List Mgmt. Future NGA's or Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute rubbish???

Of course previous GF winners had key rebound defenders but they also had key lockdown defenders as well

Stats below from GF Winners in GFs

2023 - Moore - 7 disposals
2022 - Henry - 10 disposals / Bews - 6 disposals
2021 - Petty - 6 disposals /
2020 - Grimes - 4 disposals / Astbury -7 disposals
2018 - West Coast had Will Schofield - he got 9 disposals ...averaged 8 all year

Hamling got 9 disposals in the 2016 GF ... 7 in the PF

You want to cherry pick ...well I can cherry pick as well

All great teams have prime lockdown defenders who don't accumulate ... big or small in size .... some can play on both big & small opponents ... they also have attacking defenders

Put another 10 kilo on the 6ft 5 Cole and he could be a beast at CHB / FB .... and I believe his athleticism can be further developed to enhance and add rebound aspects to his game

I guess we will find out soon enough as he is bound to get drafted either by us or another team

Lock down defenders do have their place but they are a poor mans defender/footballer over an interceptor. Its common sense spoilers knock the ball the ground, interceptors mark the ball and it prevents the opposition from scoring and sets up your attack.

Who would you rather at full back Howard or May, Frost or Harris its not rocket science.

Im not suggesting we dont take Cole, I would just have a number of marking key defenders or 50 other players well ahead of him. If we get the choice we would be mad not to take the better option.

Last edited:
Nah he's got decent speed, he's just really small for an inside mid. Could be a winger but eh there's certainly better kids in the open pool you'd take over him

I wouldn't be surprised if we took Will Vesely as a project tall, he seems like he has some potential at 193cm
Vesely doesn't get. consistent game at VFL level. Won't be him.

It will be one of Hipwell or Hall-Kahan, with the 2nd more likely given how small Hipwell is.

Lock down defenders do have their place but they are a poor mans defender/footballer over an interceptor. Its common sense spoilers knock the ball the ground, interceptors mark the ball and it prevents the opposition from scoring and sets up your attack.

Who would you rather at full back Howard or May, Frost or Harris its not rocket science.

Im not suggesting we dont take Cole, I would just have a number of marking key defenders or 50 other players well ahead of him. If we get the choice we would be mad not to take the better option.
But how do you know that your better options will actually turn out to be ..... better options?

Or do you have magical back to the future powers??

I'm re-reading this article about Elwood Peckett. Seems like his tank has been a limiting factor for his performances so I feel a lot better about him because of how easy it is to fix tank at AFL level with AFL-level coaching and discipline. A reminder that a 187cm mid/fwd with x factor is a good addition to the list especially if we can take him as a Cat B rookie or late in the rookie draft

I'm re-reading this article about Elwood Peckett. Seems like his tank has been a limiting factor for his performances so I feel a lot better about him because of how easy it is to fix tank at AFL level with AFL-level coaching and discipline. A reminder that a 187cm mid/fwd with x factor is a good addition to the list especially if we can take him as a Cat B rookie or late in the rookie draft

Correct. Most of these kids are only starting real endurance work at 16 (or even 17 for some). Far too many stress related injuries when starting too early.

Legit St.Kilda F/S & NGA prospects upcomng.

Adrian Cole NGA - Vic Metro u18's Championships
Lennox Hofmann NGA - Vic Metro u18's Championships
Boston Everitt F/S (Also Gold Coast Academy)
Elwood Peckett F/S

Gill Wakelin F/S (Also Port Adelaide F/S)

Kyle Harrison NGA

Erik Hannequin NGA

Nevon Eshwara NGA
Ben Montgomery NGA

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 17 year old play local twos footy isn’t very exciting. Hopefully he has a growth spurt and oakliegh ask him to come back as an over ager
Harsh...APS footy is priority #1

Legit St.Kilda F/S & NGA prospects upcomng.

Adrian Cole NGA - Vic Metro u18's Championships
Lennox Hofmann NGA - Vic Metro u18's Championships
Boston Everitt F/S (Also Gold Coast Academy)
Elwood Peckett F/S

Gill Wakelin F/S (Also Port Adelaide F/S)

Kyle Harrison NGA

Erik Hannequin NGA

Nevon Eshwara NGA
Interesting, thank you. I have seen Nevon play a bit. Outstanding at the club level, but hard to know how that equates at the absolute top level.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Future NGA's or Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back