Gameday Round 10- Etihad Stadium: St Kilda vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

How about we're absolutely dead on our legs? We gave everything we had to give in two and a half quarters but you've got to wonder how exhausting it must be to know you are playing with three players less than the opposition.

oh c'mon. if its not the injuries, its the umpires, if its neither its because we ran soooo hard early - never to do with us.

It'd be nice if you didn't comment on our footy team as if they were your children at u/8's sports day.

Why, because I think our boys put up a valiant effort against the 5th place team????? Read all the comments in here.... so did others, until things went pear shaped. You can't tell me those kids didn't try tonight. They tried their hearts out - most of them. For people to suggest otherwise is unfair.

its not about whether they "tried" - that's just the lowest of the lowest minimum standards.

they performed for 2.75 quarters and let everyone, including themselves, down from there.

there is no try... just do or do not do :)

mr_miyagi.jpg

oh c'mon. if its not the injuries, its the umpires, if its neither its because we ran soooo hard early - never to do with us.

It'd be nice if you didn't comment on our footy team as if they were your children at u/8's sports day.

Of course it has something to do with us. There were players that struggled tonight. Bad errors and judgement were made. Players will be dropped. No doubt about it. But the fact remains that the umpiring was atrocious - I dare you to say otherwise. And those bad calls HAD to have had an impact on how the game panned out. You can't have that amount of BAD calls go against you and it not have any impact whatsoever.

You also can't deny that most of the team tried their heart out tonight. We just still can't seem to get it together for 4 quarters but we are getting closer.

I am not using the below as an excuse for our loss but was it just me being one eyed or did the Crows get absolutely bent over by the umps tonight?

Particuliarly in the first half. There seemed to be a set of rules for them and a set of rules for us.

Also, we were dominating the ruck contest in the middle but yet the umpire could not bounce the ball and 9 times out of 10 it would favour the Saints and wouldn't be recalled.

No you're peddling bullshit.

Our effort, run and skills were completely non existent in the last quarter.

The real joke here is the Sgt. Schultz brigade who continually peddle some 'celebrate our loss' routine.

No doubt... that last quarter needs to be seriously analysed. The fact we weren't that bad for 4 quarters is nothing to cheer about. That said... if we can build on tonight we should f*&^ freo over next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you're peddling bullshit.

Our effort, run and skills were completely non existent in the last quarter.

The real joke here is the Sgt. Schultz brigade who continually peddle some 'celebrate our loss' routine.
Those two I agree on, but to question the effort is pathetic, and a complete cop out. No doubt there was some horrendous decision making, and lack of run in the last, but hard to blame them against a far better side. This was easily one of our better performances for the year, just behind Brisbane last week.

No doubt... that last quarter needs to be seriously analysed. The fact we weren't that bad for 4 quarters is nothing to cheer about. That said... if we can build on tonight we should f*&^ freo over next week.

Unlikely. Only way I think we'll beat Freo is if the stadium evokes too many bad memories for the players hence reduces them to have continuing seizures.

Yes, I really rate Freo.

Those two I agree on, but to question the effort is pathetic, and a complete cop out. No doubt there was some horrendous decision making, and lack of run in the last, but hard to blame them against a far better side. This was easily one of our better performances for the year, just behind Brisbane last week.

So let me get this straight... criticizing the application of the players is the cop out?

I would have thought 'oh its all good, they're just better than us... no problems here' was the real cop out. We started the season claiming top four potential, this sort of performance is not good enough! FFS, run is a key indicator of effort. The game was on the line at three quarter time and we responded with an insipid approach that saw us smashed. The team that wanted it more won the game, and it damn sure wasnt us.

As far as this being one of our better performances... wow, the pile of dog shit i stepped in this week had slightly less **** than last week. High 5. Its rubbish. For the record, we lost by 8 goals. 2 good quarters does not make a good performance. Its just another string in the long running pattern of us playing like crap for half a game, putting a few decent quarters together, and back patting ourselves like we were actually half close to winning the game.

So let me get this straight... criticizing the application of the players is the cop out?

