Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

He must be a time traveller because he hasn't given a shit for weeks
So what happened with Corey Warner? What did I miss for others to determine that he was made a scale goat? It might have been the plan to take him off and put Parker on. We have become accustomed to horse not putting the sub on til the last qtr, he did something unexpected perhaps?

I remember a few years ago when Parker did that squibbing motion to some Essendon players and I did not like it then as I remembered thinking "our midfield can be the biggest squibs in the competition sometimes, do not throw stones in glass houses"
That was last year wasn’t it? Shakes head @ Parker

I still think we have had a huge training block which will be taping off inThe next few weeks. It's the only reason we can be so far behind on every play
I don't buy it. And if we did...

Why the hell have we continued it after the Freo, Saints losses?

I was talking more about in-game. You spend the second half crapping all over our bottom 4-5 players all of whom are fringe/out of our best team. That's not any definition of defending the team or sticking with them I've heard of.

Sure the guys in defense weren't great, but no defense on earth is coping with the absolute hiding our midfield took.

Ladhams had a game almost identitical to McDonald in stats, but did at least crack in and compete hard in the air especially, yet you spent the second half giving the guy playing his first game of the year a bath.

FWIW I wouldn't have picked either Francis or Ladhams (unless it was Mclean dropped or Grundy rested), but I'm not crapping all over them for the loss either.

Mills, Adams, Blakey all had absolutely horrendous games. Historically bad. Gulden & Warner got a few stats but had little impact....That's where the issues are atm...not with our bottom 4-5 players. Fix those issues and our bottom 4-5 start looking better (though sure, not world beaters).

Ok and I was talking about defending them the last month.

During the game is emotional, but I actually spent more time bagging out Gulden and Blakey and Mills than anyone else.

Ladhams was ****en abysmal though and its not his first game ever, he was a liability, so I stand by saying I dont want to see him again, he gave us what he always does nothing!!

But arguing over who I roasted more seems irrelevant to me, and I agree its the top tier players, but I would argue I complained about them more,

I dont think anyone deserves a pass, but we can split hairs over a few,

Ladhams selection made no sense to me, Francis I feel for, as he isn't actually able to do the role asked of him, but yeah I am ready to see rookies there.

Adams tried harder than most but you list him... see we all see it differently.

Mills and Blakey were shocking, but to me so was Gulden- cheap touches, Warner, Heeney, Grundy,

Yuck an awful night lets agree there, but if you think of all the people here I slated players unfairly or somehow didnt stick by the team then good for you, I watch every week and back them every week and sat through tonight, so whatever I guess.

So what happened with Corey Warner? What did I miss for others to determine that he was made a scale goat? It might have been the plan to take him off and put Parker on. We have become accustomed to horse not putting the sub on til the last qtr, he did something unexpected perhaps?

No idea, I remember agreeing with ashep he was at least trying and typing that as we cross to him coming off

I just can't get over the 3 rucks thing. The only thing bringing Ladhams in did/or was ever going to do, was take McLean out of his best position.
Ladhams isn't just bad as a forward he's such a shithouse 'ruckman' as well. While McLean can take a strong mark here and there, but as a genuine full time forward he's not too much, he's solid at best BUT his value is he's a very good second ruck who can help us maintain the rage in there and then be solid as a forward which is very different (most clubs don't have one of these types and have to either play a dud forward or dud 2nd ruck).
So through selection we inevitably ended up carrying 2 rucks playing in key forward posts (and sometimes a 3rd with Grundy needing to play there at times)......... instead of having what was arguably the best ruck combo in the game.

It was such a stupid selection that snowballed through everything we did, the worst bit was if Amartey genuinely needed to come out, we had no VFL so had every option available to us. Could've done Hamling, could've done gone smaller, ****ing anything would've been smarter than what they did. Blind Freddy could see how 3 rucks would go.
Then we went and doubled down when we were needing to go early on the sub, and didn't take off one of the ****ing ruckman, yeah Corey wasn't going great but we needing runners at that point.

Horse can really botch selection at crucial times, does it way too much. Had a chance to manage the list at 13-1 too and didn't, now we can't because top 4 may well be gone if we don't beat Collingwood. We just never learn from our mistakes and that's at the selection table too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the st kilda loss.

It broke the momentum and the sense of self beli3f.

I am soooooo embarrassed. I almost never and I mean never leave early. I’ve watched some hidings against hawthorn. I’ve seen Matthew Lloyd kick 14 goals against us. I’ve seen Melbourne pummel us when we were no good and I’ve always felt some reason to stay. I couldn’t do it today. There were a lot of swans fans there watching a team down 85-8. 85 points to 8. I have no idea of the stats but if the inside fifty count was anything resembling 15 to half time I’d be amazed. Our midfield was beyond putrid.

Bedford mentioned how the team was stuck in the race for a bit last week. Before the match tonight they were hanging around in a circle for about 5 minutes and finally did a few sprints. Port in the meantime was using their half of the oval spreading the ball hitting targets. So we are doing nil nada zip before the game. Mightn’t be anything but I didn’t like it.

