Game day thread V Geelong (May contain spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost disappointed with the way we won tonight. Halfway through the second quarter I almost felt sorry for the cats as we had complete and utter control of the contest.

Credit to Geelong, they changed a few things and managed to stem what seemed like an abundance of free players working back to help out the defence. It was pleasing however that our defense still battled manfully and Geelong really had to fight for their goals.

All in all can't complain with a win against the top side, yet another suprise in what has been an awesome season so far! :)

p.s If nic nat could learn how to kick he would be the best player in the comp tomorrow!
I must admit I did not feel sorry for Geelong as I always thought they would come back (plus those 2 100 point + drubbings where no that long ago).
Even though we slowed up in the 2nd half one thing I am very proud of is that we had enough composure to withstand Geelongs pressure...just!
Not sure what to think at the moment but am very excited for the team:thumbsu:

despite your best efforts, you can't kill my buzz, pantskyle, his armor is impenetrable!

Wasn't trying kill any buzz:(

I hear ya, some people need to enjoy the good times before they worry about next week, how bout everyone have a fap first then worry about next week yeah..

Genuinely happy at our win and game.

My bad, must have got you confused with another poster :p

:cool:

We've had a couple of bad last quarters but overall this season our last quarters have been good.

Great win, terrific first half and then took everything Geelong could throw at us in the second half to hold on for the win.

I meant to say 3rd Quarter efforts have been shit. Which they have. Except for the game against Carlton our 3rds are genuinely poor.

Mate, seriously get off it hey. Some of the stuff coming out of your mouth right now is downright embarrassing.

You reckon, after we just beat a team that 7 days ago was undefeated, that we will now have to play better to beat a team that's won 5 and a half games for the season? The footy we played from midway through the first term til half time was close to the best footy we've played in a single patch since 2006.

Go and enjoy the win, stop stressing about our second half, and let's get the job done against the Saints!

No need to become one eyed from this game. Saints will be a tough game. Can't remember when we last beat the Saints at Etihad.

I'll cap this off by saying that I was drinking (heavy) Extra Dry Platinum's last night. They have the tendency to make the end drinker a knob.;)

Loved the introduction to the game on TV: does anyone know who the violinist was, or what the music was? Powerful stuff!

172138d1305811644-game-thrones-hbo-spoiler-free-not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Sure am! The lady in red playing the violin - when the maestros come to play etc..... it's time for the maestros to take to the stage for this is Friday night football.
Great introduction to the game.
And the violin work - wow!

Metallica - Enter Sandman was the song

Laughed pretty hard at the intro personally.

****ing immense win. Geelong are pretty incredible really, their second half showed incredible character. But regardless of that, I thought the team was bloody brave in the last to hold out.

We showed both signs that I want to see from us; the capacity to play beautiful football, and the capacity to scrap it out and hold on. Ony Collingwood would have been able to respond like that in a second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the introduction to the game on TV: does anyone know who the violinist was, or what the music was? Powerful stuff!

That was awesome stuff i was pumped after that. iv been looking on youtube to see anyone has put it up but have no such luck.....:thumbsu:

That was awesome stuff i was pumped after that. iv been looking on youtube to see anyone has put it up but have no such luck.....:thumbsu:

Me too / checked out youtube too and can't find the 'lady in red' playing that violin version of Enter Sandman. Found an Apocalyptica version though> :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day thread V Geelong (May contain spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back