Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Things need to change:
1. Grundy needs a break. Grundy tactics at centre bounces need to be mixed up, is too predictable wrestling opposition rucks
2. We need to change our midfield mix for qtr 1 - try something new ie Jordan, Gulden, Lizard
3. Can we for once hold our shape, for 10 years our forward line pushes up to the ground too far, when we attack we simply have no forwards to kick too
4. I think we need to go smaller in the forward line, being too tall isn't working any more.
5. Maybe try warner halfback flank
6. We are too slow with full back kick ins - need easier options 30-40 metres out not barely 15 chip kicks
7. We miss easy hit-ups when linking up the ground especially around half back to half forward, sometimes hit the loose player or leading target 20 metres away rather than bombing it long to a contest
8. Call every player in and ask for feedback
9. All else fails, show the boys Tommy Raudonikis warm-up's from the 80's NRL, good old fashion face slapping to gee up the boys
I suggested my music last week like some Judas Priest but got laughed at by caesar88 who wanted Enya.

I don’t know what hurts more, Caesar’s music tastes or tonight’s effort 😭

Ladhams yeah look fair, I mean he is a first ruck, he either plays ruck or doesn't play.

You are correct except Id give Mclean more of a pass than the other 2 overall.
Agreed, he is slightly better than the other two...but then he's also the one more easily dropped given Ladhams can play the rck/fwd role IMO.
In anycase it'll be Amartey back in next week and those three giving us about what they do - which if our mids are dominant is JUST enough, and when they are beaten, nowhere near enough.

We aren't anywhere near a GF on the last 5 weeks. Lucky to win a final at all. And then I can't see how we get much better next year given our KPF and defensive stocks. I think it's going to take a monster trade to bring a a KPF to get us competitive at the pointy end of the season and that's going to mean giving up someone of high value.

Agreed, he is slightly better than the other two...but then he's also the one more easily dropped given Ladhams can play the rck/fwd role IMO.
In anycase it'll be Amartey back in next week and those three giving us about what they do - which if our mids are dominant is JUST enough, and when they are beaten, nowhere near enough.

We aren't anywhere near a GF on the last 5 weeks. Lucky to win a final at all. And then I can't see how we get much better next year given our KPF and defensive stocks. I think it's going to take a monster trade to bring a a KPF to get us competitive at the pointy end of the season and that's going to mean giving up someone of high value.

Hamling should get a go

Guess we tried to get Naughton

Assuming Rampe and Melican being close this week means they'd have to be in against the Pies.

Out - In:

Ladhams - Amartey
Francis - Melican
Mills - Rampe
Blakey - Magor
Parker - Sheldrick
Wicks - Hanily
Jordon - Cleary

Oh forgot Campbell, probably have him instead of Magor. If Blakey plays, manage Hayward. Fox stays back, Campbell and Hanily up forward.

I still think we have had a huge training block which will be taping off inThe next few weeks. It's the only reason we can be so far behind on every play
No one does huge training blocks anymore in the AFLl. They just don’t happen.

Our midfield, back when they gave a ****, definitely papered a bit up down back for us. There were worries about the quality our KPD coming into the year.
Getting monstered by Ratugolea and a beyond cooked Dixon isn't a great sign of what's to come. All our Key Backs would make great no. 2 backmen, but noone is a genuine no 1 defender.
Melican is the only one who's been in form all year. McCartin has had a pretty ordinary year and makes some shocking decisions/skill errors with ball in hand.
The defence is just so rudderless when Rampe isn't there to direct them which is not a great reflection on the other 'leaders' back there, even though he can look like he's 50 at times with some of his movement he's too relied on down there, bar Melican the others can be way to shaky. Noone else seems to be able to organise the field.
I doubt Hamling will do **** all as a forward but jeez, maybe we need to try him down back like we got him for. The rest are kids so there's no other immediate answer.

Obviously these last couple weeks our mids are crucifying them with their lazy jogging and half hearted tackling, but our defenders have just been giving away goals with a lot of shithouse efforts, including very costly ones in the close loses before the mids had completely checked out on them, and were still protecting them from 2nd qtr onwards. They fall over or knock each other over way too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t happen, however:

In: Melican, Campbell, Rampe (or Hamling if he’s not yet ready), Sheldrick, Cleary

Out: Francis, Wicks, Adams, Jordon, Ladhams

Mills is a tough call. Is he going to rapidly improve, or will he remain a liability?
Either way, bringing him back without a run or two in the VFL is proving a massive blunder.

Something is rotten at the club.

Yea we have injuries

Yea everyone has bad days.

But teams don't lose by 112 points unless there is something seriously wrong at the football club

Teams also dont drop from 13-1 to 14-6 and lose ~30% unless something has broken down cataclysmically.

We just cant compete and its getting worse every week why would next week be different?

Won’t happen, however:

In: Melican, Campbell, Rampe (or Hamling if he’s not yet ready), Sheldrick, Cleary

Out: Francis, Wicks, Adams, Jordon, Ladhams

Mills is a tough call. Is he going to rapidly improve, or will he remain a liability?
Either way, bringing him back without a run or two in the VFL is proving a massive blunder.

You want to add 2 more injured players? to a team that just lost by 17 goals?

You wanna lose by 150 :p?

Our workrate, positioning & energy is way poorer than earlier in the year. Contest to contest we were bulldozing through teams but now they're doing it to us. Maybe something has changed in the training/preparation work which has had a negative impact?

I hope the coaches & player don't throw in the towel like a few fans on social media. It would achieve nothing, we banked wins for worst case scenario. This is pretty much worst case scenario. We can't give up now, need to find solutions & more importantly high level energy in our performances.

Watched his press conference and it was the usual crap about effort, he genuinely seemed clueless about why the team has slumped so badly

The concerning thing was that he seems to believe that the problem only started tonight 🙄

He specifically mentioned the contest (or lack thereof).

Said there was no magic wand, just needed to get together as a coaching staff and leaders and work it out.

Was.asked about the poor first quarters, reckons they have addressed it numerous times, tried a few different things which obviously haven't worked.

He seemed genuinely gobsmacked, saying that it was completely unacceptable.

Not sure what to think....

Who in this current group fights the good fight when we find ourselves up against it. No-one, really largely why it all unravels into these 80+ point loses which we've had way too many of lately.
The last group pissed away some chances to be a 2 flag side but there was only one 80 point loss in the entire 2011-2017 period. This current side has already dished up 4 80+ point loses in their last 45 games....can't remember many flag sides that got flogged like that so often.

Where's the pride to fight it out? JPK always fought the fight. And again from that era, there were alot of others who did it more often than not too , bar some noticeable disappointing days, there was always a response to shit efforts (and always some response to shit first halves in 2nd halves). Not always a win but not no kind of response whatsoever.
This current group just throws in the towel in these games. The first half was putrid but to just let it get even worse is so weak. As soon as a win looks too hard, they just drop the bundle. The fact that Roberts has probably been our best the last fortnight is an indictment on a lot of players.

Maybe we should do more
Pride shit, or more puff pieces about how good we are in the community?
Every week we have players off doing PR crap.
They need to bunker down bring the fking mouth guards to training, drop the arrogance and egos at the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Game is long over, Swans were putrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back