But kind of so what. There is not a single part of the game that is working. Mills should not be going near the midfield. He is miles off it. He shouldn’t be captain either. Rampe is clearly the captain of this team and the only one who knows wha he is doing and does it reliably.

Ever since the stupid focus of the club was on heeney getting the Brownlow (ffs free heeney seriously) the club has been focussed on the wrong effing thing.

A further off the field thing - horse and his stupid effed up selections. Who came up with ladhams today ? Who in their right mind decided ladhams should stay on rather than Corey w. At least one can run. McLean is too bloody slow to be a full time forward especially with this absolutely pathetic midfield unit. Who can’t kick it to a players advantage if their life depended on it and certainly not in the first quarter. Having three ruckman - what team thinks this is a good idea ??? What off field coaching staff does ? I’m still angry with horse for 2014 with Goodes, Reid Tippett and buddy as a forward line - watching the hawks clear the ball over and over said to me then that horse routinely plays too tall and today was another example of it. I said in the match thread that horse should be publicly saying that it wasn’t Corey warners fault today - he was the least of the problems and I horse was the problem. If the high performing teams ethos means anything it means not blaming one of the youngest players out there for your stupid selections and then indescribably awful match day tactics

On field it’s probably worse. The midfield is absolutely abysmal. Worst in the comp level. I think the first contest in the third quarter rose was on Parker. Rozee breaks to the ball gets ball uncontested and goal is kicked. Parker stayed defensive side of stoppage and ball went over his head. Grundy taps it to heeney he drops the ball, port kicks a goal. Heeney wipes his hands on his shirt. Errol demands the ball. Is given the ball because he’d moan if he didn’t get it. Runs on his left turns around kicks on his right misses his target and goal is kicked after next stoppage. Jordon does brilliantly. Takes intercept mark kicks to Warner about five metres. Warner takes man on and done for htb.

The midfield is so awful. Just absolutely awful. I don’t know whether they’ve been told to be defensive and so not attack the ball in the first quarter but they start of aggressive and get burned on the turnover.

And we are so slow. Without papley and mcinerney the team is slow - especially forward of the ball. It was great when they were running forwards in the first half of the year. It’s now a team that is rout8nely caught forward of the ball and unable to get back because we turn it over at half forward all the time - wicks is one of our bottom tier players so I don’t want to say too much about him but ffs take the ball don’t tap it and give them the ball in open spaces.

Blakey is turning into an absolute first quarter liability. He plays well after that but he is miles off his man - maybe understandably because Francis can’t keep up with anyone and isn’t tall enough to play in front (but he is actually a better forward than any of our talls - he actually attacks the ball in the air and makes opponents need to make a contest. But Blakey just got made to look not even second rate but third rate by georgiadis.

Matt Roberts might be the only player over the past two weeks to have played at about his level. The rest of just absolute rubbish. Absolute.

I normally don’t like to criticise players per se because I know they’re trying their best and I’m sure they think they were doing so. But this team and this coaching staff need to be called out by supporters and the board. To be 85-8 down shows a complete failure of every single facet of the game. Humiliating embarrassing and pathetic.
Epic post my friend. And 100% accurate in my opinion.

Nup. He didn't give a shit before that happened.
That's the thing. If he was cracking in we likely would've found a way to score a point before they hit 70....

Ok and I was talking about defending them the last month.

During the game is emotional, but I actually spent more time bagging out Gulden and Blakey and Mills than anyone else.

Ladhams was ****en abysmal though and its not his first game ever, he was a liability, so I stand by saying I dont want to see him again, he gave us what he always does nothing!!

But arguing over who I roasted more seems irrelevant to me, and I agree its the top tier players, but I would argue I complained about them more,

I dont think anyone deserves a pass, but we can split hairs over a few,

Ladhams selection made no sense to me, Francis I feel for, as he isn't actually able to do the role asked of him, but yeah I am ready to see rookies there.

Adams tried harder than most but you list him... see we all see it differently.

Mills and Blakey were shocking, but to me so was Gulden- cheap touches, Warner, Heeney, Grundy,

Yuck an awful night lets agree there, but if you think of all the people here I slated players unfairly or somehow didnt stick by the team then good for you, I watch every week and back them every week and sat through tonight, so whatever I guess.
I don't think Ladhams gave any us any less than Mclean, McDonald, or Amartey has over the last month, in fact a bit more that a few games from all those guys, in that at least he was competitive and brought the ball to ground when it was bombed into the 50 haphazardly.

Ideally he would have come in for McLean if he was coming in and had us more mobile up forward.
Not that it would have made any difference. Two forward/Rucks and Grundy was a strange choice if that was the choice and not an injury in the last day or so.

Watched his press conference and it was the usual crap about effort, he genuinely seemed clueless about why the team has slumped so badly

The concerning thing was that he seems to believe that the problem only started tonight 🙄

Yep. The problem has been around for at least 6 matches now. Ever since the midseason break we have had obvious problems.

That was the st kilda loss.

It broke the momentum and the sense of self beli3f.

