now or closely own the asset which is FP so why should they.

But on your statement about getting 60K+ people out of AO is a joke because where would they park, they would have just as much trouble getting out as WE do now if not more if not because of the extra 20k patrons, not even accounting for the lack of ways out of the location.
Just because it has more arterial roads in its general location doesnt mean that it's easy to move people through those roads. Think a little more about the situation pleeeeeease.

i didnt read the thread, but i totally understand this and am aware that it would never happen. I just think it would be great that is all.

And on parking, the reason why i think it is so great is the AO is in the city and there will be no problem ppl parking where ever in the city and walking to the ground it will be great.

Mark your disagreeing for the sake of it doesnt present a strong case ok

outback jack said:
ah sarcasm....

i simply dont go cause of where i live.
no not sarcasm Backdoor, not all of us can go - that's fine.....my point is that if we were to play a heritage round at the AO.....about half the AFC members wouldn't be able to go.....unless you are advocating an upgrade at AO for 1 game a year ?

Mad Dog said:
no not sarcasm Backdoor, not all of us can go - that's fine.....my point is that if we were to play a heritage round at the AO.....about half the AFC members wouldn't be able to go.....unless you are advocating an upgrade at AO for 1 game a year ?

i would love to see AO upgraded, not just for the footy. We'd pack it out in one dayers as well. And i understand your point. I would just like to see the footy at a convenient venue thats all. I believe backdoor is a homosexual term is this correct?

Markthirtytwo said:
Obviously didnt read the thread early in the year about playing AFL games at AO Jacky boy. It wont happen because the SANFL who owns FP wont let paying games be played at a location that screwed them financially 30 to 40 years back when they were tennants there. They have paid a lot of money to now or closely own the asset which is FP so why should they.

But on your statement about getting 60K+ people out of AO is a joke because where would they park, they would have just as much trouble getting out as WE do now if not more if not because of the extra 20k patrons, not even accounting for the lack of ways out of the location.
Just because it has more arterial roads in its general location doesnt mean that it's easy to move people through those roads. Think a little more about the situation pleeeeeease.

I told you Jack.

Wont happen because a bunch of old mostly dead farts had a spat at the Adelaide Club 40 years ago & it's just "too hard".

As for the traffic, public transport etc. That could all be solved with a well thought out plan for the area (not just dumping a stadium on top of the current site).

Maybe one day.

drakeyv2 said:
I told you Jack.

Wont happen because a bunch of old mostly dead farts had a spat at the Adelaide Club 40 years ago & it's just "too hard".

As for the traffic, public transport etc. That could all be solved with a well thought out plan for the area (not just dumping a stadium on top of the current site).

Maybe one day.

yep i understood it that it aint gonna happen. Just a shame thats all i was saying

outback jack said:
i would love to see AO upgraded, not just for the footy. We'd pack it out in one dayers as well. And i understand your point. I would just like to see the footy at a convenient venue thats all. I believe backdoor is a homosexual term is this correct?
that might be your take on it........not that there's anything wrong with that......but my take is more a commentary about how you weaseled a continuing presence here after previous incarnations were snuffed out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday Nights Team ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back