Full list what would you do at seasons end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagle Ant

Club Legend
Nov 17, 2007
School of hard Knocks
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
SDFC, Kalamunda CC
Here is your chance to let everyone know what you would do come seasons end.
As usual you can Trade/Delist or Retire, elevate or rookie list your choice.
I think their will be some obvious selections and some shocks.
Players will be in Number order and just for fun you can choose a new Captain and Leadership group for next year.
Have Fun.

1-Mitch Brown
2-Mark LeCras
4-Daniel Kerr
5-Tyson Stenglein(Retire)
6-Mark Nicoski(Trade or Keep)
7-Chad Fletcher(Trade or Delist)
8-Beau Waters (Leadership Group)
10-Michael Braun- Retired
11-Mattew Priddis
12-Jamie McNamara
13-Chris Masten
14-Mark Seaby(Trade or Keep)
15-Chad Jones
16-Eric Mackenzie
17-Josh Kennedy
18-Brad Ebert
19-Tim Houlihan
20-Dean Cox (Vice Captain)
21-Quinten Lynch
22-Jamie Graham(Trade or Delist)
23-Darren Glass (Captain)
24-Mathew Rosa
25-Shannon Hurn
26-Sam Butler
27-Ben McKinley(Trade or Keep)
28-Scott Selwood
29-Ashley Hansen(Trade or Keep)
30-Matthew Spangher
31-Will Schofield
32-Andrew Embley
33-James Thomson(Delist then Rookie list)
34-Tony Notte
35-Steven Armstrong(Trade or Delist)
36-Callum Wilson(Elevate)
37-Adam Selwood (Leadership Group)
38-Brett Jones (Leadership Group)
39-Adam Hunter
40-Will Sullivan(Elevate)
41-Brent Staker(Trade or Keep)
42-Beau Wilkes(Elevate)
43-Ashley Arrowsmith(Re-Rookie List
44-David Wirrapanda
45-Ryan Davis(Elevate)
47-Lewis Stevenson (Re-Rookie List)
48-Patrick McGinnity
Keep in mind folkes that over the last 6 years we have averaged 6 changes a year!
Thats How I would do it.:):thumbsu:

1-Mitch Brown - Play him in defense. Hes more needed down there atm.
2-Mark LeCras
4-Daniel Kerr
5-
Tyson Stenglein
6-
Mark Nicoski
7-
Chad Fletcher - Delist...please!
8-
Beau Waters
10-
Michael Braun - Retired
11-Mattew Priddis
12-Jamie McNamara - Needs to be giving a real run. Has deserved at least a few games in row not just the ones Kerrs out.
13-Chris Masten - Take it easy on him. Ease him back.
14-
Mark Seaby - Keep him but if the right trades there it may be worth looking at
15-Chad Jones - Delist
16-Eric Mackenzie
17-Josh Kennedy
18-Brad Ebert
19-Tim Houlihan
21-Quinten Lynch
22-
Jamie Graham - Tough one. Trade if we can if not we might have to make the harsh call on him. He's not gonna contribute much in the future.
24-Mathew Rosa
25-Shannon Hurn
26-Sam Butler
27-
Ben McKinley - He doesn't do enough for me. I am seriously on the verge of wanting him to be traded while we can get something good for him.
28-Scott Selwood
29-
Ashley Hansen
30-Matthew Spangher
31-Will Schofield
32-Andrew Embley
33-
James Thomson - Delist
34-Tony Notte
35-
Steven Armstrong - I think hes now done enough to be given one more season.
36-Callum Wilson - Keep him rookied. First player to come in should we need to elevate a rookie (assuming Davis and Wilkes both get senior listed)
37-
Adam Selwood
38-
Brett Jones
39-Adam Hunter
40-Will Sullivan - Rookie
41-
Brent Staker - Keep him hes the best interchange man in the comp. Can play anywhere and thats why he can at times escape critism
42-Beau Wilkes - Elevate
43-
Ashley Arrowsmith - Tough one again. Touch and go.
44-David Wirrapanda
45-Ryan Davis - Elevate
47-
Lewis Stevenson - See Arrowsmith
48-Patrick McGinnity

Here is your chance to let everyone know what you would do come seasons end.
As usual you can Trade/Delist or Retire, elevate or rookie list your choice.
I think their will be some obvious selections and some shocks.
Players will be in Number order and just for fun you can choose a new Captain and Leadership group for next year.
Have Fun.

