Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire is correct. This is totally unacceptable. But what has brought this on? We have been slowly going downhill for a period of weeks. The Dogs game was a warning things just weren't right. This is not a warning it is alarming. I can't believe we were dominated so easily. I think there is a problem within the group & Horse had better find out what it is before the finals otherwise blowouts like this will become commonplace. No team goes from being the best to the worst team in the comp without a definitive reason. There has to be a problem.

I saw players coasting. Not trying. I saw contested situations where we were just pushed off the ball. Some of our players did not even try to compete. They just let themselves get pushed around. Our rucks hit the ball directly to Port players all night. Ladhams is not AFL standard. He was woeful. Delist him at the end of the year. We need to drop some players. Bring Gus & Cleary in. Try Arnold. Francis is not up to AFL standard either.

When I see players who are stars of this team coasting and not getting to contests then something is terribly wrong
Amartey will come in

Amartey will come in
Bedford we need more than just Amartey. Our mids were nonexistent. Rowie tried hard but he was the only one trying. Heeney, Chad, Adams all coasted at different times. I was astounded. Their player is about to run away with the bll & they have to think about whether they chase or not? There is one particular point where Heeney's player is about to run away with the ball & Heeney starts to chase, then stops, then starts, then stops again. He could have caught him but did not try.

Bedford we need more than just Amartey. Our mids were nonexistent. Rowie tried hard but he was the only one trying. Heeney, Chad, Adams all coasted at different times. I was astounded. Their player is about to run away with the bll & they have to think about whether they chase or not? There is one particular point where Heeney's player is about to run away with the ball & Heeney starts to chase, then stops, then starts, then stops again. He could have caught him but did not try.
Ive already posted who i think , just saying that he will come in

I had a thought at AO the other night, sometime in the 3rd or 4th qtr (in between the 15th and 500th goal for Port), that we should just hand the captaincy to Rowy for now.

Mills clearly can't lead by example at the moment, not necessarily his fault obviously.

I had a thought at AO the other night, sometime in the 3rd or 4th qtr (in between the 15th and 500th goal for Port), that we should just hand the captaincy to Rowy for now.

Mills clearly can't lead by example at the moment, not necessarily his fault obviously.
Rampe or Papley should be captain.

For those saying Parker should play pure midfield in other threads, he was at 43% of CBs (so most of the bounces while he played) and 10 of his 11 touches were in the centre, after coming on.

I'm not sure he's the answer.
I thought he was one of your best when he came on.

Chad has dead set drank his entire bathwater in the last month, dead set over him if he wants to do that go to Freo next year for all I care. I feel as soon as we tried to change the side to fit Parker and Mills in, it's all gone badly. Now I'm not saying Parker hasn't been serviceable but we can point when it went badly, then we copped structural injuries like Jmac, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now with a slightly clearer mind... Ughh I just have a feeling that the MC will double down on Mills and will try him in the midfield. The 4th quarter is a hint to that. Doesn't matter if the ball was out of his hands.

It feels like dropping him now would mean admitting that the way situation was handled was all wrong and it was a mistake.

Now with a slightly clearer mind... Ughh I just have a feeling that the MC will double down on Mills and will try him in the midfield. The 4th quarter is a hint to that.

It feels like dropping him now would mean admitting that the way situation was handled was all wrong.

Well he did better than Chad did in there, not that the bar is set hight there.

Do feel we need to go back to what worked in the first part, and that was Mills/Parker not being there, play one as the sub if need be.

We badly miss Jmac he's in our top 2-3 unreplacebale players

He can't lead at all. He is not captain material. Just spraying other players whilst doing sweet nothing himself is so ridiculous. I agree, give it to Rowbottom, but I will go further and say he shouldn't expect it back. I would say Papley will be a good Captain too.

He can't lead at all. He is not captain material. Just spraying other players whilst doing sweet nothing himself is so ridiculous. I agree, give it to Rowbottom, but I will go further and say he shouldn't expect it back. I would say Papley will be a good Captain too.

I'd honestly make Gulden the captain now, enough is enough. Going forward is Mills in the side next year? I have doubts

Things that won’t happen:

1. Gus in
2. Hamling in

Things that might happen:

1. Cleary in
2. Parker out

Things that will hapoen

1. Armatey in
2. Ladhams out

It’s all a bit meh

Why can't Gus be in? Can't go worse than Mills. Hamling I agree doubt he plays, now we have made the call on Francis being next in he'll stay in unless Melican is back.

Parker out maybe, he did play well as a sub though I'd like him in that role against the Pies.

Ladhams out for good please never ever again. Enough, and especially not as a second ruck when we don't need one!

I feel as soon as we tried to change the side to fit Parker and Mills in, it's all gone badly. Now I'm not saying Parker hasn't been serviceable but we can point when it went badly, then we copped structural injuries like Jmac, etc.
Mills and Parker came back for the North game. We were trash the week before against the Saints and below par against Freo before that.

Hasn't helped us, but it wasn't the trigger.

What? He's been injured all year, needs to regain form/fitness, but why would he not be.

Game and especially our style has moved on, where is he playing? Surely he isn't in the midfield mix, so where is he? Gulden or Paps captain please. Rowbottom the VC.

Mills and Parker came back for the North game. We were trash the week before against the Saints and below par against Freo before that.

Hasn't helped us, but it wasn't the trigger.

I do feel we were tired against St Kilda so I did give them a pass in that game, the Freo game was poor though agree. It's been a mile worse since we are trying to fit Parker in and a captain who can't run. Why on earth hasn't Mills done a mini pre season in the VFL. We have been playing a man down since he's bee back as he's half fit at best

What? He's been injured all year, needs to regain form/fitness, but why would he not be.
I saw someone the other day (not on here) seriously suggesting that if Mills had another poor season next year, we would be looking to delist him.....

Recency bias is always hard to overcome when thinking about players in the midst of a poor patch, or coming off significant injuries lay offs.

Game and especially our style has moved on, where is he playing? Surely he isn't in the midfield mix, so where is he? Gulden or Paps captain please. Rowbottom the VC.
Oh we're doing the "slower, less flashy players have no place" thing? It makes no sense. If Rowy has a place, a fit Mills does too.

He's either a mid or he plays as a medium defender, but when he's fit and in form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back