I would have thought 'oh its all good, they're just better than us... no problems here' was the real cop out. We started the season claiming top four potential, this sort of performance is not good enough! FFS, run is a key indicator of effort. The game was on the line at three quarter time and we responded with an insipid approach that saw us smashed. The team that wanted it more won the game, and it damn sure wasnt us.

As far as this being one of our better performances... wow, the pile of dog shit i stepped in this week had slightly less **** than last week. High 5. Its rubbish. For the record, we lost by 8 goals. 2 good quarters does not make a good performance. Its just another string in the long running pattern of us playing like crap for half a game, putting a few decent quarters together, and back patting ourselves like we were actually half close to winning the game.

I mostly agree... but I would also say more than any other game I have seen this year... the umpires added about 4 goals to the Saints score line. So would assess this as about a 4 goal loss. Add to that we had a number of passengers in Stevens, Sloane, Walker, Porplyzia and a few others that faded in and out (i.e McLeod, Thompson) with some school boy errors from school boy players (Schmidt, Davis)...

That there was the game... I only hope the run added to the fitness/development of our players rather than further injure them.

I mostly agree... but I would also say more than any other game I have seen this year... the umpires added about 4 goals to the Saints score line. So would assess this as about a 4 goal loss. Add to that we had a number of passengers in Stevens, Sloane, Walker, Porplyzia and a few others that faded in and out (i.e McLeod, Thompson) with some school boy errors from school boy players (Schmidt, Davis)...

That there was the game... I only hope the run added to the fitness/development of our players rather than further injure them.

Had we lost the game narrowly, i would have whinged about the umpires.

We lost the right to do that by putting in such a lame performance when the game was on the line to be won. We're a team with no fighting spirit, which is sad, because its the one thing ive prided myself on as a Crows fan for the last decade.

I just don't see how people are questioning the effort of the players tonight. Put it simply, we are not fit enough to sustain the way we like to play for 4 quarters, and it is something that needs to be addressed quickly. Effort of AFL players is something that should never be questioned, unless you have actually played at the highest level and know what it is all about. Quite easy to sit on your computer and criticise, isn't it? For a change, why not comment on the positives from tonight? Sure there were negatives, but we are playing a heck of a lot better than a fortnight ago against NM, and the start of the season for that matter. Our past month of footy, bar the NM game, has been of a pretty adequate standard, some are just too blind to see this unfortunatley.

We played 2 and a half really good quarters and 1.5 shit ones, where we dropped our head.

Umps were shit, but many boths ways and it didn't cost us the game.
That I agree on, but it did cost it being a close game, which it should of been.

I just don't see how people are questioning the effort of the players tonight. Put it simply, we are not fit enough to sustain the way we like to play for 4 quarters, and it is something that needs to be addressed quickly. Effort of AFL players is something that should never be questioned, unless you have actually played at the highest level and know what it is all about. Quite easy to sit on your computer and criticise, isn't it? For a change, why not comment on the positives from tonight? Sure there were negatives, but we are playing a heck of a lot better than a fortnight ago against NM, and the start of the season for that matter. Our past month of footy, bar the NM game, has been of a pretty adequate standard, some are just too blind to see this unfortunatley.

For gods sake, prior to this week we've won every last quarter for the month fairly convincingly, and yet all of a sudden when we go to water its a fitness issue? How many excuses can we make before we begin to question mental application?

As far as these so called positives... i heard this exact same routine after the bulldogs game. 5 weeks later and NOTHING has changed.

I dont think the blindness is in the people who think somethings very wrong. Id say the 'oh we're going along swimmingly, milkshake and cookies for all' crowd are the ones with their vision lacking.

For gods sake, prior to this week we've won every last quarter for the month fairly convincingly, and yet all of a sudden when we go to water its a fitness issue? How many excuses can we make before we begin to question mental application?

As far as these so called positives... i heard this exact same routine after the bulldogs game. 5 weeks later and NOTHING has changed.

I dont think the blindness is in the people who think somethings very wrong. Id say the 'oh we're going along swimmingly, milkshake and cookies for all' crowd are the ones with their vision lacking.
I really can't be bothered argueing with you anymore. So enjoy your internet win.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameday Round 10- Etihad Stadium: St Kilda vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back