1-Mitch Brown
2-Mark LeCras
4-Daniel Kerr
5-Tyson Stenglein(Retire)
6-Mark Nicoski(Trade or Keep)
7-Chad Fletcher(Trade or Delist)
11-Mattew Priddis
12-Jamie McNamara
13-Chris Masten
14-Mark Seaby(Trade or Keep)
15-Chad Jones
16-Eric Mackenzie
17-Josh Kennedy
18-Brad Ebert
19-Tim Houlihan
21-Quinten Lynch
22-Jamie Graham(Trade or Delist)
24-Mathew Rosa
25-Shannon Hurn
26-Sam Butler
27-Ben McKinley(Trade or Keep)
28-Scott Selwood
29-Ashley Hansen(Trade or Keep)
30-Matthew Spangher
31-Will Schofield
32-Andrew Embley
34-Tony Notte
35-Steven Armstrong(Trade or Delist)
39-Adam Hunter
41-Brent Staker(Trade or Keep)
42-Beau Wilkes(Elevate)
44-David Wirrapanda
45-Ryan Davis(Elevate)
48-Patrick McGinnity

Thats How I would do it.:):thumbsu:

Trade or Keep?

A bet each way. :rolleyes:

Our list IMO is in a very good position even though it hasn't performed in 2008. I believe we will turn over 7 senior players and draft 5.

Wilkes and Davis will be elevated from the rookie list.

Braun is retiring but after this its all hard calls and trades.

Even though I love Kerr I think in the mid - long term a trade now would be best for all parties. Another first round pick (Port 3 -4 + a 2nd rounder) for Kerr would put us in an unbelievable possition.

Armstrong is all heart but is not quite AFL standard.

C Fletcher will be paid out and J Graham traded or de-listed.

The unlucky 6th player will be a Thompson or C Jones.

Unless we trade another player attached with a 2nd round pick for an upgrade pick we need another player cut.

A very tough trade and draft period ahead but our list in 2009 will be the best young list in the AFL.

We're not going to be elevating four rookies. Davis and Wilkes have to be elevated (Wilkes can't stay on the rookie list, and Davis can only be there for one year as a NSW scholarship rookie). Any of the others retained will be rookies again next year.

Wirrpanda will move to the vets list in place of Braun, while Fletcher will either do the same or retire. That's the two rookie spots opened up. The main reason to pay Fletcher out would be to be able to recruit one extra rookie.

After that we have to free up three more spots on the list (minimum). The most likely three to be delisted would be Armstrong, though he's made a strong case for one more season in the last couple of weeks, Chad Jones (unlucky with injury) and James Thomson (would need to show a lot in the next few weeks). After that, probably Jaymie Graham. I'd like to see Thomson put on the rookie list next year.

Putting down "Trade/Delist" is silly IMO - if a player's rating is so low you'd think of delisting them if they can't be traded, their value on the trade floor isn't going to be high enough to get a pick we'd use anyway, so why bother? Just delist them and let them see if a club out there is interested. Like Kasey Green at the end of '05 - had some value, but not enough to make him worth trading.

Any other picks we would take would only be if we trade a player for a pick we're likely to actually use. Kerr obviously would get such a pick if he wanted to leave, but I don't think we can afford any more loss of experience in the midfield. Of the other names currently bandied around, I don't think we can afford to lose Seaby until we have another AFL ready ruckman, while McKinley would be better value to retain than the gamble of a mid-20s pick like we're likely to get in return. Unless any of these three actually request a trade, I can't see them being moved on.

All in all, I can't see massive changes to the list next year. We've already done them - that's why we have such a young list.

All in all, I can't see massive changes to the list next year. We've already done them - that's why we have such a young list.

Ah a sensible voice, but they won't listen Mr Q!

Davis and Wilkes have to be elevated (Wilkes can't stay on the rookie list, and Davis can only be there for one year as a NSW scholarship rookie).

Wirrpanda will move to the vets list in place of Braun, while Fletcher will either do the same or retire. That's the two rookie spots opened up. The main reason to pay Fletcher out would be to be able to recruit one extra rookie.

