• Lachlan Sholl

• Brodie Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good
  • The look on Ken's face
  • The look on Travis's face
  • The look on Kochie's face
  • The value of Port's future second round pick, traded to West Coast along with pick 14 for Pick 12, Josh Sinn, who couldn't get near it in the magoos
  • Jordan Dawson putting Ken out of a job
  • But seriously, even before the kick Dawson was just so clearly our best player. It's almost depressing how big the game is to the next best. A class above
  • Maybe we should have a scout watching Brisbane's reserves every week. How didn't Hinge make it there? He's no world beater, but he's a top 10-15 player on this team. Does a lot right
  • His worst game yet, but Josh was still impactful. Just needs to get the hands cleaner in the big moments and he'll be unstoppable
  • Gollant is good. Will have some disappearing acts, but a welcome surprise how impactful he is and that he effectively is playing structurally as a key forward means we don't need to play more than 1-2 of, TT, Fog, Tex & Walker
  • Harry's back
  • I still think Elliot is on borrowed time, but good on him for having a crack tonight
  • I think Billy is better than Murray in that role. Serviceable for now.
  • Did Murph know he didn't have the legs and mayo that injury? If so, what a 1%er

The Bad
  • Chayce just doesn't have it. Time to cut the cord and have a spell in the magoos
  • Pedantic, but jeez it'd be nice if Ned stopped giving away overeager frees
  • Fog offering absolutely zero value. If he's not kicking 3.0, he's not on the field
  • One paced midfield again. Three accumulators with low hurt factor playing in the same rotation is painful. Need some balance and a point of difference
  • On that, if Matt Crouch never played a game for us again I'd be happy. That Willem Drew goal was enough. If he's not getting a cheapie, his man's doing a lot more. No hurt factor, no accountability and worst of all, his lack of athleticism/effort/pressure on defence just makes it so easy for the opposition to move the ball out of the middle.

The Ugly
- Dawson putting Ken out of a job means they may have a better coach next time. I don't like that for us.

Shout out to Sam Mayes for clinching the dumbest play of the game, it took an amazing effort on his part given the other nominies, but he got the job done!

What a win, I still can’t believe it happened. The list might be a mess and deep in a rebuild but those wins against Geelong and Melbourne last year and then tonight were on the back of effort, and the joy they bring to the players and supporters is priceless.

Someone has to take the whistles off these umpires, they are freakin hopeless.
The players in the SANFL are looking good so the list isn't as a mess as most are thinking.

It's amazing how much influence Gollant had on the match with only 6 touches

He's got 'it'
Hits every marking contest with pace! Doesn’t clunk them all, but always gives our smalls a chance. The set shot from nearly 50 out only came because he hit the ball with pace and took the mark, if he hesitated even slightly that’s an easy spoil for Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Good
  • The look on Ken's face
  • The look on Travis's face
  • The look on Kochie's face
  • The value of Port's future second round pick, traded to West Coast along with pick 14 for Pick 12, Josh Sinn, who couldn't get near it in the magoos
  • Jordan Dawson putting Ken out of a job
  • But seriously, even before the kick Dawson was just so clearly our best player. It's almost depressing how big the game is to the next best. A class above
  • Maybe we should have a scout watching Brisbane's reserves every week. How didn't Hinge make it there? He's no world beater, but he's a top 10-15 player on this team. Does a lot right
  • His worst game yet, but Josh was still impactful. Just needs to get the hands cleaner in the big moments and he'll be unstoppable
  • Gollant is good. Will have some disappearing acts, but a welcome surprise how impactful he is and that he effectively is playing structurally as a key forward means we don't need to play more than 1-2 of, TT, Fog, Tex & Walker
  • Harry's back
  • I still think Elliot is on borrowed time, but good on him for having a crack tonight
  • I think Billy is better than Murray in that role. Serviceable for now.
  • Did Murph know he didn't have the legs and mayo that injury? If so, what a 1%er

The Bad
  • Chayce just doesn't have it. Time to cut the cord and have a spell in the magoos
  • Pedantic, but jeez it'd be nice if Ned stopped giving away overeager frees
  • Fog offering absolutely zero value. If he's not kicking 3.0, he's not on the field
  • One paced midfield again. Three accumulators with low hurt factor playing in the same rotation is painful. Need some balance and a point of difference
  • On that, if Matt Crouch never played a game for us again I'd be happy. That Willem Drew goal was enough. If he's not getting a cheapie, his man's doing a lot more. No hurt factor, no accountability and worst of all, his lack of athleticism/effort/pressure on defence just makes it so easy for the opposition to move the ball out of the middle.

The Ugly
- Dawson putting Ken out of a job means they may have a better coach next time. I don't like that for us.
Hinkley was always going to be sacked by Port Power if he didn't win them a premiership in the next 2 years, very rarely do coaches last 10+ years without a premiership so we just hasten this by a year and he has definitely left their list in a very poor shape.

Himmelberg: Reckon he saved his career tonight. Took big forward marks and had a big game
I'm hoping I'll be able to say I was wrong about EH --- in about 10 weeks or so.
Tonight's game was an outlier for EH and I'd love it if it was a turning point for him AND the Crows.

He started off badly; dropped a mark he got both hands to then gave away a Fogarty-like free in frustration.
Then something happened --- I have no idea what, but I did wonder if he'd been Fine Cottoned after quarter time.

Shout out to Sam Mayes for clinching the dumbest play of the game, it took an amazing effort on his part given the other nominies, but he got the job done!

Only Murphy would’ve have the presence of mind to actually turn that into a free kick.

Port player was coming in waist height and Lachlan did what he does best — slipped right under it.

Then went absolutely down for the count like Will Smith had bitch-slapped him.

Give him the Oscar. That was outstanding.

Why would he be at Centrelink?

Port have paid him over $8,000,000 to drink Coke Zero while his assistants (Richardson, Walsh, Schofield and Voss) do all the hard work.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rationality doesn’t exist there. They have a premiership winning list that he is sabotaging apparently. It’s all his fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review GBU: Jordan Dawson sinks Port Adelaide after the siren

Back