I am soooooo embarrassed. I almost never and I mean never leave early. I’ve watched some hidings against hawthorn. I’ve seen Matthew Lloyd kick 14 goals against us. I’ve seen Melbourne pummel us when we were no good and I’ve always felt some reason to stay. I couldn’t do it today. There were a lot of swans fans there watching a team down 85-8. 85 points to 8. I have no idea of the stats but if the inside fifty count was anything resembling 15 to half time I’d be amazed. Our midfield was beyond putrid.

Bedford mentioned how the team was stuck in the race for a bit last week. Before the match tonight they were hanging around in a circle for about 5 minutes and finally did a few sprints. Port in the meantime was using their half of the oval spreading the ball hitting targets. So we are doing nil nada zip before the game. Mightn’t be anything but I didn’t like it.

But kind of so what. There is not a single part of the game that is working. Mills should not be going near the midfield. He is miles off it. He shouldn’t be captain either. Rampe is clearly the captain of this team and the only one who knows wha he is doing and does it reliably.

Ever since the stupid focus of the club was on heeney getting the Brownlow (ffs free heeney seriously) the club has been focussed on the wrong effing thing.

A further off the field thing - horse and his stupid effed up selections. Who came up with ladhams today ? Who in their right mind decided ladhams should stay on rather than Corey w. At least one can run. McLean is too bloody slow to be a full time forward especially with this absolutely pathetic midfield unit. Who can’t kick it to a players advantage if their life depended on it and certainly not in the first quarter. Having three ruckman - what team thinks this is a good idea ??? What off field coaching staff does ? I’m still angry with horse for 2014 with Goodes, Reid Tippett and buddy as a forward line - watching the hawks clear the ball over and over said to me then that horse routinely plays too tall and today was another example of it. I said in the match thread that horse should be publicly saying that it wasn’t Corey warners fault today - he was the least of the problems and I horse was the problem. If the high performing teams ethos means anything it means not blaming one of the youngest players out there for your stupid selections and then indescribably awful match day tactics

On field it’s probably worse. The midfield is absolutely abysmal. Worst in the comp level. I think the first contest in the third quarter rose was on Parker. Rozee breaks to the ball gets ball uncontested and goal is kicked. Parker stayed defensive side of stoppage and ball went over his head. Grundy taps it to heeney he drops the ball, port kicks a goal. Heeney wipes his hands on his shirt. Errol demands the ball. Is given the ball because he’d moan if he didn’t get it. Runs on his left turns around kicks on his right misses his target and goal is kicked after next stoppage. Jordon does brilliantly. Takes intercept mark kicks to Warner about five metres. Warner takes man on and done for htb.

The midfield is so awful. Just absolutely awful. I don’t know whether they’ve been told to be defensive and so not attack the ball in the first quarter but they start of aggressive and get burned on the turnover.

And we are so slow. Without papley and mcinerney the team is slow - especially forward of the ball. It was great when they were running forwards in the first half of the year. It’s now a team that is rout8nely caught forward of the ball and unable to get back because we turn it over at half forward all the time - wicks is one of our bottom tier players so I don’t want to say too much about him but ffs take the ball don’t tap it and give them the ball in open spaces.

Blakey is turning into an absolute first quarter liability. He plays well after that but he is miles off his man - maybe understandably because Francis can’t keep up with anyone and isn’t tall enough to play in front (but he is actually a better forward than any of our talls - he actually attacks the ball in the air and makes opponents need to make a contest. But Blakey just got made to look not even second rate but third rate by georgiadis.

Matt Roberts might be the only player over the past two weeks to have played at about his level. The rest of just absolute rubbish. Absolute.

I normally don’t like to criticise players per se because I know they’re trying their best and I’m sure they think they were doing so. But this team and this coaching staff need to be called out by supporters and the board. To be 85-8 down shows a complete failure of every single facet of the game. Humiliating embarrassing and pathetic.

Great post

Gulden sulking over not getting the ball is a thing.

Blakey standing behind his man after another turnover and not even competing stood out, yes Blakey takes the game o a n and attacks, but lately has 0 interest in defending, absolutely 0

I dont get how other teams can just go lets clog the middle and man up and we just go bugger we cant play now.

Every little aspect of us even competing has gone out the window, it actually makes 0 sense to be this completely shitful to the point of non competeitive.

Lets be real last week was similar to this week, and if anything Dogs should be dissapointed slightly in retrospect not to maximise the %,. Maybe the SCG saved us a little.

I agree with your last point even in 2022, you can see they are "trying" this had a different feel lately, that they arent even competiting or wanting in,

Like they dont even like each other, lot of fingers pointed, one man in a contest, Adams got caught a couple of times, but no one with him, wicks handballed out of bounds, no one was with him.

Parker tried to make something happen, no one helped him, Heeney early on did try a bit, ditto rowbottom but into packs alone v 3.
francis cops its but left out to dry multiple times,

Jordon looked up a few times, no one to kick too, they were flogged, but they didnt even control any second of the play, or compete at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back