All depends what your definition of massive changes is? IMO we will move at least 6 current seniors off the list possibly 7. Why? Its all numbers.

We need two spots for Wilkes and Davis, agreed?

My understanding is we are obliged under draft rules to use a minimum of three picks, considering we most likely will have pick 2, 18 and 20 in the strongest draft in years its a no brainer that we will use these valuable picks, agreed?

So thats 5 spots on the senior list to change.

So at this stage we have'nt made a single trade OR used our 3rd or 4th round picks. If we trade a player I have no doubt will will use our low 3rd and 4th round picks to add to a player in order to get the best deal we can. If Kerr goes we'd expect a 1st and 2nd round pick, definately if we say here's pick 36 as well. Even if we say trade Seaby or Staker we'd throw in pick 36 and possibly pick 52 as we won't use them.

So with just one trade for picks we'd end up with one or two 1st and / or 2nd round picks.

So now thats 7 spots on the senior list to change.

I can even see us swapping our late picks with other clubs such as the Bulldogs or even Brisbane as a feel good gesture to accrue some positives for trades in future years eg: Brisbane Leuenburger or Clarke.

My opinion FWIW, there will be trades, woosha has said they know who they are going to go after, he made this statement at a function i attended before the Bulldogs game this year. Keeping this in mind you are going to have to offer something decent if you want to play the trade game. I agree other than Wilkes & Davis the rookies will stay the same.

1-Mitch Brown
2-Mark LeCras
4-Daniel Kerr
5-Tyson Stenglein
6-Mark Nicoski TRADE
7-Chad FletcherVETRANS
8-Beau Waters
10-Michael Braun- RETIRE
11-Mattew Priddis
12-Jamie McNamara
13-Chris Masten
14-Mark Seaby
15-Chad Jones DELIST
16-Eric Mackenzie
17-Josh Kennedy
18-Brad Ebert
19-Tim Houlihan
21-Quinten Lynch
22-Jamie Graham DELIST
24-Mathew Rosa
25-Shannon Hurn
26-Sam Butler
27-Ben McKinleyTRADE
28-Scott Selwood
29-Ashley Hansen
30-Matthew Spangher
31-Will Schofield
32-Andrew Embley
33-James Thomson DELIST
34-Tony Notte
35-Steven ArmstrongDELIST
36-Callum Wilson
37-Adam Selwood
38-Brett Jones
39-Adam Hunter
40-Will Sullivan
41-Brent Staker TRADE
42-Beau Wilkes SENIOR LIST
43-Ashley Arrowsmith
44-David Wirrapanda
45-Ryan Davis SENIOR LIST
47-Lewis Stevenson
48-Patrick McGinnity

I say we do a Carlton and put a few youngsters into the leadership group, wouldn't be a bad idea for Ebo and Masto, and add Brett Jones and Adam Selwood to the leadership group too.

We're not going to be elevating four rookies. Davis and Wilkes have to be elevated (Wilkes can't stay on the rookie list, and Davis can only be there for one year as a NSW scholarship rookie). Any of the others retained will be rookies again next year.

After that we have to free up three more spots on the list (minimum). The most likely three to be delisted would be Armstrong, though he's made a strong case for one more season in the last couple of weeks, Chad Jones (unlucky with injury) and James Thomson (would need to show a lot in the next few weeks). After that, probably Jaymie Graham. I'd like to see Thomson put on the rookie list next year.

Can I get this straight. IIRC Putting a player on the Vets list 'reduces the rookie list players'. Total players must be same.

We have 38 squad and 1 Vet.

So both Fletch and Wirra can go on the Vets list, Braun goes off, so we then get one extra squad player, and loose one rookie spot. So now 37 squad and 2 vets.
Elevating Wilkes and Davis gives us. 39 squad and 2 Vets.
I then believe we will need to drop our squad to 35 before the draft. So 4 delistings are needed, or trades for picks (or improved picks).

My bet would be :-

James Thompson
Jamie Graham
Chad Jones
and 1 trade for an improved draft pick (eg Hansen and pick 20 for pick 7)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I get this straight. IIRC Putting a player on the Vets list 'reduces the rookie list players'. Total players must be same.

So both Fletch and Wirra can go on the Vets list, Braun goes off, so we then get one extra squad player, and loose one rookie spot. So now 37 squad and 2 vets.
I then believe we will need to drop our squad to 35 before the draft. So 4 delistings are needed, or trades for picks (or improved picks).

My bet would be :-

James Thompson
Jamie Graham
Chad Jones
and 1 trade for an improved draft pick (eg Hansen and pick 20 for pick 7)

Well, you can read this: http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10956&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a for how the lists, trading and the draft works.

At the moment we have 38 main list players, one vet (Braun), five normal rookies and one NSW scholarship rookie (Davis, who is extra to the normal rookie list)

If Braun retires we have no change to our main list, it's still at 38, but we then have six normal rookie spots available.

Then if Fletcher and Wirra are moved on to the vets list, we have a main list of 36, but we go from six to four rookie spots (which is a problem as we have five normal rookies at the moment).

Then, elevating Davis and Wilkes gives us 38 main list players, two vets and four rookies (a full complement). We only free up one rookie from the rookie list because Davis is not counted in that list at the moment, but we need to free up one to make up for having an extra vet.

At this point, we need to free up three main list places so we can take the three required draft picks. These spots can be made by delisting players or trading players for picks.

If Fletch and Wirra go on the Vets list then we have 36 squad and 2 Vets. They are on the list of 38 at the moment but go off it for the Vets list. Elevating Wilkes and Davis gives us 38 and 2 Vets.

Main List (35):

1-Mitch Brown – Keep, but may be forced to trade if he wants to return to Vic- if so package with PP/2nd rounder to try and nab a top 10.
2-Mark LeCras
4-Daniel Kerr – Trade only if he wants to move interstate – better than possibly losing him for nothing next year - push for a top 5 pick (packaged with PP/2nd rounder if need be).
5-Tyson Stenglein (L)
6-Mark Nicoski
8-Beau Waters
11-Mattew Priddis (L)
12-Jamie McNamara
13-Chris Masten
14-Mark Seaby – Shop around – looking for a late 1st rounder on his own OR a mid 1st round packaged with our PP/2nd rounder.
15-Chad Jones – Borderline keep. I thought he showed some good signs at FF before injuring his ankle. However, not getting a game since then, I get the feeling he'll be delisted over Thomson.
16-Eric Mackenzie
17-Josh Kennedy
18-Brad Ebert
19-Tim Houlihan
21-Quinten Lynch (L)
24-Mathew Rosa
25-Shannon Hurn
26-Sam Butler
27-Ben McKinley – Keep, unless he wants to return home – if so push for a 2nd rounder or late 1st round packaged with PP/2nd rounder.
28-Scott Selwood
29-Ashley Hansen (L)
30-Matthew Spangher
31-Will Schofield
32-Andrew Embley – Shop around looking for an early 2nd rounder on his own or packaged with the PP/2nd rounder look to nab a late first rounder
34-Tony Notte
37-Adam Selwood (L)
38-Brett Jones (L)
39-Adam Hunter – Shop around packaged with the PP look to nab a late first rounder or earlier.
41-Brent Staker – Keep – unless given a spectacular offer i.e. top 20 pick on his own or top 10 pick packaged with PP/2nd rounder. Has shown some very good signs as a midfielder recently.
42-Beau Wilkes
45-Ryan Davis – Elevate to main list.
48-Patrick McGinnity

Veterans List (2):

44-David Wirrapanda (L) – Move to Vets list
prove himself.
7-Chad Fletcher – Move to Vets list (de-list if we want another rookie).

Rookie List (4):

47-Lewis Stevenson – Retain on the rookie list. He’s a project player, needs at least another season to develop.
43-Ashley Arrowsmith – Retain on the rookie list, unless he wants to return home – is only on a 1 year contract so it’s a possibility. Like Stevenson, a project player that will need several seasons before being AFL ready.
36-Callum Wilson – Keep on the rookie list. Has performed well this season – hopefully Ryan Murphy returns to Vic so he can spend more time at FF – which IMO is his best position.
40-Will Sullivan – Keep on the rookie list. Another project player that will need several seasons before being AFL ready.

Retirements/Delistments (4):

10-Michael Braun – Retire
22-Jaymie Graham – De-list. I think our young tall defenders (Wilkes/Schofield/MacKenzie/Spangher) have shown enough this season to suggest they’ve overtaken him.
35-Steven Armstrong – De-list. I like him as a depth/fringe player, but I think McNamara/Houlihan/Davis/Ebert/Masten have shown enough to suggest they’ll be able to play most games next year.
33-James Thomson – De-list. Tough choice between him and Chad Jones. Chad’s shown more and was decent before injuring his ankle – would be good to see how he goes with an extended run in the team. I would like to have Thomson on the rookie list though if possible (for Arrowsmith’s loss).

NSW/ACT Scholarship Rookie (1):

Anthony Stubbs - according to reports showed some very good signs at the 2008 U18 Championships. No loss in rookie-ing him. Another club will probably snap him up if we don't.

I tell you one thing that really shytes me is the talk about a so called leadership group this is just bull dust there is to many cooks in the kitchen. There was nothing wrong with a captain and a vice captain all the rest is silly.:thumbsdown:

I tell you one thing that really shytes me is the talk about a so called leadership group this is just bull dust there is to many cooks in the kitchen. There was nothing wrong with a captain and a vice captain all the rest is silly.:thumbsdown:

The leadership group is the reason why we have been out of trouble this season off-field.

Before it was the Ben Cousins crew. Not that I wouldnt want to be part of it.:cool:

Vet: Fletcher, Wirra
Out: Braun, Armstrong, Thomson, Graham
Upgrade: Davis, Wilkes

Tradebait is purely speculative depending on what we're looking for. Of the delistees, Graham could be worth something.

1: Trade or delist.

Fletcher
Chad Jones
Jamie Graham
Armstrong
Thomsen

2. Trade for:

1x line breaking quick midfielder. Wells or Ray. Give up: depends, but we have to either get value or offload someone we won't miss too much. Cox, Kerr, and Glass the only real non tradeables. If we can't land such a player, no big deal.

Also strongly consider bundling a player with our PP and 2nd round pick to get another top 10 pick. This could be Embley, Hansen, Hunter, Waters, Seaby etc. Certainly look at trading Seaby because he will be in demand. Woudn't mind Setanta from Carlton.

3. Draft midfielders with top draft picks.

4. Change home jumper to same as away jumper but with navy instead of royal.

1: Trade or delist.

Fletcher
Chad Jones
Jamie Graham
Armstrong
Thomsen

2. Trade for:

1x line breaking quick midfielder. Wells or Ray. Give up: depends, but we have to either get value or offload someone we won't miss too much. Cox, Kerr, and Glass the only real non tradeables. If we can't land such a player, no big deal.

Also strongly consider bundling a player with our PP and 2nd round pick to get another top 10 pick. This could be Embley, Hansen, Hunter, Waters, Seaby etc. Certainly look at trading Seaby because he will be in demand. Woudn't mind Setanta from Carlton.

3. Draft midfielders with top draft picks.

4. Change home jumper to same as away jumper but with navy instead .

Not too sure about Sentana but agree with every think else you'v said.

I loved the navy coloured jumpers, they looked lean and mean.

With our alternative 'light' jumper why don't they jest reverse the colours like the original strips, mainly yellow / gold and blue wings and shorts. Sure as hell better than our home strip versus's teams like the Saints.

1-Mitch Brown
2-Mark LeCras
4-Daniel Kerr
5-Tyson Stenglein
6-Mark Nicoski (Trade or Keep)
7-Chad Fletcher

11-Mattew Priddis
12-Jamie McNamara
13-Chris Masten
14-Mark Seaby(Trade)
15-Chad Jones (Trade or Delist)
16-Eric Mackenzie
17-Josh Kennedy
18-Brad Ebert
19-Tim Houlihan
21-Quinten Lynch
22-Jamie Graham(Trade)
24-Mathew Rosa
25-Shannon Hurn
26-Sam Butler
27-Ben McKinley (Trade ONLY if he asks)
28-Scott Selwood
29-Ashley Hansen(Trade)

30-Matthew Spangher (Trade)
31-Will Schofield
32-Andrew Embley
34-Tony Notte
35-Steven Armstrong(Delist)
39-Adam Hunter
41-Brent Staker
42-Beau Wilkes(Elevate)
44-David Wirrapanda
45-Ryan Davis(Elevate)
48-Patrick McGinnity

Remove this Banner Ad

Full list what would you do at seasons end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back